Good Morning Thread | Page 530 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

I had to laugh when watching the news about the impending extreme heat. The report showed a gang of rail workers with pots and brushes painting rails white to reflect some of the heat in the hope of reducing buckling. FFS, it makes painting the Forth Bridge look like a half day job! Just demonstrates how the sector is being held back by outdated work practices, surely it's not beyond their technical guys to develop a piece of kit to spray the rails somewhat quicker!

I had to laugh when watching the news about the impending extreme heat. The report showed a gang of rail workers with pots and brushes painting rails white to reflect some of the heat in the hope of reducing buckling. FFS, it makes painting the Forth Bridge look like a half day job! Just demonstrates how the sector is being held back by outdated work practices, surely it's not beyond their technical guys to develop a piece of kit to spray the rails somewhat quicker!

3 guys and a pump car. Two off the back w spray cans and one to pump the trolley ;)

1658087805518.png

Fek me
What happens if you don't pay your TV Licenence in Aus?
They must hang you up by the thumbs, and beat you unconscious.
Shop lifting, chained to a wall for 40 years, good god.
BTW Happy Birthday Nick, ooops that was yesterday, for a change I'm too slow 😉

No such thing as TV licence in Australia. Ssshhhh.....don't give them ideas!

Wow , just wow .
That is frightening .
I used to drive three to five hundred miles a week when I was at work , looking after contracts from Brighton to the east and Weymouth in the west and London in the north .
The advent of mobile phones made this worse . Pre mobiles , if there was a problem in one area , I wouldn’t get to know about it until the following day .
Moblle comes along and I’ve got no excuse but to drive sixty to seventy miles to sort it out that day .
I spent the last years of work driving whilst on the phone , hands free ,( as if that made any difference )
Luckily , I wasn’t working in Australia !!!!!!! I doubt if I would have had a job .
Does a licence get cancelled for a period of time , or permanently? After 12 points I think we get a ban of some sort .

Once you reach 12 points, it'll go before the courts and will be judged on a case by case basis. As you can imagine, this clogs up our courts as there's so many people losing their licence. Normally you'll be disqualified for 6-12 months than start on a provisional licence with only 4 points allowed for 12-24 months before they re-issue a full open licence.

I actually lost my licence and then my job in the late 80's working for a global air freight company. Was on a huge salary + car allowance, so it really hurt. My licence was disqualified but I didn't hand it in, so I ended up getting a job with Nissan and Honda selling new and used cars and pretended to have a licence. They gave me a company car...which was scary as I was unlicensed!

This country has completely lost it in terms of penalties for anything to do with revenue for the Government, yet car theft, vandalism, break and entering crimes receive a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, don't we all. I find it all very confusing what strategy to take and I'm certainly not a petrol head. It needs to be the right return on investment for me. As an example would my money be better served in solar panels and leave the electric car idea for a few more years. Then there are hydrogen cars coming behind.

Don't hate me, but that is sort of why I'm holding onto my 3L Diesel. My office is a couple of miles away and I get to work from home part of the week. The golf club / gym is about 8 miles away. I don't rack up a load of miles, but do know that I begrudge the miles per gallon when I do.

It's been a long time since buying a car was an easy choice.

Go for the V8 Twin turbo Diesel! I'm getting 13 litres per 100klms which is fantastic. Around 21 MPG for a big Sahara Cruiser.

Attachments

• Sahara 2.jpg
    Sahara 2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1
Morning all.
I love this weather , the hotter the better for me , my wife hates it though .
It’s been a funny old week , our painter sort of let us down at the last minute , he asked if he could put back his start date for a week , but that didn’t fit in with our plans , we had to get the walls decorated before the rads were put on .
So we decided to do the painting ourselves , gave the painter a fuck off tablet .
But then the plumber got put back three days , his work was in the build contract , so we couldn’t get any one else, ….besides , he is a fellow yid and all round good bloke and I knew he wouldn’t muck us around if it wasn’t genuine.
So we have been painting all week , not the best place to be in a heatwave , under glass ……. The paint is drying as we put it on .
The floor layer has delayed his work because the heat is making the vinyl tiles too soft , …..it’s been one thing after another .
It’s been a test for my new found air of acceptance!!!!

I was at the Hospital on Friday , having a CT Scan , as they are trying to find a reason as to why I’ve got a blood clot in my leg . They are looking for sinister things now , which I don’t like the idea of , .the last bloke I spoke at the hospital said the flight to the Canaries in March could have caused it, but he wanted to make sure I didn’t have anything nasty lurking .
I’ve had just about every test known to man now , The NHS are just the best …….. makes me feel so humble and so very grateful.

