Good Morning Thread | Page 532 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

I saw that BBC South started to broadcast the temperature in Fahrenheit the other day …….. 100 degrees is so much more dramatic than 39 * . What is the point !
I got so pissed off with every news bulletin harping on and on about the weather .
As Pompey said …. It’s summer …. It gets hot .
In the autumn , the leaves fall of the trees.
In winter it tends to get colder …
Spring is nice but it never gets mentioned , it’s not extreme enough .

For fuck sake , it’s the weather ,,, It’s been doing it’s own thing for quite a while .
I even saw a reporter wading through a stream ,with his trousers rolled up , to tell me there COULD be water shortages soon .
Not that there will be , there could be .
Well I kin know that . It is the same every summer . It tends not to rain as much at this time of year .
So I’ve decided to boycott the news …. Life is so much better without it .
If I find out anything it will be by accident, or that I’ve searched for it.

I know how hot it is when I get up .
I tend to think , “kin ell, it’s hot today “ or “ mmm it’s not as hot as yesterday “
And if I want to know exactly how hot it is ,

I look at a thermometer .

Radical or what .

If I sit in the garden and it gets too hot , I get out of the sun . I don’t need to be told that by the government and I certainly don’t go moaning to anyone at No 10 if I get sunburnt .
Great post the Walt, me! am the same, Nanny State pisses me off, oh don't forget "Bears shit in the Forests!" lol!

What has always bugged me is that the weather forecasters never inform and educate the public on what the Jet Stream is doing. In the UK, it is the single biggest influencer to what weather we have at any point in time. It is also the biggest reason why our weather is less predictable than other places in the world. That is because we can't accurately predict what the jet stream is going to do next.

It is also the reason why we can get some amazingly fast return journeys from the US in a plane.

muttley you put the "Jet Stream" in with "amazingly fast returns from the US in a plane" um todays lot then say 2+2 = 5, do todays lot understand what the "Jet Stream" actually is? weather wise or do they just think its that white cloud following a jet plane! lol!

muttley you put the "Jet Stream" in with "amazingly fast returns from the US in a plane" um todays lot then say 2+2 = 5, do todays lot understand what the "Jet Stream" actually is? weather wise or do they just think its that white cloud following a jet plane! lol!

lol - probably.

What used to bug me was when the airlines knew the jet stream was favourable and would give an amazing tail wind. I'd be sitting at a US airport in the late evening knowing damn well that the plane departure was delayed because they knew they could make the time up and tick their box. I obviously just wanted to get home after a tough week away on business.

lol - probably.

What used to bug me was when the airlines knew the jet stream was favourable and would give an amazing tail wind. I'd be sitting at a US airport in the late evening knowing damn well that the plane departure was delayed because they knew they could make the time up and tick their box. I obviously just wanted to get home after a tough week away on business.
Haha ditto that, always when I went to the USA with Mrs PY to get treatment.

What actually bugs me more bout the weather now, is the a mount of storms we, seem to get post September, you used to get one or two, I think last year we had 8.
With that said they had a mini ice age in the 1600s and there were no range rovers about in those days..
Does the earth just go thru phases, of hot and cold, or if we do pollute, can the earth eventually adjust by its, self.
There have been fossils of tropical plants found on the British Isles which proved we were a much warmer climate, at one time.
Countless volcanoes spewed smoky ichor into our atmosphere for millenia and the world still survived.
In short I dunno the damage, we are doing, but I will ere on the, side of caution when possible
What I do hate is pop stars, and Princes procrastinating to us whilst driving in a cortege of landrovers or taking private jets and helicopters for their holidays, but we the little people must cut back

Niall, Global Warming is Nature, always has always will!
Man is speeding it up! yes! we have to do our bit, somehow, but we will never stop Global Warming, full stop, its going to happen anyway.

When the Ice Age melted it was all the 4x4's fault lol! only saying.

Just finished avin a cuppa with Mrs PY and her Carer out in the garden, and the most amazing site occurred, a large Mummy Hawk brought her 4 nippers down out of the Huge Oak Tree behind us, to sit on my Aviary, birds inside doing their nut, we think she was teaching them, you get food here lol! Buntings etc at my bird food restaurant, they all sat there for about 5 mins then all flew back to the Oak tree, next one of the nipper's came out of the free fast as fcuk and hit a bunting, gone in a flash.
I think Mummy is/was a Red Kite, bigger than a Kestrel or Sparrow hawk, beautiful bird of prey! our one regret was none of us had our mobiles with us, shame really.

Nice one PY
We get a silvery hawk swoops down at the bird table now and again, probably a falcon, down the road just a bit a buzzard has posted himself on a telegraph pole, mind you it's near a lot of free range ckickens and this pheasant country.
Fekin 1000's of em round here.
But still nice to see. 😉🐦

Quite a few posts from various people start with a weather report.
It was the hottest day on record in the UK.
It came from North Africa.

The weather affects what we do so it's worth talking about.
If the weather is going to change short or long term its good to know about it.

It might be boring or taken for granted to some, but for various reasons, I need to know about the weather, short term more so.

A heat map comparison from 30 years ago for the world was on the news. It was over time, not a snapshot of this week. It showed temperatures have gone up. No reasons why, just fact.
If we know temps are going to increase we can react to it with technology etc. Air con in more homes and businesses, building techniques and design.

Thing is 30 years....even 150 years is a tiny miniscule snap shot of historical temps. Maybe every 500 years the average temp drops or rises by 5 degrees...who would know, as there are no records and there was no way thermometers back then. Climate change has been, and will continue to happen, without any help from us humans. Its simply weather. In Queensland, we were enjoying record cool temps whilst the UK was experiencing record high temps....weather, and not due to anything humans are doing.

