Football Media | Page 27 | Vital Football

Football Media

Pep has it wrong IMO. It isn’t that these clubs failed to “act in the interests of their own players” ......it is that they feel that sticking with the current system is their best interests and works In their favour. in their views expanding to 5 subs would only benefit those clubs with ‘deeper’ squads like City, Dippers, JoMU.

Pep has it wrong IMO. It isn’t that these clubs failed to “act in the interests of their own players” ......it is that they feel that sticking with the current system is their best interests and works In their favour. in their views expanding to 5 subs would only benefit those clubs with ‘deeper’ squads like City, Dippers, JoMU.
The Big Clubs have enough advantages in any case and most have been playing European mid-week football for a long time. They use fatigue as one of their conga line of excuses when a game or 3 does not go their way.

The report is behind a pay wall only available if you subscribe. I don't but the headline was enough for me......

Once again the British media's desire to tear down success is prominent as the Brexit Loving Torygraph has another dig at that pesky foreign chap who has dared to show the Plucky Brits how "their" beautiful game can be played.......😡 Fancy this Spanish chappie coming here and getting the goalie to pass the ball out FROM DEFENSE.....and with their FEET!! Jolly chaps only supposed to be there to stop the round thingie going into the big net with their hands! What next? Full backs playing in midfield?! Outrageous.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/02/not-pep-guardiola-manchester-city/

The report is behind a pay wall only available if you subscribe. I don't but the headline was enough for me......

Once again the British media's desire to tear down success is prominent as the Brexit Loving Torygraph has another dig at that pesky foreign chap who has dared to show the Plucky Brits how "their" beautiful game can be played.......😡 Fancy this Spanish chappie coming here and getting the goalie to pass the ball out FROM DEFENSE.....and with their FEET!! Jolly chaps only supposed to be there to stop the round thingie going into the big net with their hands! What next? Full backs playing in midfield?! Outrageous.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/02/not-pep-guardiola-manchester-city/

There are many comments on this article, this from ''Big Blue'' is the most interesting for me.

Big Blue 3 Jan 2021 5:14PM

As a Pre-Covid regular attendee at The Etihad, I think that we have a number of problems.

1. We weren’t closing down quick enough in midfield and when combined with a high defensive line, this exposed us. Both the Spurs goals came from the pass from an opposition player in yards of space.

2. To counter this, Pep has played Fernandinho or Gundy alongside Rodri when perhaps the decision should be to drop Rodri or coach him better. This obviously affects our attacking midfield although our defence looks miles better. That’s an illusion. The defence hasn’t got better at all. It’s just protected better.

3. We break far too slow and the opposition are able to regroup with a flat back 10 whilst we p**s around passing the ball sideways

4. We’re missing David. When the opposition reduce the space between the defence and midfield it takes a special talent to be able to operate in that confined space.

5. We’re missing Aguero. I like Jesus as a second striker (not that Pep ever plays with one) but he’s not in the box often enough. He works very hard but so what?

6. We seem to think that winning corners is progress. Not for us it isn’t.

7. When there’s no way thru we need Sterling to get in the penalty area and dribble. It causes problems and disarray and will win us more pens.

Just my observations. What do other City fans think?

I think that is pretty much spot on especially with the reduced pressing, the failure to break quickly and the David Silva shaped hole in our midfield - his “eye of the needle” passing was so often the difference in breaking the narrow space in the final third.

I think that is pretty much spot on especially with the reduced pressing, the failure to break quickly and the David Silva shaped hole in our midfield - his “eye of the needle” passing was so often the difference in breaking the narrow space in the final third.
As Captain, Red Kev ran the coordination of the high press vs Chelsea, this was one of the keyes to our improved performance, we did rattle the Chelsea defence doing this.

No idea why, at 9.30pm, the BBC page claiming to offer the opportunity to ‘Rate the players: Southampton v Liverpool” ......the page offered two articles from 2018 - Wenger’s emotional farewell from Arsenal and a report on Chelsea 0 v Liverpool 1 from May that year.

Eer.....

Either incompetence or they don’t want people putting bad ratings for the dippers 🤣

No idea why, at 9.30pm, the BBC page claiming to offer the opportunity to ‘Rate the players: Southampton v Liverpool” ......the page offered two articles from 2018 - Wenger’s emotional farewell from Arsenal and a report on Chelsea 0 v Liverpool 1 from May that year.