I’m on blood thinning tablets for three months , which they are saying should clear it up.
I’ve got one normal size leg and one that is swollen double it’s size . Getting shoes on my left foot is a challenge .
Luckily there is no pain , …. After the scan yesterday , when they pumped this gubbins into me , which made me have a hot flush and a feeling like I’d just pissed myself , they told me to drink plenty of fluids to flush it all out of system .
I asked if beer counted as fluids , and the lovely lady Radiographer said it did ,……. so I did .
I think I’ve flushed it all out now . ……

So back to the painting this morning , we only do a few hours each day , no point in knocking yourself out . Nobody else is bothered about getting our jobs done , in a hurry , so why should we !

It’s great being retired .

Down side to all the above though , is that I missed the cricket this week ,,,, I didn’t even know it was on …… most unlike me , didn’t see any game , not even the highlights .

Hope you are all well , take care , look after each other.

Hope all is well with your leg Walt.

I've had that injection of fluid before the MRI and yes, you feel like you've pissed yourself...very weird.

Don't worry about the cricket...there were and are no highlights...it's cricket.:grinning:

Ha ha all you speed freaks can now sell your high performance machines.......they will be giveaway prices...my fart mobile has just gone up in price...seriously why have a top of the range motor which is restricted to what all cars can do...apart from the 'look at me' factor' what else does it offer if this is implemented...

My GT Mustang has just gone up in value by $10K
My Landcruiser Sahara V8 twin turbo diesel is worth $30k more than we paid for it - $150,000
My Subaru WRX is worth $8000 more than this time 2 years ago.
My Saab Aero V6 Turbo convertible worth $4000 more than this time 2 years ago.

Look at me factor is not a thing with me. It's all about the fun behind the wheel. I'm not an A to B guy. For me it's all about the journey, not the destination. I guess PY and USAAF feel the same way.

Luxury and performance vehicles are a huge market Greavsie. I rather be doing the speed limit in a Mustang GT than in a VW or anything less fun. They handle, brake, accelerate and just feel better and safer.

My Landcruiser Sahara V8 twin turbo diesel is worth $30k more than we paid for it - $150,000

Look at me factor is not a thing with me. It's all about the fun behind the wheel. I'm not an A to B guy. For me it's all about the journey, not the destination. I guess PY and USAAF feel the same way.

Luxury and performance vehicles are a huge market Greavsie. I rather be doing the speed limit in a Mustang GT than in a VW or anything less fun. They handle, brake, accelerate and just feel better and safer.

Hod understand your viewpoint to an extent....better safer I accept...BUT its the other drivers that are the danger to better safer not just the quality of your car mate!

What I will accept is comfort....so on long journeys we use the merc But most of the time we run about in an Auris 1.8 Hybrid.

Happy cruising.

Morning Hod and the rest of you geezers!

Am totally with you there, being its the journey not the destination, it is the fun being behind the wheel, comfort etc but as Greavsie said it is the other numpties on the road, so you have to be alert all the time.
The biggest grief for me, when I am toodling about in my Dodge, is the numpties attitude of "oh its a big heavy slow Gas guzzler" flashing headlights etc, at me, but they do not know a 3.75t vehicle with a V8, can go like shit off the shovel, when I show em this its open gawped gobs from em.

Oh I thought I would let you know, on Sat I had my fave dish, cooked by me, a mash spud island surrounded by Liver n Bacon with onion gravy, Mrs Py can't stand the stuff, so she had a Quiche I cooked earlier.
So Sunday morning brekkie, was the rest of the gravy from the Liver n Bacon and dunking toast mmmmm!

Cloudy, Sunny ere, gonna be another warm un, love it, nanny state telling me how to live, fcuks sake am a survivor of 1976, no bloody warnings then, but we all made it.

Have a good day folks, look after yourselves and your oppo's.

Am totally with you there, being its the journey not the destination, it is the fun being behind the wheel, comfort etc but as Greavsie said it is the other numpties on the road, so you have to be alert all the time.
The biggest grief for me, when I am toodling about in my Dodge, is the numpties attitude of "oh its a big heavy slow Gas guzzler" flashing headlights etc, at me, but they do not know a 3.75t vehicle with a V8, can go like shit off the shovel, when I show em this its open gawped gobs from em.

Oh I thought I would let you know, on Sat I had my fave dish, cooked by me, a mash spud island surrounded by Liver n Bacon with onion gravy, Mrs Py can't stand the stuff, so she had a Quiche I cooked earlier.
So Sunday morning brekkie, was the rest of the gravy from the Liver n Bacon and dunking toast mmmmm!

