GB News Launching | Page 8 | Vital Football

GB News Launching

Oh hello, the pissing up the wall competition has started. First one to a 10 million subscribers channel wins :grinning:.

What I do find amusing is that such a small, unpopular and insignificant news channel is causing so much uproar and column inches amongst the progressives and their media/social net work outlets. Why could that be, it just doesn't make sense :unsure:

Oh hello, the pissing up the wall competition has started. First one to a 10 million subscribers channel wins :grinning:.

What I do find amusing is that such a small, unpopular and insignificant news channel is causing so much uproar and column inches amongst the progressives and their media/social net work outlets. Why could that be, it just doesn't make sense :unsure:

Well I've only heard of it on here really. Not seen anything else since just before it started.
And still not seen this weird channel.
Then again, there must be a hundred or more silly channels I've not seen.

Well I've only heard of it on here really. Not seen anything else since just before it started.
TBH you're not missing much. The only one worth watching was Michelle Dewberry and they cut her slot in half to put Farage on who has turned into a caricature of himself ranting on about stuff which is (quite frankly) pretty boring.

And on channels, given there is so little to watch on the proper channels, just how do several hundred channels manage to exist???
How about tv simply tries to make enough programmes to fill up the real channels firsr?

And on channels, given there is so little to watch on the proper channels, just how do several hundred channels manage to exist???

You have to bear in mind that lots of the several hundred channels fill their schedules up with programmes that have already been shown on the proper channels - in many cases years and years ago.

Somebody is telling porkies. Is it the progressives from 'Hate Not Hope' who set out to destroy the channel before it even aired, or is it delusional chutzpah from GB News itself?

All will play out in good time.

Is it the case that all american comedies are not actually comedies?
Are there any that can actually get a single laugh out of any of us?

Frasier was excellent, at times, as was its forerunner, Cheers.

M*A*S*H did drama better than comedy, but I enjoyed it as a not-veiled-at-all commentary on Vietnam.

Friends had its moments, but was hugely variable in quality and often very annoying.

Somebody is telling porkies. Is it the progressives from 'Hate Not Hope' who set out to destroy the channel before it even aired, or is it delusional chutzpah from GB News itself?

All will play out in good time.
Well there is a lot of talking down to the audience in that

I think you are confusing uproar with laughing at them

I think you are confusing uproar with laughing at them
There's always an alternative explanation; I should have seen that.

Although there must be something in the uproar bit as I see 'Hate Not Hope' or whatever they are called are under a cloud for abuse of their position as a CIC (Community Interest Company), whereby they have been using their charitable/trust status for political purposes to smear the channel :wagging: Apparently that's a bit of a no no.

Why would they do that, instead of laughing at such an insignificant media outlet ;)

Last edited:
There's always an alternative explanation; I should have seen that.

Although there must be something in the uproar bit as I see 'Hate Not Hope' or whatever they are called are under a cloud for abuse of their position as a CIC (Community Interest Company), whereby they have been abusing their charitable/trust status for political purposes to smear the channel.

Why would they do that, instead of laughing at such an insignificant media outlet ;)
I have little time for Hope not Hate. They are very selective about the type of Hate that bothers them.

When a Johnson crony gets this job, what will happen to GBeebie?
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...-leave-corporation?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
If the BBC performed it's publicly funded role in an even handed way there would be no call for platforms like GB News.

The reason why GB news exists is to provide a platform for discussion and news that the left leaning (imo) BBC ignore or disapprove of.

Likewise the BBC should not be supplanted with somebody who drags the BBC to an unbalanced position to the right.

Essentially the BBC should do what it is meant to do and provide unadulterated news from it's staff, with balanced discussion from guests providing the different perspectives.

If the BBC did that, there would be more respect for the organisation and less controversy about it's funding.