Good Morning Thread | Page 528 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well there is some interesting reading on here, regards new cars/vehicles, petrol/diesel, hybrid, all leccie, used or brand new!

Running costs, miles per pound, depreciation etc maybe I have been fortunate but to be honest I have never really thought of any of it, if I wanted a particular vehicle I went and got/bought it!

Bought my 1st brand new vehicle in 1990, Mitsubishi L200, have had 2 of them, 2 x Land Rover Disco's, 1 x Land Rover 10, and finally my Dodge, that's not mentioning the number of 7.5t to 15t lorries my business bought/owned.

Mind that was in the days of me "working" not so now as am retired, oh and being a "petrol head" I keep and love my Dodge Ram "Daytona" hemi V8 5.7, bought it new in 2006, had my last Disco at the same time, then sold it in 2010, so now 16 years old, and still a brilliant truck.

All I can say is maybe I have been lucky.

Well there is some interesting reading on here, regards new cars/vehicles, petrol/diesel, hybrid, all leccie, used or brand new!

Running costs, miles per pound, depreciation etc maybe I have been fortunate but to be honest I have never really thought of any of it, if I wanted a particular vehicle I went and got/bought it!

Bought my 1st brand new vehicle in 1990, Mitsubishi L200, have had 2 of them, 2 x Land Rover Disco's, 1 x Land Rover 10, and finally my Dodge, that's not mentioning the number of 7.5t to 15t lorries my business bought/owned.

Mind that was in the days of me "working" not so now as am retired, oh and being a "petrol head" I keep and love my Dodge Ram "Daytona" hemi V8 5.7, bought it new in 2006, had my last Disco at the same time, then sold it in 2010, so now 16 years old, and still a brilliant truck.

I guess a lot of us have been lucky to own some nice cars in the past. I have not had to consider car cost much but vans yes. Mpg and reliability are important for work horses.
But getting around now is getting prohibitive cost wise. Having said that I get passed by cars doing 90 plus regularly and fast acceleration up to that. So it's obviously not bothering a lot still.
I can't justify fast driving .Its dangerous and illegal plus a waste of fuel which is irresponsible. Its not even fun for me anymore, I ask myself....what are you doing ?

That's really interesting 54, my daughter asked me about hybrids and I said I was looking at the Ford Puma mild hybrid so she said she would also be interested. Having discovered how 'mild' it is, i.e. basically a DRS system which assists the petrol engine, I though I would look at other options. Self-charging hybrids seem to be very limited as far as I could see with Totoya/Lexus seeming to have most of the market. I came across the Kia Niro and Stonic models and suggested to my daughter that she take a look at them so it's interesting to read your comments on the Niro.
A recommendation from me TQ.The Stonic I think is a Hyundai which are the same stable as the Kia.

Might have told you this before but my mate had 3 tickets to Top Gear in the studio and I declined the offer. I then watched them standing about 2 yards from Clarkson and co.

I drive a 3L BMW X6, the most pointless car ever according to Clarkson. That makes me want to hold onto it.

The Stonic is indeed a Kia model but I have also checked out the Hyundai Kona which is very similar to the Niro.

Thanks for putting me right TQ! I think there is another Hyundai as a hybrid but it is a narrow field. Toyota, Kia and Hyundai are the only ones that come to mind. Still recommended though!

It's defo weird re cars now a days
I bought a Range Rover 3 years ago, and TBH it held its price really well on trade in. They appear to be quite a popular car to buy and many were actually dearer on the forecourt than I payed 3 years, ago, what is that all about??
However I went back to petrol, I need an SUV, being in the country, usually here it costs an arm and a leg to get anything delivered + the band gear is more easily carried, I seem to be getting low 40s to the gallon, which is very good, I've no doubt living in the city it would be a good deal less, but then if I lived in the city I'd drive a VW golf or the like...