Cloudy, Sunny ere, gonna be another warm un, love it, nanny state telling me how to live, fcuks sake am a survivor of 1976, no bloody warnings then, but we all made it.

OMG PY, you've got me salivating at the thought of liver and bacon with mash and onion gravy! :p

Morning all
Great weekend over here, the sun finally made an appearance.
Ulster fry for brekkie Sunday
I lifted the first of my potatoes for dinner and have successfully grown garlic (1st attempt)
Finally, did our first gig on Sunday, just 2 hours at a wee pub in Comber, for a sound check, very good reception from the crowd, gigging in reality starts next week, we're back 😉

Hi all
Last nite's gig brought something home to me
Now I'm an older bloke, tho'younger than some here (no offence)
However, I put on a medium T shirt Lynnard Skinnard from the 1990s, fits like a glove, but my issue is that now I appear to be a large /Ex large in clothes, my trousers from years ago are tight but fit 32" now I'm 34/36, what is this all about "skinny" clothes I can't even get my arms down half of the shirts.
Yet they're all wee fat bas£ards running about in I'll fitting suits.
Maybe it's me 🙄

Hi all
Last nite's gig brought something home to me
Now I'm an older bloke, tho'younger than some here (no offence)
However, I put on a medium T shirt Lynnard Skinnard from the 1990s, fits like a glove, but my issue is that now I appear to be a large /Ex large in clothes, my trousers from years ago are tight but fit 32" now I'm 34/36, what is this all about "skinny" clothes I can't even get my arms down half of the shirts.
Yet they're all wee fat bas£ards running about in I'll fitting suits.
Maybe it's me 🙄
I've got a wardrobe full of good quality clothing, 38" chest jackets, 32/34" waist trousers, 15" collar shirts. I kept them in the seemingly vain hope I might shrink as I get older and fit into them again. I am now coming to terms with the fact some charity shop is going to make a nice profit from them! :LOL:

So based on charging your car it goes up 4 fold to 10 k?
No, that's also replacing my gas usage with electric heating. My current electricity consumption is 2000kWh per annum, to replace my gas boiler with electric heating is another 3000kWh, and to charge an electric car doing 10000 miles annually would require 3200kWh, so a total of 8200kWh per annum. At my current tarrif that costs around £2510. The four fold increase relates to the overall increase in electricity usage.

Last edited:
Hod understand your viewpoint to an extent....better safer I accept...BUT its the other drivers that are the danger to better safer not just the quality of your car mate!

What I will accept is comfort....so on long journeys we use the merc But most of the time we run about in an Auris 1.8 Hybrid.

Happy cruising.

Hey Greavsie! You're correct, however, the deal is that whatever you drive, you should always be looking out for the idiots ambling about. When you drive a performance car or something worth a bit of coin, then you're extra attentive behind the wheel, which makes for a better driver.

I've raced cars on track and on dirt, where the concentration is on another level, bordering on ridiculous. On the track, you must anticipate what the other drivers are thinking before they do it. I drive the same way on the road, regardless of what I'm driving.

What sort of Merc do you have? I love them!

You tell 'em PY!

When you say liver in terms of cuisine, I boke (dry reach). However, for those who love the stuff you sound like an awesome chef cooking up a storm for all. Mrs PY has certainly got it good!

Not sure if you have them over there, but a Pro Racer mate of mine, Keith Kassulke, (Google him) has bought 2 brand new Rams (they've dropped the Dodge name) and exported one to PNG. The other one is in Sydney, but he wants me to sell it for him. It's brand new 2022 model worth a fortune. He's driving it up to Brisbane to my house, where it will stay until I sell it. Poor fellow, he had an awful accident in 2015 when his race car went up in flames. He passed out in the car as he was unable to activate the in-car fire extinguisher. He now looks worse than Niki Lauda did. He was a dashing tall handsome man, who takes pride in his looks and presentation. He is back racing, but not as much as he'd like. He races all over Europe in different classes and has dozens of collectable very very fast cars.

Stay cool chaps.

Morning all
Great weekend over here, the sun finally made an appearance.
Ulster fry for brekkie Sunday
I lifted the first of my potatoes for dinner and have successfully grown garlic (1st attempt)
Finally, did our first gig on Sunday, just 2 hours at a wee pub in Comber, for a sound check, very good reception from the crowd, gigging in reality starts next week, we're back 😉

Look out world...Niall and his band are back and will rock yer socks off!:band2::guitar::party: