Gone for a song vs Gone for a Burton | Page 10 | Vital Football

Gone for a song vs Gone for a Burton

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/wigan-athletic/

Please Note Some Changes have taken place in this Information.

Sky Bet League One

Wigan Athletic 2021 - Player Wages

Wigan Athletic have a total of 54 players in their home squad.
The highest earning player in the squad is
Gavin Massey earning £8,200 per week.

Wigan Athletic play in the Sky Bet League One,
the third division of mens professional football in England.

The teams total wage bill is:

£2,881,320 per year

£55,410 per week

I think you can knock twenty grand a week off that wage bill with players departures

UTFBT

youre at it now Hindley ....it was 73 ...and stopped us getting to the 74 WC....and Jamie was somewhat less at fault than the much lauded Shilton who should have stopped it .....mind you was it Norman Hunter who ballsed up on the half way line to give away possession ?

Anyroad my ‘50 year rule’ on that one is not up for 18 months and you’ve brought it all back.....again ! 😫😢😫😢

I'm pretty certain that site was discussed on here last year (or something similar) and the numbers were definitely made up as they didn't match the numbers we knew on top of not looking right.

I remember admin said at the start of the season that we had a cap that all new signings had to be on a max 1.5k, so the idea Tilt, Johnson and Garry Roberts were on over 3k is clearly made up. The idea we could afford to offer over 3k yet Tom James got £600 and Will Keane got £400 just seems completely illogical.

The site also doesn't seem to realise that all of our players took a near 50% pay cut after relegation, but that doesn't reflect in the previous numbers compared to this latest set. I'm sure they had Massey on 12k last time, so he wouldn't be getting 8-9k after relegation and the likes of Naismith, Evans, Jones were about the same in both lists, which again wouldn't be right.

I'm pretty sure this site is based on a fans guess rather than insider knowledge.