Good Morning Thread | Page 529 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Does her approval mean your beer is on the NHS Walt? We wish!! Enjoy the sun and take it steady. We are spending a week in the New Forest, a town called Sway. Came down yesterday. Beautiful peaceful cottage. Pub in walking distance, happy wife, very relaxed. Have a good day all. I think I will!
54 , Watch out for them Ponies mate ! Sway is near Lymington , lovely part of the world . Have a great time .

Harping back to the discussion on speed and all of the speed junkies amongst us on here my son told me recently of some really surprise news. It seems that from July 2022 all European car manufacturers are having to put automatic speed limiters in their new cars to abide by EU law. This will also apply in the UK as manufacturers will not have 2 or more different set ups.
Whilst I can’t give chapter and verse these limiters will control in areas of speed limits and also linked to motorway overhead signs amongst several other uses when driving. Seems green requirements are the tail wagging the dog.

Harping back to the discussion on speed and all of the speed junkies amongst us on here my son told me recently of some really surprise news. It seems that from July 2022 all European car manufacturers are having to put automatic speed limiters in their new cars to abide by EU law. This will also apply in the UK as manufacturers will not have 2 or more different set ups.
Whilst I can’t give chapter and verse these limiters will control in areas of speed limits and also linked to motorway overhead signs amongst several other uses when driving. Seems green requirements are the tail wagging the dog.

Ha ha all you speed freaks can now sell your high performance machines.......they will be giveaway prices...my fart mobile has just gone up in price...seriously why have a top of the range motor which is restricted to what all cars can do...apart from the 'look at me' factor' what else does it offer if this is implemented...

For all you anti "speed freaks", me its only where safe and not endanger others, it is generally just your opinion, so effin what! lol!

Yes my Big truck is a V8, so what it doesn't hurt anyone its my choice of vehicle!

My Optician Daughter, visited us yesterday, normal Saturdays, she now works for a Company called "Wolf" and thus has a new Company car....All Electric Lexus, got to admit lovely looking vehicle, 2 boots lol!, but inside NOUT! cept for seats steering wheel and a huge computor screen, no dashboard as such, that does everything cept make a cuppa lol!, even her mobile phone is the key etc.

Um questions, where is all this Leccie power coming from? if as we keep being told we aint got enough Power Station's to run the country, what about the cost of new batteries? plus the main question...how do we dispose of them?

The future looking like Fcuk you Petrol Heads lol!

For all you anti "speed freaks", me its only where safe and not endanger others, it is generally just your opinion, so effin what! lol!

Yes my Big truck is a V8, so what it doesn't hurt anyone its my choice of vehicle!

My Optician Daughter, visited us yesterday, normal Saturdays, she now works for a Company called "Wolf" and thus has a new Company car....All Electric Lexus, got to admit lovely looking vehicle, 2 boots lol!, but inside NOUT! cept for seats steering wheel and a huge computor screen, no dashboard as such, that does everything cept make a cuppa lol!, even her mobile phone is the key etc.

Um questions, where is all this Leccie power coming from? if as we keep being told we aint got enough Power Station's to run the country, what about the cost of new batteries? plus the main question...how do we dispose of them?

That seems to be the forgotten aspect of the debate PY, we will end up having such a demand for electricity, with not enough supply, that this will push up not only the cost of owning electric vehicles but will also push up the cost of domestic bills as well as we move away from gas and become totally reliant on electricity in the home.

That seems to be the forgotten aspect of the debate PY, we will end up having such a demand for electricity, with not enough supply, that this will push up not only the cost of owning electric vehicles but will also push up the cost of domestic bills as well as we move away from gas and become totally reliant on electricity in the home.

No more farting then indoors oooerr:arrghh:

Yeah same problem here in the States. You see more and more electric vehicles....but honestly I don't see hardly any charging stations around. I think daily work driving it is ok since the range doesn't need to be high...and you can charge at home...but what about traveling. Sure you can go 300 ish miles on a charge but what happens when you need a recharge and you are somewhere there isn't any...LOL

Yep sticking to my car for now. I still think we are a true generation away from that technology really being mainstream.

Regards "charging stations" US, my Daughter showed me how she can tell the onboard Computor thingy me bob, where she is going and it will give her a map route with all the Tesla charging points on it, there seems to be loads of em.

Just realised, I said in my earlier post her new car was a Lexus, thats my oppo's, I was wrong! her new car is a Tesla, doh! age showing lol!

As a reference point, Hinkley Point C will provide low carbon electricity for 6 million UK homes. That is about 21% of the total homes in the UK.

This is also a good read - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...tish Energy Security,by 2030 being low carbon.

"The government’s British Energy Security Strategy sets out how Great Britain will accelerate the deployment of wind, new nuclear, solar and hydrogen, whilst supporting the production of domestic oil and gas in the nearer term – which could see 95% of electricity by 2030 being low carbon".

So my guess would be that it is now about execution of the government to ramp up the power. I'm guessing that will also cost us, the tax payers during the process.

As a reference point, Hinkley Point C will provide low carbon electricity for 6 million UK homes. That is about 21% of the total homes in the UK.

This is also a good read - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/major-acceleration-of-homegrown-power-in-britains-plan-for-greater-energy-independence#:~:text=The government's British Energy Security,by 2030 being low carbon.

"The government’s British Energy Security Strategy sets out how Great Britain will accelerate the deployment of wind, new nuclear, solar and hydrogen, whilst supporting the production of domestic oil and gas in the nearer term – which could see 95% of electricity by 2030 being low carbon".

So my guess would be that it is now about execution of the government to ramp up the power. I'm guessing that will also cost us, the tax payers during the process.
Yes but that 21% is is at the current consumption, consider how much more electricity will be needed to eventually replace all gas consumption in homes, and also to replace all fossil fuels driving motor vehicles! That 21% will suddenly look very meagre in terms of overall electricity required.

Just as an example, I currently consume around 2000kWH of electricity and 3000kWH of gas (and I'm a frugal user) then add in the electricity to charge an electric vehicle (0.2kWH per km av. x 16000km/yr (10000mi)) 3200kWH so my electricity requirement goes from 2000kWH per year to 8200kWH, that's a 4 fold increase.

Just as an example, I currently consume around 2000kWH of electricity and 3000kWH of gas (and I'm a frugal user) then add in the electricity to charge an electric vehicle (0.2kWH per km av. x 16000km/yr (10000mi)) 3200kWH so my electricity requirement goes from 2000kWH per year to 8200kWH, that's a 4 fold increase.

What is that in money ?

Yes but that 21% is is at the current consumption, consider how much more electricity will be needed to eventually replace all gas consumption in homes, and also to replace all fossil fuels driving motor vehicles! That 21% will suddenly look very meagre in terms of overall electricity required.

Are we sure that 21% wasn't an extrapolated number to when HP opens? I actually assumed it was, but you might be right and it is the current scenario.

Are we sure that 21% wasn't an extrapolated number to when HP opens? I actually assumed it was, but you might be right and it is the current scenario.
You're probably right, I think the original date for it to come online was 2025 but that's no doubt been pushed out now. We are going to have to hurry along an increase to our generating capability otherwise we'll end up rationing electricity!