Now watch all the brainwashed climate apologists crawl of of their holes.

Nice one PY
We get a silvery hawk swoops down at the bird table now and again, probably a falcon, down the road just a bit a buzzard has posted himself on a telegraph pole, mind you it's near a lot of free range ckickens and this pheasant country.
Fekin 1000's of em round here.
But still nice to see. 😉🐦
Niall, that "silvery hawk" am guessing could be a "Hobby" they fcuk off in the winter and return home around the spring time, the "Buzzard" you talk about was in decline in the British Isles many years ago until its reintroduction, now they are more common place, both beautiful Birds of Prey.

Niall, that "silvery hawk" am guessing could be a "Hobby" they fcuk off in the winter and return home around the spring time, the "Buzzard" you talk about was in decline in the British Isles many years ago until its reintroduction, now they are more common place, both beautiful Birds of Prey.
We had a buzzard just outside our kitchen window a while back , beautiful bird .!

Talking of flying things , five days we have had our Fly Papers hanging up , not one kin fly has gone near one ……they don’t seem to like them at all .
They like every other surface in our house … bastards !
According to the photo on the packaging , they can’t get enough of the stuff on the paper ! They were dying to get on it !
We hang them up and ……. Nuffink !

oh well .
Hope you are all ok , look after each other.

Thing is 30 years....even 150 years is a tiny miniscule snap shot of historical temps. Maybe every 500 years the average temp drops or rises by 5 degrees...who would know, as there are no records and there was no way thermometers back then. Climate change has been, and will continue to happen, without any help from us humans. Its simply weather. In Queensland, we were enjoying record cool temps whilst the UK was experiencing record high temps....weather, and not due to anything humans are doing.

Now watch all the brainwashed climate apologists crawl of of their holes.
Wonder what caused the Thames to regularly freeze over .? That wasn’t that long ago ,

Just finished avin a cuppa with Mrs PY and her Carer out in the garden, and the most amazing site occurred, a large Mummy Hawk brought her 4 nippers down out of the Huge Oak Tree behind us, to sit on my Aviary, birds inside doing their nut, we think she was teaching them, you get food here lol! Buntings etc at my bird food restaurant, they all sat there for about 5 mins then all flew back to the Oak tree, next one of the nipper's came out of the free fast as fcuk and hit a bunting, gone in a flash.
I think Mummy is/was a Red Kite, bigger than a Kestrel or Sparrow hawk, beautiful bird of prey! our one regret was none of us had our mobiles with us, shame really.

Yeah, probably a red kite. From memory they were introduced to the Chilterns originally around the Berks, Bucks, Ox area. I know my sister said she has started to see them down in Kent. My guess is that it won't be too long before you look up and they'll be everywhere, like they are in Berks. I can sit in my back garden and watch 5 or 6 of them circling.

Hey Greavsie! You're correct, however, the deal is that whatever you drive, you should always be looking out for the idiots ambling about. When you drive a performance car or something worth a bit of coin, then you're extra attentive behind the wheel, which makes for a better driver.

I've raced cars on track and on dirt, where the concentration is on another level, bordering on ridiculous. On the track, you must anticipate what the other drivers are thinking before they do it. I drive the same way on the road, regardless of what I'm driving.

What sort of Merc do you have? I love them!

A C class 3.5 litre now getting old ...top of the range in its day...most cars now have the guismos mine had but back then it was the cats whiskers!

Last edited:
Morning all, its pissing down, yes I said pissing down, this ere way, all dull but very warm, typical British summer lol!

That's the planned mowing of the lawn I had today gone kaput!

All my aviary birds are at the front having a shower, wings up, wont be there very long if mummy or nippers Red Kites make an appearance lol!
Muttley thanks for that info, regards the Red Kites, think from memory I read that somewhere, a nice jog from yourself, they truly are beautiful birds.

Walt I was accused of being an Ant murderer, your trying to get yourself a name killing Fly's lol!
Stick to spray mate, unfortunately we cannot, having an African Grey in the house stops us, he is 32 years old, hatched in 1990, he really is a character, swears like the proverbial trooper, spent a long time in our construction firms office.

Am off up to the Eville later, market n chores, wish me well in this dastardly weaver lol!

Have a goodun all, look after each and all.

Birdlife seems to be flourishing for some breeds now, I have buzzards that soar overhead regularly and a couple of days ago I had a green woodpecker on my lawn. That's the first one I have seen here in 20 odd years, great spotted have been regular visitors for years but never green before. It appeared to be an almost fully grown fledgling so we must have a nesting pair close by. Saw a wren yesterday too, haven't seen any around for 3 or 4 years so hopefully another good sign.

Morning all, its pissing down, yes I said pissing down, this ere way, all dull but very warm, typical British summer lol!

All my aviary birds are at the front having a shower, wings up, wont be there very long if mummy or nippers Red Kites make an appearance lol!
Muttley thanks for that info, regards the Red Kites, think from memory I read that somewhere, a nice jog from yourself, they truly are beautiful birds.

Walt I was accused of being an Ant murderer, your trying to get yourself a name killing Fly's lol!
Stick to spray mate, unfortunately we cannot, having an African Grey in the house stops us, he is 32 years old, hatched in 1990, he really is a character, swears like the proverbial trooper, spent a long time in our construction firms office.

Am off up to the Eville later, market n chores, wish me well in this dastardly weaver lol!

I had an African Grey when I was younger PY, left it with my mum when I married and moved out as she was so attached to it. Like yours, he could be an embarrassment when the vicar called! lol

The Birdman of Hayling Island....quite similar to Alcatraz !!