Gareth Bale - Player Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Gareth Bale - Player Thread

The problem is when I played and in my real life I have to be conservative with my opinions on here I don't. So I will keep saying what I feel at that moment. Until it gets to the stage I have nothing but crap to say then I will just stop.

Don't ever stop. Your perspective is always respected. :thumbup:

PJ his past doesn't matter, for many he is our last best worst hope.

Until that judgement is passed one way or another i.e silverware or P45, he will be a devisive figure - personally, I hate his character, but I'm praying it works and that means giving him time - how much is down to the chairman and Jose, as in this business results are everything.

I agree 100% pal but I just dislike everything about him. Everything he is doing at the club. I hope we win something because if we go the way I think we will it will take us years to get back to where we are. I thought once our stadium was built we would be up with the elite but we are not.
We are the only team in for Bale that always says a lot for me. Top teams are always looking for WC players but he is not that anymore. He has not got the passion anymore and that is putting other clubs of him but not us because levy is so desperate for his big gamble to work. I love Bale but anyone can see his passion for the game has dwindled. You don't risk playing time. When you are instructed by your physio just do exercises we give and then rest. You don't play golf as you have years to do that and your career is gone in a flash

Who are we selling to bring this ugly fuck back then?

I haven't forgotten him refusing to train with us to get his move.

I agree 100% pal but I just dislike everything about him. Everything he is doing at the club. I hope we win something because if we go the way I think we will it will take us years to get back to where we are. I thought once our stadium was built we would be up with the elite but we are not.
We are the only team in for Bale that always says a lot for me. Top teams are always looking for WC players but he is not that anymore. He has not got the passion anymore and that is putting other clubs of him but not us because levy is so desperate for his big gamble to work. I love Bale but anyone can see his passion for the game has dwindled. You don't risk playing time. When you are instructed by your physio just do exercises we give and then rest. You don't play golf as you have years to do that and your career is gone in a flash

2 things, first, as I understand it to be, the reason we were the only ones in for Bale, is simply because we were the only team he instructed his agent to speak to. I can't twist that around into a negative no matter how I try. Could even be that there was some tension between player & agent over the reps insistence that they consider other options.

And second, I owuld temper any opinions you have on Bale's fitness for the position, mentally or physically, until we get a chance to see him in action ourselves. The last seasons with Zidane at RM have been so fraught with problems, it'd be unfair to conclude anything about his intentions, desire, or ambition.

Like I said earlier, he's a definite upgrade on Lucas ya? And with the deal being structured the way it is, it's not a big net cost for us anyway.

Lastly, this is a quiet guy. Don't see him airing his shit in public like so many others. And his agent doesn't seem to be that kind either. So, impossible to draw a fair and accurate conclusion without proof in the eye.

2 things, first, as I understand it to be, the reason we were the only ones in for Bale, is simply because we were the only team he instructed his agent to speak to. I can't twist that around into a negative no matter how I try. Could even be that there was some tension between player & agent over the reps insistence that they consider other options.

And second, I owuld temper any opinions you have on Bale's fitness for the position, mentally or physically, until we get a chance to see him in action ourselves. The last seasons with Zidane at RM have been so fraught with problems, it'd be unfair to conclude anything about his intentions, desire, or ambition.

Like I said earlier, he's a definite upgrade on Lucas ya? And with the deal being structured the way it is, it's not a big net cost for us anyway.

Lastly, this is a quiet guy. Don't see him airing his shit in public like so many others. And his agent doesn't seem to be that kind either. So, impossible to draw a fair and accurate conclusion without proof in the eye.

Hear hear.

And second, I would temper any opinions you have on Bale's fitness for the position, mentally or physically, until we get a chance to see him in action ourselves. The last seasons with Zidane at RM have been so fraught with problems, it'd be unfair to conclude anything about his intentions, desire, or ambition.

The lift he is going to give Spurs players will supercharge them, and it might even stop Harry going.

“It’s great news for everyone involved. Gareth loves Spurs, it’s where he first showed the world what he can do,” Berbatov said (via The Sun).

