Football Media 22/23 | Page 18 | Vital Football

Football Media 22/23

Let us put it this way, if there were no soft goals in football and no mistakes hardly any goals would be scored at all, because somewhere in the course of all goals scored someone somewhere is at fault.

in the 93:20 documentary Joleon Lescott recalls shouting 'foul him foul him',
It would not be football or any sort of entertainment if there was no controversy, we complain bitterly about the clowns that referee a game and it is not as though we do not have the means to rectify this, we do.
A prime example yesterday was the Casemiro incident (I am not saying every foul should be reviewed, but there was a player down for over a minute and VAR could have simply said to the referee you got it wrong. Do you want to view it while the player is having treatment.
we talk of soft penalties, you cannot have a softer penalty than the Grealish one, but again if it is a foul and it is inside the penalty area, whether it is enough to take the player down is not the question, the criteria here is, would that be given as a foul if not in the area.

All the media talk about is investment and if the Glazers want to take money out of their club that is their right even though the club is up to its eyeballs in debt, I would advocate that what is wrong with an owner putting money into a club.

Fascinating. It is the eve of the new season. These incidents occurred nearly 2 months ago……and NOW it gets publicised? Are GMP as inefficient as their useless neighbours in Merseyside or has this request been made a while ago and only NW been chosen to be highlighted by the BBC.

If anyone did wrong they need to be caught and punished appropriately ….but I am finding the delay in this receiving publicity somewhat difficult to swallow.

Almost as if there has been no bad news about City in a while……dig something up would you Kevin? Couldn‘t possibly be a coincidence that this surfaces on the day the revelations about Chelsea and FFP breaches surface? :hmmm:

Fascinating. It is the eve of the new season. These incidents occurred nearly 2 months ago……and NOW it gets publicised? Are GMP as inefficient as their useless neighbours in Merseyside or has this request been made a while ago and only NW been chosen to be highlighted by the BBC.

If anyone did wrong they need to be caught and punished appropriately ….but I am finding the delay in this receiving publicity somewhat difficult to swallow.

Almost as if there has been no bad news about City in a while……dig something up would you Kevin? Couldn‘t possibly be a coincidence that this surfaces on the day the revelations about Chelsea and FFP breaches surface? :hmmm:
They are only highlighting this because it is City, It would still be buried if it was JoMU

They are only highlighting this because it is City, It would still be buried if it was JoMU
Indeed. I don’t seem to recall ANY return to the outcome of the stadium invasion which caused the postponement of the JoMU v LiverpoolTMFailed match a few season’s back. Conveniently posted into the media memory hole.

Would you have fancied taking on the current Manchester City team with Arsenal 03/04 and Chelsea 04/05?​

JL: “Of course, I think City are an amazing team but, physically, we were stronger. They have great pace, but we had great pace as well.”

PC: “I would definitely want to see that. To take these teams and put these teams against each other. It would be very interesting to see. What would happen on the pitch. The style of the football was different, but Arsenal were very technical and they were able to play fast, and they had a midfield with a real engine, and people who could kick as well, no problem.

“Chelsea had that, we had a huge engine in the middle of the pitch, so it would be really interesting to see how those teams would compete. It’s always difficult to predict what would happen and it would be very different styles, but it doesn’t mean it would give the advantage straight away to City.”

Jens Lehmann and Petr Cech