Eer.....

Either incompetence or they don’t want people putting bad ratings for the dippers 🤣
The latter.

Mirror = sh*t stirring for one thing. No direct quotes. Quite sure the club will be very keen to secure his signature and will work this out.

Highest positive test results total ever in Premier League.....let’s see what the media make of this given how they so gleefully seemed to imply City were somehow at fault when the cancellation of the Everton game was the club’s fault.

Covid in England: Premier League sees number of positive tests double https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55540397

Eer.....

I had a look earlier on when it was up and running, none of the Liverpool players scored more than 4, I suspect the Beeb withdrew it on the ground it could offend someone and these are not a good idea anyway because they do not reflect a reasoned balance answer from a lot of biased fans and unbiased ones to boot, I am in one of those groups and regularly give nil points, nada, zilch, zero, dim, when scoring you know who

Highest positive test results total ever in Premier League.....let’s see what the media make of this given how they so gleefully seemed to imply City were somehow at fault when the cancellation of the Everton game was the club’s fault.

Covid in England: Premier League sees number of positive tests double https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55540397

So Mendy as Pep suggested was not the only one to break the rules, but the media deem is very appropriate to go after him , a fact I no longer find strange

I had a look earlier on when it was up and running, none of the Liverpool players scored more than 4, I suspect the Beeb withdrew it on the ground it could offend someone and these are not a good idea anyway because they do not reflect a reasoned balance answer from a lot of biased fans and unbiased ones to boot, I am in one of those groups and regularly give nil points, nada, zilch, zero, dim, when scoring you know who
They actually ran it but then pulled it? Well, that is interesting. As you say probably found the scores weren’t too jolly so someone deleted it.

So Mendy as Pep suggested was not the only one to break the rules, but the media deem is very appropriate to go after him , a fact I no longer find strange

They did report the Spurs players breach but there always seems to be an edge to any reports of wrongdoing by a City player.

Be interesting know if there are any JoMU players in that number.

Take this example from the BBC report on the multiple test results just released:-

“Manchester City's trip to Everton on 28 December was called off after full-back Kyle Walker and striker Gabriel Jesus tested positive.​

City's match at Chelsea on Sunday went ahead despite four more members of Pep Guardiola's squad - goalkeeper Ederson, defender Eric Garcia, forward Ferran Torres and midfielder Tommy Doyle - returning positive results.​

Two Fulham away matches were also postponed - at Tottenham on 30 December and Burnley on 3 January.​

Fulham said the matches were cancelled after a "significant number" of positive cases at the club.​

Last Tuesday, Sheffield United said they had recorded "a number" of positive tests but opted to play at Crystal Palace on Saturday with a depleted squad.”​
The only players named are those from Manchester City. This is simply not necessary. They could just use the numbers as they did for Fulham and Sheffield United.

But they chose not to.

Take this example from the BBC report on the multiple test results just released:-

“Manchester City's trip to Everton on 28 December was called off after full-back Kyle Walker and striker Gabriel Jesus tested positive.​

City's match at Chelsea on Sunday went ahead despite four more members of Pep Guardiola's squad - goalkeeper Ederson, defender Eric Garcia, forward Ferran Torres and midfielder Tommy Doyle - returning positive results.​

Two Fulham away matches were also postponed - at Tottenham on 30 December and Burnley on 3 January.​

Fulham said the matches were cancelled after a "significant number" of positive cases at the club.​

Last Tuesday, Sheffield United said they had recorded "a number" of positive tests but opted to play at Crystal Palace on Saturday with a depleted squad.”​
The only players named are those from Manchester City. This is simply not necessary. They could just use the numbers as they did for Fulham and Sheffield United.

But they chose not to.

The Agenda is strikingly obvious

And actually I have just realised that the report is wrong.

The Everton game was not called off solely because Walker and Jesus tested positive, as implied by their writing. It was called off because of additional positive tests among the players and support staff and the PL considered it too much of a risk as the full scale of the outbreak might not have been contained.

So the BBC description is BS and actually misrepresents the situation completely. 😡