“Bale is probably already texting Harry Kane and other Spurs players, chatting and looking forward to linking up. It’s so important to have people who have won trophies in your dressing room, whether they be players or managers.

“So can Mourinho and Bale instil that winning mentality at Spurs? Or will they be dragged down by the club? It’s going to be fascinating to find out.”

Well I guess Bale is better than Troy Deeney. LMFA.

I will be intrigued to see how Jose plays him. What position and will he be a regular?

Well I guess Bale is better than Troy Deeney. LMFA.

I will be intrigued to see how Jose plays him. What position and will he be a regular?

Fitness and form will dicate his use, I have a feeling he'll be used sparingly at first and after that it will be all about how our midfield behave as I think that's where the critical improvement must come from to accomodate a counter attacking player like Bale.

He most definitely is not . He is putting us on the map for playing the worst football in the league. We are easy to defend against and the once self proclaimed special one is not special anymore. As a player you are as good as your last game you must always keep you standards and improve as much as you can. Managers are the same but there are you are as good as your last job. Jose has been sacked from 3 clubs in a row. His past is there for everyone else to see but his present is know where near that standard. He is a bully that's what I was personally told. He picks and blames everyone else for his short comings and as I said when we signed him as manager he will fallout and pick on at least one player. Do far he has done 3 and the way he treated Sonny in all or nothing he could make that 5 pretty soon. Outdated self obsessed bully
Worst football in the league? Possession without goals isn't exciting. I actually prefer counter attacking football unless you have a completely dominant team (which we don't).

Easy to defend against? I think our record in closing the season out suggests otherwise. The record since Jose joined was good enough for top 4 apparently too. Seems like plenty of teams would say not so easy.

Jose has been sacked in his last 3 jobs? Practically all managers have been sacked in their last 3 jobs. The difference with Jose is he keeps getting offered jobs at really big clubs. Why is that? Because he wins things.

The way he deals with players clearly isn't sustainable but it doesn't have to be to work. He gets results and that's how he will be judged, not by a long term legacy. Thats why Levy has gone to him. He knows this isn't a long term deal, it's using the remnants of the great side we had a few years ago (arguably the best in the country) and actually winning something with them. Its a change of approach from Levy but if it works and we are sitting here with a trophy or 2 in a couple of years then surely it will have been worth it?

Trophies are literally the only thing missing from the Levy reign and now is time to start getting them. We have completed all the steps towards being the type of club that regularly competes. No excuses anymore.

Agreed. Dele has gone from being a starter on Sunday (and played in all the pre-seasons) to, a couple of days later, a player that Jose wants rid of. Hacks can seemingly write anything.

I've been saying this for years, that Dele does not lack ability. Like many players their mental strength is weak. We forget how young and inexperienced in life these kids are. I'm not sure if their individual managers coach them mentally, but if not, it's disgraceful and a waste of talent.

Oh, but you say his first touch is rubbish and he loses the ball easily...all that comes with a lack of self confidence and desire to drive and win.

We've seen what Dele can do...and Kane/Moura etc. They need mentoring big time to realise their potential, as does every player.

Jose does not have the personal skills or qualification for this nor did Poch.

I've been saying this for years, that Dele does not lack ability. Like many players their mental strength is weak. We forget how young and inexperienced in life these kids are. I'm not sure if their individual managers coach them mentally, but if not, it's disgraceful and a waste of talent.

Oh, but you say his first touch is rubbish and he loses the ball easily...all that comes with a lack of self confidence and desire to drive and win.

We've seen what Dele can do...and Kane/Moura etc. They need mentoring big time to realise their potential, as does every player.

Jose does not have the personal skills or qualification for this nor did Poch.
We also can't ignore his injury issues. 26 league games missed in the past two seasons affects fitness and can't be good for form. I don't think there is any one issue with Dele.

The problem is when I played and in my real life I have to be conservative with my opinions on here I don't. So I will keep saying what I feel at that moment. Until it gets to the stage I have nothing but crap to say then I will just stop.
I hear ya. Last thing we need is for this place to mirror real life where fear of expressing thoughts or opinions, no matter how rational or factual, is a very real thing. So rant on, PJ.