Football Media 22/23 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Football Media 22/23

HAAD TO BELIEVE Man City’s £50m striker Erling Haaland completed just TWO passes in 4-0 Bournemouth thrashing – and one was a kick-off

Man City's £50m striker Erling Haaland completed just TWO passes in 4-0 Bournemouth thrashing - and one was a kick-off | The Sun

unbelievable Jeff!! I don't buy the Sun but I think if any City fan does then should stop
The amount of attention he attracted opened up the pitch for everyone else. I saw four players on him at times. You don't pass into a mob.

The amount of attention he attracted opened up the pitch for everyone else. I saw four players on him at times. You don't pass into a mob.
No ….and I predicted that despite the rags being humiliated SOME media types WOULD focus on Erling not scoring etc as a way of detracting from the result AND distracting from the rag‘s pathetic and abysmal performances.

#35 PMT

I just went to set my Sky box to record next Sundays match v Newcastle and was met with description.....".. meeting of two of world football's richest clubs .. ." and it reminded me that as the game approaches we can expect the media types to hype this aspect ad nauseam (as well as raising the issue of human rights etc).

:tank: Tin hats on.

Yes they'll find some way to spin it badly. Chelsea will be "investing in their squad" rather than "ruining football"

No mention of FFP anywhere, no-one questioning it, unlike a couple of seasons ago when City spent money on Jack grealish, it was all about where we got the money from even though we were not the top spenders and people say we are paranoid

No mention of FFP anywhere, no-one questioning it, unlike a couple of seasons ago when City spent money on Jack grealish, it was all about where we got the money from even though we were not the top spenders and people say we are paranoid
The silence over Chelsea’s splurge is deafening …..and telling.

Not quite football media, but Michael Vaughan, former England cricket captain, reflecting on England's first Test loss to South Africa.

The greatest teams in any sports - Man City, the All Blacks, whoever - generally attack. But there are times when it’s not their day and not their moment. But they find a way to stay in the game and do just enough. Whereas with this England style and approach, you worry that if they have a bad hour it could cost them the game.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/08/19/england-stupid-times-must-learn-adapt

Not quite football media, but Michael Vaughan, former England cricket captain, reflecting on England's first Test loss to South Africa.

The greatest teams in any sports - Man City, the All Blacks, whoever - generally attack. But there are times when it’s not their day and not their moment. But they find a way to stay in the game and do just enough. Whereas with this England style and approach, you worry that if they have a bad hour it could cost them the game.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/08/19/england-stupid-times-must-learn-adapt
Mr. Vaughan. :tophat:

He needs to get over himself, and I forecast he will again end up on the bench at Chelsea, more often than not.
He's seems determined to make everyone hate him, then he moans about how everyone picks on him and claims racism. What a collosal dickhead.