Football Media | Page 26 | Vital Football

Football Media

They want their Big Four back again and mentioning the Usurpers would inhibit that narrative
I am certain that when ADUG came in and ADUG frontman Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim has promised to turn City into a top-four club within three seasons. The Sky 4 treated it as a joke and not to be taken seriously, I think this was deliberate because had they mentioned Sheikh Mansour was the man behind it all, then it may have been a different story and we may never have got it off the ground and ever since... well you know the story as well as I do and we have not finished yet and winning the appeal was probably our best and most important victory last summer.

Enlightening - one of those articles where you find yourself nodding along thinking "yep, that feels about right". I wonder what the PGMOL will make of it :unsure:

i would like to see the stats at the end of the season rather than a third the way through, it should factor in covid in addition to no fans and the frequency of games, however I think we can agree that Liverpool did benefit from homer refs and a very intimidating home fans. We have not had that influence since we left Maine Road.

I think they found the same in Germany, didn't they?

Is anyone really surprised by this?

I think they do have an impact of the top Teams in the League, and it was noticeable at Yesterdays Derby, the lack of atmosphere that players feed off, I wish I could say that is the problem to City's goal drought but we were banging them in for fun the end of last season.

I think they do have an impact of the top Teams in the League, and it was noticeable at Yesterdays Derby, the lack of atmosphere that players feed off, I wish I could say that is the problem to City's goal drought but we were banging them in for fun the end of last season.
Will Pep buy in the window do you think?

I would doubt it. Not much value in the January window with top players involved in the Champions League still.

Will Pep buy in the window do you think?
Like Skoorb says, there is very little quality available at this time as the major clubs that have the decent players are still involved in European Competitions and they want them, we should be looking to secure SDummer targets early though

Like Skoorb says, there is very little quality available at this time as the major clubs that have the decent players are still involved in European Competitions and they want them, we should be looking to secure SDummer targets early though
Yes, I think you’re both right.
Shame, but there it is. This weird season is a write-off unless, of course, we win the CL. :cool:

I think it could be if he was played centrally.

I would take the Captainship off KDB, it does affect some players ability to play their natural game, I have seen it loads of times over the years I have watched City, I don't think Kevin is a natural leader in the VK4 bracket. I agree Phil Foden is wasted on the left and Mendy has become ineffective. but apart from that we played some good stuff at times but slow to get there

I would take the Captainship off KDB, it does affect some players ability to play their natural game, I have seen it loads of times over the years I have watched City, I don't think Kevin is a natural leader in the VK4 bracket. I agree Phil Foden is wasted on the left and Mendy has become ineffective. but apart from that we played some good stuff at times but slow to get there
I agree with both points. Much prefer having a CB as Captain - Dias might be an option as I believe he has demonstrated leadership since arriving. We need kdb to be free to concentrate on playing and he needs another creative foil to engineer the space he needs to operate.