Good Morning Thread | Page 526 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Hi Gary
You should try Fermanagh, lovely lakes as well.
Great fishing aparrently.
Also the gate way to the Shannon, you can hire boat and do the lakes +the River beautiful.
Also easier to get to.
Tho' Kerry is nice too.

Morning all
Hi PY sorry bout the ants, no info, I don't know how to get rid.
Walt I had something similar on my legs, at least twice, a thing called Phlebitis, basically leg clots, I had to inject my stomach with "clexane" I think, don't envy you mate, really stingy 😞
On a brighter note, on a similar subject, my father in law has to wear surgical stockings.
My wife announced at the time, "Dad has to the nurse who puts the stockings on"
My kind a woman, was my retort 😉
On a sadder note
I got done for speeding today 44 mph in a 30mph
Bang to rights governor
Just didn't know the area quite right and thought the 30 sign was further into the town
Ahh Well £60.
Fekin peelers

That's 22 KPH over the limit Niall. A poultry $60 quid is ridiculous!

Here's what you'd cop in Queensland -
  • 21-30km/hr over limit - $646 and 4 demerit points (£368).
Here's the other fine brackets -

• 1-10km/hr* - $287 and 1 demerit point
  • 11-20km/hr* - $431 and 3 demerit points
  • 21-30km/hr - $646 and 4 demerit points
  • 31-40km/hr - $1078 and 6 demerit points
  • More than 40km/hr - $1653 + 8 demerit points and automatic 6-month licence suspension and possible loss of vehicle (Crushed).

That's 22 KPH over the limit Niall. A poultry $60 quid is ridiculous!

Here's what you'd cop in Queensland -
  • 21-30km/hr over limit - $646 and 4 demerit points (£368).
Here's the other fine brackets -

• 1-10km/hr* - $287 and 1 demerit point
  • 11-20km/hr* - $431 and 3 demerit points
  • 21-30km/hr - $646 and 4 demerit points
  • 31-40km/hr - $1078 and 6 demerit points
  • More than 40km/hr - $1653 + 8 demerit points and automatic 6-month licence suspension and possible loss of vehicle (Crushed).
Kim ell ! Bit harsh !
Can you explain the demerit points Hod , how do they work.
Can you also acquire merit points? .

Do they really do you for One Km over the limit . ?….. wow !
At least they seem to give us a ten percent leeway over the limit here , unless that is an urban myth .

Hi Gary
You should try Fermanagh, lovely lakes as well.
Great fishing aparrently.
Also the gate way to the Shannon, you can hire boat and do the lakes +the River beautiful.
Also easier to get to.
Tho' Kerry is nice too.
Never been to the north Niall other than a day trip to Derry. It's on my list of places to see. I've been on the Shannon a few times though. My mum was from a village just outside Sixmilebridge in County Clare and my dad from Limerick city, so I know the area fairly well.(y)

Kim ell ! Bit harsh !

At least they seem to give us a ten percent leeway over the limit here , unless that is an urban myth .
As I understand it the general rule was an allowance of 10% + 2 mph going back quite a few years, not sure if they would be so generous now. I think that was done to avoid any argument over being just marginally over. I believe that being caught at over 100 on a motorway is an automatic ban. Before the days of radar you could only be prosecuted if you were stopped by a car that had a certified speedometer, i.e. it was checked regularly for accuracy.

Kim ell ! Bit harsh !

Yes..it's harsh, but they need to rake in money somehow, and what easier way than to fine us motorists for the smallest infringement. Thing is, in Australia, we drive way more miles per year than just about any other country. Eg, I drive 650 miles (over 1000klms per week) and Mrs Hodd a little less, so we use more fuel, and clock up more miles on our vehicles and are exposed to way more speed cameras, mobile and hand held radars hiding behind trees and bus stops.
They've just introduced tougher penalties for mobile phone usage whilst behind the wheel, and have special cameras to detect this and seatbelt offences. The fines are $1078 ($615) and 4 demerit points.

The demerit points work this way;

Everyone on a Queensland Open Licence starts off with 0 points. With every infringement, the appropriate points are added to your licence and stay there for a period of 3 years. If and when your reach 12 points, your licence is cancelled. I'm currently at 6 points.

We are the most heavily policed state in Australia, and yes, you'll get pinged for going 1 kph over the limit, which is 0.62 MPH There is zero tolerance. People are losing their licence, and jobs every day, and consequently lose their homes and their capacity to earn an income is gone.

All these penalties and yet we still have thousands lose their lives on our roads each year. Oh, but these penalties are for road safety...my arse they are.

Nothing but revenue raising.