It's defo weird re cars now a days
I bought a Range Rover 3 years ago, and TBH it held its price really well on trade in. They appear to be quite a popular car to buy and many were actually dearer on the forecourt than I payed 3 years, ago, what is that all about??
However I went back to petrol, I need an SUV, being in the country, usually here it costs an arm and a leg to get anything delivered + the band gear is more easily carried, I seem to be getting low 40s to the gallon, which is very good, I've no doubt living in the city it would be a good deal less, but then if I lived in the city I'd drive a VW golf or the like...

As a matter of interest being out and about today I checked my mpg which comes up every time I turn the engine off. With a mix of motorway, country lane and normal town driving totalling 37 miles my mpg was 73.1. Pretty good result and it is not abnormal.

Morning all, hot n sunny round these ere parts, probably like everyone else, lol! heatwave for a time then back to good old Brit summer time, thunder n lighting lol!

Did any of you see the Cricket yesterday, all I have discovered, though a fanatic for the game, is what the fcuk do I know? lol!

Sat there whingeing n moaning, about our Batting peops, and how good the India Bowlers were, jeez! 246 all out in 48+ overs, my thoughts good run chase for the very good Batting peops of India, another bloody Test lost! bring back Owen!

How bleedin wrong was I? what the hell do I know about Cricket?
Fast/seam bowler Topley, new 50 over record, set about em with some help from Willey and spinners, India all out 146 in 38 overs, England win by 100 runs in 10 overs less, so had to eat my bloody words, sat there in shock, roll on the decider on Sunday at OT.

Right off now to prepare Mrs PY's lunch, Spouse Carer's jobs never done!

Cheers all and take care of each and all.

Look
Hi PY
Believe it or not we've seen very little of the sun over here.
It has been warm and muggy with very low cloud, no sun until after dinner usually, on the few days we've gotten sun here, it has blown a gale, with that said I don't want the 40 odd degrees they're getting on the continent. 😅
Looks like we'll all be coming to yours on Monday and Tuesday Niall, better get the cold beers in. :LOL:

Morning all.
I love this weather , the hotter the better for me , my wife hates it though .
It’s been a funny old week , our painter sort of let us down at the last minute , he asked if he could put back his start date for a week , but that didn’t fit in with our plans , we had to get the walls decorated before the rads were put on .
So we decided to do the painting ourselves , gave the painter a fuck off tablet .
But then the plumber got put back three days , his work was in the build contract , so we couldn’t get any one else, ….besides , he is a fellow yid and all round good bloke and I knew he wouldn’t muck us around if it wasn’t genuine.
So we have been painting all week , not the best place to be in a heatwave , under glass ……. The paint is drying as we put it on .
The floor layer has delayed his work because the heat is making the vinyl tiles too soft , …..it’s been one thing after another .
It’s been a test for my new found air of acceptance!!!!

I was at the Hospital on Friday , having a CT Scan , as they are trying to find a reason as to why I’ve got a blood clot in my leg . They are looking for sinister things now , which I don’t like the idea of , .the last bloke I spoke at the hospital said the flight to the Canaries in March could have caused it, but he wanted to make sure I didn’t have anything nasty lurking .
I’ve had just about every test known to man now , The NHS are just the best …….. makes me feel so humble and so very grateful.

I’m on blood thinning tablets for three months , which they are saying should clear it up.
I’ve got one normal size leg and one that is swollen double it’s size . Getting shoes on my left foot is a challenge .
Luckily there is no pain , …. After the scan yesterday , when they pumped this gubbins into me , which made me have a hot flush and a feeling like I’d just pissed myself , they told me to drink plenty of fluids to flush it all out of system .
I asked if beer counted as fluids , and the lovely lady Radiographer said it did ,……. so I did .
I think I’ve flushed it all out now . ……

So back to the painting this morning , we only do a few hours each day , no point in knocking yourself out . Nobody else is bothered about getting our jobs done , in a hurry , so why should we !

It’s great being retired .

Down side to all the above though , is that I missed the cricket this week ,,,, I didn’t even know it was on …… most unlike me , didn’t see any game , not even the highlights .

Hope you are all well , take care , look after each other.

