Football Media | Page 24 | Vital Football

Football Media

On the face of it, I don't like the proposal, even though it is clearly in City's interests.
It has subtle wording, as they know if it didn't include us, we'd most likely vote against, and it also puts the likes of West Ham, Villa, and Newcastle in their 'place'.

Noticeable that the other four of the so called 'big six' were, it seems, not given a huge amount of notice, and there's a long piece about it in the Athletic.

The pompous self interest of the main protagonists is clear to see.

Haven't really read properly on this but it's interesting the support it seems to be getting from sections of the media, I'd wager had City proposed it it would be viewed very differently.

On the face of it, I don't like the proposal, even though it is clearly in City's interests.
It has subtle wording, as they know if it didn't include us, we'd most likely vote against, and it also puts the likes of West Ham, Villa, and Newcastle in their 'place'.

Noticeable that the other four of the so called 'big six' were, it seems, not given a huge amount of notice, and there's a long piece about it in the Athletic.

Seems like a power grab dressed up as an act of generosity to me. Not a fan.

I think beating Uefa has made them sit up and smell the coffee, they now know that we wont take anything lying down and will fight whatever the cost and i assume (correctly) that out of all those mentioned we are the only ones that don't carry a mountain of debt. and it is in their interests to include City as we have no intentions of going away, quite the contrary with another addition in the French leagues, so we are growing and in another decade we will be up there.

Reading the latest ‘for and against’ this proposal, I would bet my house that it won’t happen. Yes, the EFL would love it, but out of pure self-interest.
Ain’t gonna happen. Bookmark. 👍

Parry negotiated in secret with his pals at the dippers and JoMU. I think the EFL needs to be careful before they get into bed with these snakes. Interestingly that report makes no reference to the fact that two EFL clubs would be dumped from their leagues as a result. The PL would be reduced to 18......but the EFL would remain at 72........so two EFL clubs get sacrificed and would not get any of the loot.

Query........wondering whether should this discussion be moved out of the Football Media thread and into a new thread such as “The Future of Football” either in this forum (it does affect City) or in the Off Topic forum?

It is going to run as a story and probably deserves a separate conversatio?

Parry negotiated in secret with his pals at the dippers and JoMU. I think the EFL needs to be careful before they get into bed with these snakes. Interestingly that report makes no reference to the fact that two EFL clubs would be dumped from their leagues as a result. The PL would be reduced to 18......but the EFL would remain at 72........so two EFL clubs get sacrificed and would not get any of the loot.

Query........wondering whether should this discussion be moved out of the Football Media thread and into a new thread such as “The Future of Football” either in this forum (it does affect City) or in the Off Topic forum?

Agree Skoorb, and in case I balls it up (highly likely) I would be grateful if you or Buzz could do it.

As for City them must remember this lot wrote several letters trying to undermine City, so it is not the EFL who should be wary of these snakes.

The club have no issue with him expressing his opinion on any player's performance but felt that he stepped over the line with his 'idiot' comment.