Gone for a song vs Gone for a Burton | Page 5 | Vital Football

Gone for a song vs Gone for a Burton

I wouldn't write off Rochdale beating Wimbledon at all. I'm not even sure a Rochdale win could be considered a shock result tbh as Wimbledon despite their recent good form aren't exactly world beaters. But if you want to say it would be a shock we've seen much bigger shock results than that happen over the years and even this season - so I think it's not a banker.

I think that game is going to be decisive for everyone in the relegation battle and could go either way.

Rochdale are used to last minute runs of form, upsets and great escapes. Plenty of opposition fans in multiple seasons gone by wrote them off and yet they're still here. We obviously hope they won't do it this time but I think you can't underestimate the clubs survival instincts in these final 3 games.

It was a nervy anxious game which imo the players prob went into the game where they felt they didn't want to lose instead of going into the game with the confidence our last few games have brought. 1st 20/30 min was all Albion n we came into it in last 10 mins of 1st half with a more than deserved equaliser. 2nd half I thought we started the better side but let them grow into it....such a shame we couldn't convert the few chances we had but hopefully a point does us good n we don't have to go to last game of the season. If all us Latics fans are nervous as f@ck, god knows how the players are feeling....hopefully safe this time next Saturday if results go our way UTFT

MK Dons will roll right over for Rochdale on the last day if AFC Wimbledon could go down.

If Rochdale do win their last three that would be 19 points from a possible 21 out of their last seven games. I don’t think anyone could say that they don’t deserve it based on that. It’s going to be a nervous Tuesday night.

Can anyone see Cobblers beating both Cesspool and Black Cats which leaves Dale. MK still in with a play off shout and they are next up for Dale after the Wombles so they will be trying to win . I would rather be us than them.

If Rochdale drop any points now, a win against Swindon sees us safe.

We shouldn’t rely on other results - just keep focused and get all 6 of those remaining points if we can do that I believe we will stay up !

Two points dropped today and all down to one person, Jamie Jones.

New keeper required for next season, awful goalkeeping!

Shit ur a hard man to please....a very nervy game that we needed at least a point from n got so imo phewww n on to next game. The whole team imo was nervous as it's getting to that stage of the season hence we need to cut a bit of slack....u never know maybe by time we play Hull next Saturday we may well be safe.

Or you could say two points dropped due to that last minute miss by George Johnson who was also responsible for a misplaced back pass that nearly cost us an early goal due to his lack of awareness.
Not scapegoating Johnson just balancing the players responsibility.

Or you could say two points dropped due to that last minute miss by George Johnson who was also responsible for a misplaced back pass that nearly cost us an early goal due to his lack of awareness.
Not scapegoating Johnson just balancing the players responsibility.
He also gave away the free kick from which they scored.

I agree Sid ... no point slagging off one mistake and not others.

Oh, and I'd sign up Johnston in a heartbeat.

As you were. Unable to watch today but a decent point I think considering Burtons form. The fact no one won means it’s been a good day. All to play for - for all four of us fighting the drop. Picture should be clearer after tuesdays game.