Good Morning Thread | Page 523 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning all, beautiful sunny start to the day ere down Souff!

For all you who know things!

Mrs PY and myself have a problem inside our Conservatory, over the last couple of days we discovered loads of busy Ants in one area, well spayed...killing em, looked like a bloody battlefield of bodies, now getting my oppo, a Double Glazing exp', to have a look see with me, we came up with what maybe is the answer, "an Ants nest in the cavity wall underneath", so temporarily sealed under the inside sill, but my question is...any ideas how to get rid of the said nest?

Sitting on the patio yesterday afternoon, we noticed millions, slight exaggeration there, of Flying Ants on the outer sill, so hose out washed em away, what's that all about? with these Flyers.

Oh yes! Mrs PY has been put on special alert again because of the rise of Covid, she has an appointment at the QA next Wed, so daily testing has to start to all over again!

Have good sunny day all, cheers for now!

Getting rid of ants nests can be an interesting challenge. I can only speak of gardens and garden paths where the nests are underneath but I have found that ant powder laid around their access points to the nest works. The process is that the ants pick it up on their feet as the go into the nest and the powder then is shared amongst their opposite in the nest and they all die as a result! Job done. Hope it works for you Pompey!

Getting rid of ants nests can be an interesting challenge. I can only speak of gardens and garden paths where the nests are underneath but I have found that ant powder laid around their access points to the nest works. The process is that the ants pick it up on their feet as the go into the nest and the powder then is shared amongst their opposite in the nest and they all die as a result! Job done. Hope it works for you Pompey!
I never had you down as a murderer, 54. And a gleeful one at that!

Thanks 54, that's a good idea will give it a go, I think the entrance is under the exterior sill, so will join the murderer's anonymous club. lol!

Flying ants have been busier than the Spurs Doctors lately mate .
The best way to get rid of an ants nest is to disturb it .
any how , any way , with what ever .
You can buy a sonic thing , plug it in and they will fuck off…
Move the nest with a spade , same result ….
Ant killer all around the area will kill the nesting buggers. , boiling water doesn’t go down well with them either .

I’m at QA next Friday , tests continuing as to why I’ve got a blood clot in my leg . Spent all day there last weds, they couldn’t find a reason .
CT scan next . Very invasive … lovely people ! I won’t hear a word said against them .

Flying ants have been busier than the Spurs Doctors lately mate .
The best way to get rid of an ants nest is to disturb it .
any how , any way , with what ever .
You can buy a sonic thing , plug it in and they will fuck off…
Move the nest with a spade , same result ….
Ant killer all around the area will kill the nesting buggers. , boiling water doesn’t go down well with them either .

I’m at QA next Friday , tests continuing as to why I’ve got a blood clot in my leg . Spent all day there last weds, they couldn’t find a reason .
CT scan next . Very invasive … lovely people ! I won’t hear a word said against them .

All sound advice Walt.

Sorry to know of your blood clot. These things they can’t give a reason for can be quite concerning so I hope next Friday gives you peace of mind mate and can find the reasons that can then be successfully treated.

All sound advice Walt.

Sorry to know of your blood clot. These things they can’t give a reason for can be quite concerning so I hope next Friday gives you peace of mind mate and can find the reasons that can then be successfully treated.
Ta mate …..
So far I’ve had ,
Covid test ,
Blood tests x 3
Chest X-ray
Urine tests
CT scan
Push , poke -and jab tests .
blood pressure tests ,
And the only thing that is reasonably the culprit is a 4 hour flight to the Canaries in March .
hence a full body scan on Friday .
hey Ho !

Ta mate …..
So far I’ve had ,
Covid test ,
Blood tests x 3
Chest X-ray
Urine tests
CT scan
blood pressure tests ,
And the only thing that is reasonably the culprit is a 4 hour flight to the Canaries in March .
hey Ho !
You should wear stockings when you fly Walt, not only will they help prevent DVT they'll also give the other passengers a fecking good laugh! :giggle:

Ta mate …..
So far I’ve had ,
Covid test ,
Blood tests x 3
Chest X-ray
Urine tests
CT scan
blood pressure tests ,
hey Ho !
Have you told them it was your goal scoring leg? Thus the overwork over the years is causing the issues. They just need to analyse your chance conversion rate and they will get the answer I’m sure!!! It will be down to past excessive strain!

