Gareth Bale - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Gareth Bale - Player Thread

I, like most Spurs fans, am delighted by the return of Bale. This team needs an injection of something special. The guy has insane quality.

However, in his last season at Spurs we were literally a one man team. Is there any concern from fans about his ability as a real team player. Obviously question marks over his fitness and motivation at this point in his career too.. I'm nervously excited I have to say. I suppose it's better than the distinct feeling of nothingness I've had since Mourinho took over.

I really hope we can get our most talented players (ndombele,Lo Celso,Kane,Son ,Bale) on the pitch at the same time and playing to their highest level. That could be special especially if we solidify the defensive structure of the team. Its the hope that kills you

I, like most Spurs fans, am delighted by the return of Bale. This team needs an injection of something special. The guy has insane quality.

However, in his last season at Spurs we were literally a one man team. Is there any concern from fans about his ability as a real team player. Obviously question marks over his fitness and motivation at this point in his career too.. I'm nervously excited I have to say. I suppose it's better than the distinct feeling of nothingness I've had since Mourinho took over.

I really hope we can get our most talented players (ndombele,Lo Celso,Kane,Son ,Bale) on the pitch at the same time and playing to their highest level. That could be special especially if we solidify the defensive structure of the team. Its the hope that kills you

Lets get some Gene Hunt enthusiasm around the place chaps. Stop being a bunch of ponces...To Do Is To Dare.....Fire up the Quattro (which is the marketing team at the club havn't yet thought of I need paying here and now)

There is no substitute for class, and Bale is class. Although his best years are behind him this is the most exciting signing Spurs have made for years. Disappointing that this only seems to be a one year arrangement currently, but presumably there will be options dependent on how it works out.

I haven't seen much of Bale these days. Does he still have that blistering pace?

I wouldn't be surprised if he played more central at times.

I haven't seen much of Bale these days. Does he still have that blistering pace?

I wouldn't be surprised if he played more central at times.

I think people forget what influence AVB had on Bale. He was the one that really moved him inside and let him use his influence around different areas of the pitch. When he went to RM that made it easier for him and Ronaldo to play around Benzema. AVB also encouraged him to use that pace in different areas of the pitch, mostly in a straight lines running through midfield.

Like you, I'm guessing the 31 year old Bale is different. Saying that, Vardy is 2 years older and still has that explosive pace. You never know !!!

Who are we selling to bring this ugly fuck back then?

I haven't forgotten him refusing to train with us to get his move.
It's a valid point. In the excitement of the last couple of days I had forgotten. But in the past, any time his name came up it was one reason why I didn't want him back.

My memory of it is slightly different from yours though. I don't think he refused to train to get his move. I think once the move was given the green light (behind the scenes) he concocted a series of injuries to prevent any injury that would scupper the move.

But today the circumstances are different from any previous season. And it's pragmatism over principle for me now so I hope the move gets done.

Hope has been killing me for the 40 years!

I think people forget what influence AVB had on Bale. He was the one that really moved him inside and let him use his influence around different areas of the pitch. When he went to RM that made it easier for him and Ronaldo to play around Benzema. AVB also encouraged him to use that pace in different areas of the pitch, mostly in a straight lines running through midfield.

Like you, I'm guessing the 31 year old Bale is different. Saying that, Vardy is 2 years older and still has that explosive pace. You never know !!!
AVB is doing well at Marseilles these days.

It's a valid point. In the excitement of the last couple of days I had forgotten. But in the past, any time his name came up it was one reason why I didn't want him back.

My memory of it is slightly different from yours though. I don't think he refused to train to get his move. I think once the move was given the green light (behind the scenes) he concocted a series of injuries to prevent any injury that would scupper the move.

But today the circumstances are different from any previous season. And it's pragmatism over principle for me now so I hope the move gets done.
I just remember him flouncing around up west in a pink tracksuit. Then he was gone. And the spending began...