Gareth Bale - Player Thread | Vital Football

Gareth Bale - Player Thread

Spursex

Alert Team
There is now a genuine belief that we can get a loan deal over the line.

However, lots of rumours that he has a long term knee issue.

Pleased or fed up?

Personally there are alot of if's involved here; IF he is fit, IF he can stop breaking down, IF he can regain his fitness in time to make a difference to us, and IF he can find some form....

Welcome home Gareth?

I hope we don't sign him as we will have another winger and one that will want ridiculous money. He is just not a Jose player he is not a worker anymore plus he doesn't breath football his mind is elsewhere most of the time. I like Bale but he is not for us.

As long as he's a fair weather golfer, we may get a full season out of him.

At the end of the day, adding a genuine goal threat at a half funded salary be OK by me. Should recover a lot of the outlay in shirt sales!.... remember that poster in Times Square?!

I hope we don't sign him as we will have another winger and one that will want ridiculous money. He is just not a Jose player he is not a worker anymore plus he doesn't breath football his mind is elsewhere most of the time. I like Bale but he is not for us.

spurious supposition.

If he wasn't going to bankrupt us, and we didnt have to send anyone the other way I would say yes.
I guess he would push for Sons spot. I wouldn't want Bergy to miss games though.

If he wasn't going to bankrupt us, and we didnt have to send anyone the other way I would say yes.
I guess he would push for Sons spot. I wouldn't want Bergy to miss games though.

Too much has been made of the money aspect of the Bale situation. It's just not that mathematically complicated. And no, its not gonna bankrupt spurs, in fact the net will be close to nothing.

Personally, I'd be happy. He'd be a lift for the club and fans. He will score and he will get assists. He will almost definitely spend time injured but even half of the games this season with Bale will be a boost.

Son/Berg depth on the LW and Bale/Lucas depth on the RW. What isnt to like about that?

Too much has been made of the money aspect of the Bale situation. It's just not that mathematically complicated. And no, its not gonna bankrupt spurs, in fact the net will be close to nothing.

I met in the dressing room as much as out of the bank account.
I dunno if him swinging in with his suntan and half a million a week would inspire or annoy the rest of the boys.
I dunno how these things work. Does 30k a week really care about what 130k a week is earing?

I met in the dressing room as much as out of the bank account.
I dunno if him swinging in with his suntan and half a million a week would inspire or annoy the rest of the boys.
I dunno how these things work. Does 30k a week really care about what 130k a week is earing?

I would expect a player like NDomb haulin 200k is a bit more of a potential issue than Bale at $anything$. One is an unproven pile of potential, the other is a World Class player sold for a world Record fee and has pocketed more trophies in the last 6 years than the spurs club itself in 30.

If he comes and he's shit, well.....

I would expect a player like NDomb haulin 200k is a bit more of a potential issue than Bale at $anything$. One is an unproven pile of potential, the other is a World Class player sold for a world Record fee and has pocketed more trophies in the last 6 years than the spurs club itself in 30.

If he comes and he's shit, well.....

Is N'dom on that much????

Isn't Bale just an average Joe that would blend into the background if he couldn't play football? I've always felt he needs a bit of a personality transplant but is a good guy at heart.

As I've repeated said here, his wages are DIABOLICAL.

Yes. fer fucks sake he is.

Jesus. I had no idea. I can't blame him for injury. I can't blame him for being young and needing support. He should bloody smile and try though.

Even bloody Barnett is talking this up now...

"Gareth still loves Spurs," his agent Jonathan Barnett told BBC Sport Wales. "It's where he wants to be."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54171049
If this is true.
And he wants to be at Tottenham..... I would say welcome back Gareth.
Hope you enjoyed your winners adventure. There is work to be done.
Same as I did with a certain Edward of Sheringham after his trip up north.

IF he comes which I still doubt then I see him coming as an AM more than a winger.

_______Kane
Son___Bale___Bergwijn

Or an attacking 3 of Bale, Son & Kane with Lo Celso, N'dombele & Hojberg behind them looks pretty good on paper.

Either way I would be seriously excited if he came.

Funny how I wasn’t that bothered about Bale returning yet here I am with a funny feeling in my balls with all the vibes I’m getting on Twitter!

Regardless of what's happened to him over the last year or 2 (his or RM's fault!?) I can't see how any Spurs fan cannot be excited by this signing.

Potentially it could be terrible but if it happens my god I'd be excited to begin with lol shame fans ain't in the stadium because it would give the fans a big lift which would also lift the players.