As a matter of interest being out and about today I checked my mpg which comes up every time I turn the engine off. With a mix of motorway, country lane and normal town driving totalling 37 miles my mpg was 73.1. Pretty good result and it is not abnormal.
I get around the same mate , pottering around town isn’t as good but a journey like yours would be around the same , .
Some roads I can hold 40 mph and get a reading of 99 mpg, which is as high as the readings go ….. as soon as I accelerate faster than that , or as I accelerate up to that , it drops down to the forties and fifties .

Morning all.
It’s been a funny old week , our painter sort of let us down at the last minute , he asked if he could put back his start date for a week , but that didn’t fit in with our plans , we had to get the walls decorated before the rads were put on .
So we decided to do the painting ourselves , gave the painter a fuck off tablet .
But then the plumber got put back three days , his work was in the build contract , so we couldn’t get any one else, ….besides , he is a fellow yid and all round good bloke and I knew he wouldn’t muck us around if it wasn’t genuine.
So we have been painting all week , not the best place to be in a heatwave , under glass ……. The paint is drying as we put it on .
The floor layer has delayed his work because the heat is making the vinyl tiles too soft , …..it’s been one thing after another .

I was at the Hospital on Friday , having a CT Scan , as they are trying to find a reason as to why I’ve got a blood clot in my leg . They are looking for sinister things now , which I don’t like the idea of , .the last bloke I spoke at the hospital said the flight to the Canaries in March could have caused it, but he wanted to make sure I didn’t have anything nasty lurking .
I’ve had just about every test known to man now , The NHS are just the best …….. makes me feel so humble and so very grateful.

I’m on blood thinning tablets for three months , which they are saying should clear it up.
I’ve got one normal size leg and one that is swollen double it’s size . Getting shoes on my left foot is a challenge .
Luckily there is no pain , …. After the scan yesterday , when they pumped this gubbins into me , which made me have a hot flush and a feeling like I’d just pissed myself , they told me to drink plenty of fluids to flush it all out of system .
I asked if beer counted as fluids , and the lovely lady Radiographer said it did ,……. so I did .

So back to the painting this morning , we only do a few hours each day , no point in knocking yourself out . Nobody else is bothered about getting our jobs done , in a hurry , so why should we !

Down side to all the above though , is that I missed the cricket this week ,,,, I didn’t even know it was on …… most unlike me , didn’t see any game , not even the highlights .

Does her approval mean your beer is on the NHS Walt? We wish!! Enjoy the sun and take it steady. We are spending a week in the New Forest, a town called Sway. Came down yesterday. Beautiful peaceful cottage. Pub in walking distance, happy wife, very relaxed. Have a good day all. I think I will!

Morning all.

Walt good luck with all these investigations and strange liquids being pumped into you! Hopefully they are on top of things in the NHS and wills sort you out mate.:cheers: Hope you have got a pair of hybrid trousers with one fat leg and one thin leg fitting....there is a business opportunity here ha ha!

Good morning all, wevver round these ere parts looks good again, gonna be a hot un, it is building up to it, as Walt I love the sun.

Though Mrs PY believes I have had some sort of Heat Stroke, as in having trouble holding my toilet, a bit like IBS, had one failure, jesus embarrassing, luckily I was at home, I seem ok now.
Am now expecting a Greavsie remark for my honesty, lol!

Niall, its obvious the sun is shining on the righteous lol! and thanks mate for the invite, if Mrs PY could travel I would most certainly take you up on your offer, kill two birds with one stone.

Walt, you certainly are going through it mate, bloody "Blood Clot", I think the geezer you spoke to about travelling might just have been right, hit the nail on the head, regards the reason for it, socks to be worn mate, and you are in good hands with the QA, keep going with the blood thinners.

Mrs PY had her "Eye" appointment cancelled this week, Covid was the reason as she is top of the tree vulnerable.

As for you painting, it is in your own hands mate, happy decorating lol!

You have missed some great cricket!

Well I will get ready now to watch us on Spursplay, 12pm our time KO.

Have a great day all, if your out and about get the lotion on, its getting hotter!