Yes..it's harsh, but they need to rake in money somehow, and what easier way than to fine us motorists for the smallest infringement. Thing is, in Australia, we drive way more miles per year than just about any other country. Eg, I drive 650 miles (over 1000klms per week) and Mrs Hodd a little less, so we use more fuel, and clock up more miles on our vehicles and are exposed to way more speed cameras, mobile and hand held radars hiding behind trees and bus stops.
They've just introduced tougher penalties for mobile phone usage whilst behind the wheel, and have special cameras to detect this and seatbelt offences. The fines are $1078 ($615) and 4 demerit points.

Everyone on a Queensland Open Licence starts off with 0 points. With every infringement, the appropriate points are added to your licence and stay there for a period of 3 years. If and when your reach 12 points, your licence is cancelled. I'm currently at 6 points.

We are the most heavily policed state in Australia, and yes, you'll get pinged for going 1 kph over the limit, which is 0.62 MPH There is zero tolerance. People are losing their licence, and jobs every day, and consequently lose their homes and their capacity to earn an income is gone.

All these penalties and yet we still have thousands lose their lives on our roads each year. Oh, but these penalties are for road safety...my arse they are.

Wow , just wow .
That is frightening .
I used to drive three to five hundred miles a week when I was at work , looking after contracts from Brighton to the east and Weymouth in the west and London in the north .
The advent of mobile phones made this worse . Pre mobiles , if there was a problem in one area , I wouldn’t get to know about it until the following day .
Moblle comes along and I’ve got no excuse but to drive sixty to seventy miles to sort it out that day .
I spent the last years of work driving whilst on the phone , hands free ,( as if that made any difference )
Luckily , I wasn’t working in Australia !!!!!!! I doubt if I would have had a job .
Does a licence get cancelled for a period of time , or permanently? After 12 points I think we get a ban of some sort .

Wow , just wow .
That is frightening .
I used to drive three to five hundred miles a week when I was at work , looking after contracts from Brighton to the east and Weymouth in the west and London in the north .
The advent of mobile phones made this worse . Pre mobiles , if there was a problem in one area , I wouldn’t get to know about it until the following day .
Moblle comes along and I’ve got no excuse but to drive sixty to seventy miles to sort it out that day .
I spent the last years of work driving whilst on the phone , hands free ,( as if that made any difference )
Luckily , I wasn’t working in Australia !!!!!!! I doubt if I would have had a job .
Does a licence get cancelled for a period of time , or permanently? After 12 points I think we get a ban of some sort .
Sounds like Aus has been influenced by the British system but tougher!

I don't envy your fuel bills mate. I'm spending over £400 a month at the moment doing around 350 miles a week. Not far off quarter of my wage ffs.

I don't envy your fuel bills mate. I'm spending over £400 a month at the moment doing around 350 miles a week. Not far off quarter of my wage ffs.

That's approx 30 p per mile. What car are you running. ? You need to add in servicing, insurance and road tax plus the cost of the vehicle purchase. Then you will have a true cost per mile. Its scary.

Fek me
What happens if you don't pay your TV Licenence in Aus?
They must hang you up by the thumbs, and beat you unconscious.
Shop lifting, chained to a wall for 40 years, good god.
BTW Happy Birthday Nick, ooops that was yesterday, for a change I'm too slow 😉

Nah all Australian convicts are now transported back to the UK ...now there's Karma ha ha

Morning all, looks like its gonna be another hot un!

Oh Yes! Ants Mass Murder 3, they are effin back, well on the outside sill of the Conservatory, they got a blasting of Water/Vinegar mixture, waiting again.

I know its hot! but my lawn is getting worse, the dead/drought looking area is spreading, though we give it a good watering every night, I said to Mrs PY last night, if this keeps up we will have no lawn by the end of the summer, she is not happy as she was always proud of our lawn.

Jesus Hod, read all your finings and things for Road/Car crimes, definately for financial gain there, but as somebody has already said, Australia has seemed to copy the British mode of using car drivers/road users as finance gainers only multiplied by tons.

Mrs PY has been again put onto the Top of the Tree warning list, regards the uplift in Covid cases, phone call every bloody five minutes, though some of them are heat related.

Try and have a good day all, look after each other.

That's approx 30 p per mile. What car are you running. ? You need to add in servicing, insurance and road tax plus the cost of the vehicle purchase. Then you will have a true cost per mile. Its scary.

Ford Focus. It's not the most economical car but have never had issues with it so have kept it. Yeah I have done that calculation and it is ridiculous. Hence why I borrow the wife's car a few times a week....

Mind you petrol is 1.92.9 in Cheddar. More expensive than Oxford.