Ta mate …..
So far I’ve had ,
Covid test ,
Blood tests x 3
Chest X-ray
Urine tests
CT scan
blood pressure tests ,
hey Ho !
When did you do the laying of patio slabs. Quite labour intensive ?

Morning all
Hi PY sorry bout the ants, no info, I don't know how to get rid.
Walt I had something similar on my legs, at least twice, a thing called Phlebitis, basically leg clots, I had to inject my stomach with "clexane" I think, don't envy you mate, really stingy 😞
On a brighter note, on a similar subject, my father in law has to wear surgical stockings.
My wife announced at the time, "Dad has to the nurse who puts the stockings on"
My kind a woman, was my retort 😉
On a sadder note
I got done for speeding today 44 mph in a 30mph
Bang to rights governor
Just didn't know the area quite right and thought the 30 sign was further into the town
Ahh Well £60.
Fekin peelers

Morning all
Walt I had something similar on my legs, at least twice, a thing called Phlebitis, basically leg clots, I had to inject my stomach with "clexane" I think, don't envy you mate, really stingy 😞
On a brighter note, on a similar subject, my father in law has to wear surgical stockings.
On a sadder note
Bang to rights governor
Just didn't know the area quite right and thought the 30 sign was further into the town
Ahh Well £60.
Fekin peelers
Oh wow Niall, that's a right mixed bag of stuff! Not sure which is bad and which is good. lol

When did you do the laying of patio slabs. Quite labour intensive ?
Did the slabs about the same time to honest Nick ,,,,
I’ve been told off for not wearing the stockings by the people at the hospital . My wife wears them every time we fly .
And yes , 54 ,,it is on my sweet left peg , just above the knee .
I damaged that area last October when the swing my granddaughter was on hit the outside of that knee , I couldn’t walk for a month , but they said that won’t have caused it .
I only found out about it because my lower leg became swollen as I was walking about . It is fine when I get up in the morning , but as the day goes on it becomes swollen .
No pain , no inconvenience,
I’m on blood thinning tablets now , two a day . I was on four a day for a week . The course will take three months .
I can still fly , on holiday , if we can afford it and the airport workers can be bothered to move our cases ,
It’s just something that is a bit of a worry . They are determined to find something wrong with me , to find the cause of the clot .
Makes me so humble , they are wonderful people.

Morning all
On a sadder note
Bang to rights governor
Ahh Well £60.
Fekin peelers
Niall , I think the Phlebitis is painful isn’t it , I don’t have any pain at all , not even an ache .
Now a nurse who puts the stockings on !!!!!! The NHS just keeps on giving .

I had a lovely lady who did the scan on me to find the blod clot . She had one of those machines they use on pregnant women ,or something similar …. I was covered in gel , naked ,,while she poked and prodded everywhere with the camera thingy .
We became quite good friends !

Sorry to hear about your speeding fine , 44 is a bit over the top though , to be honest , I don’t know how you can afford to go that fast anymore ! …….I don’t venture much over twenty now !!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha .

was it a speed camera or a bloke hiding in the bushes ,,as they do around here …. I don’t mind the speed cameras , that’s your own fault , but when they set out out to trap you by hiding ,,,, I find that irritating .
They must know it’s an area where drivers are slightly over the limit , but instead of doing something to make drivers aware , they just put on the camouflage gear and rob you of your hard earned!
There is just no other reason why they are hiding .
if they put up great big flashing signs saying there is a police speed trap in the next two miles , that would make a big difference , but they don’t .

Hi Walt
Yep phlebitis is sore, it feels like your legs are going to burst out at the veins. But yep I had the knee socks on which relieved it somewhat
Re the speeding, It's not a road I'm on too often, but I thought the 30mph was further down the road into the village, the rest of the road is 60 mph, so in some ways under the limit, just not in the right place, I'm not a speed King, first time in 40 years of driving.
I'll take it on the chin (chins) and do the course.
Funnily enough I got a tax rebate last week, Mrs D said, wait to you see, we'll get a bill for something, Lo and behold, the old peeler in the bushes 🙄