FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27 | Page 6 | Vital Football

FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27

Out of interest what would be an acceptable rise to everyone ?

They will go up so no point saying nothing etc.

IF Villa got Champions League football it may be so much more money the owner would reward the supporters with a no increase season however CL matches would be a premium price.

think it's 3k min for away fans and guidance that you should have 5% for general sales - so max would be ~37K.
don't think they want more season ticket holders tbh - £40 a pop or sell em for £60+ on general sale ? and they can easily sell those for a lot of the games
The old days of season ticket money being important and thus rewarding holders seem long gone hence any perks disappearing.
30K @ £700 is £21 mill - barely buy you a fullback
For those of us who cant have a season ticket, I seriously hope they don't increase the numbers allowed for them. It's difficult enough already buying a ticket on a match by match basis, especially if you want to sit with mates as most seem to be individual ones dotted about the stadium.
As for price increases, I've just paid £63 for the Wolves game in a stand that I didn't really want to sit in. If it gets to £70+ for a game I'm going to start struggling to justify it. I'm sure I'd still go occasionally, but its just too much IMO

Whatever inflation is I suppose, certainly no more. We keep getting told money through the turnstiles is irrelevant.

Last edited:
For those of us who cant have a season ticket, I seriously hope they don't increase the numbers allowed for them. It's difficult enough already buying a ticket on a match by match basis, especially if you want to sit with mates as most seem to be individual ones dotted about the stadium.
As for price increases, I've just paid £63 for the Wolves game in a stand that I didn't really want to sit in. If it gets to £70+ for a game I'm going to start struggling to justify it. I'm sure I'd still go occasionally, but its just too much IMO
Well if you had a season ticket you could sell so many back and it might work out cheaper than buying £63 tickets for X number of games.

IF Villa got Champions League football it may be so much more money the owner would reward the supporters with a no increase season however CL matches would be a premium price.
They won't get the premium price out of Villa fans for CL tickets on top of what we already shell out for 19 league games. Not many of us are made of money. The novelty will soon wear off except when we are playing Real Madrid etc

Well if you had a season ticket you could sell so many back and it might work out cheaper than buying £63 tickets for X number of games.
I shouldn’t have to. There are plenty of people who aren’t in a position to pay the cost of a season ticket, especially if they’ve got kids to take as well. The sooner we increase capacity at VP the better. Although this is probably going away from the point of this thread

Nope. We are assuming there will be a rise , but we'll have to wait to see what they say.

Need to be prepared though hence the question . Who knows though. We maybe surprised.
We should be feeding back that we want reductions in pricing given they've taken the piss the last 2 years . That way we might be lucky and get 0% / price freeze.
(I'm fully expecting them to go 6% in line with other clubs who've already announced that).

We should be feeding back that we want reductions in pricing given they've taken the piss the last 2 years . That way we might be lucky and get 0% / price freeze.
(I'm fully expecting them to go 6% in line with other clubs who've already announced that).
Inflation is 4% so anything more is a piss-take yet again. Eventually, they will force loyal fans to give up to be replaced by more wealthy fans who will disappear if we hit hard times again.

Returning your seat for games you can't attend doesn't stack up financially. You get back 80% of the ticket value. That is a disgrace, frankly.

The club will then sell the ticket at full value (plus booking fee and probably a transaction fee for good measure).

It's the one thing that really pisses me off about the club and the way it treats its supporters.

Returning your seat for games you can't attend doesn't stack up financially. You get back 80% of the ticket value. That is a disgrace, frankly.

The club will then sell the ticket at full value (plus booking fee and probably a transaction fee for good measure).

It's the one thing that really pisses me off about the club and the way it treats its supporters.

That’s if they even release the seats for sale in the first place. I’ve sold this year privately and got pretty much all the money back for it (£30 instead of £32). It’s a win win for both the buyer and seller.

Told by who? People on here mostly.
No, it's been mentioned in the media many times and by various clubs. There is also the German way of selling them cheap and stacking them high.
I don't know but £135 million from Sky a season and 30m in match day income suggests there is more money in TV rights than tickets, Increased ticket prices might bring in 5m extra, same shirt sponsorship, it probably doesn't even cover Coutihos wages. Getting money into the club I get but why it always has to be through the rank-and-file fans is short-sighted. Everyone has a figure in their heads they won't pay, If I didn't have a season ticket I'd bulk at £50 a game, even if I was working as that would be more than I earned for the time the game is on.

Certainly won’t be a reduction at Villa or any football club. But a freeze given how big the rises have been the last two years should be what’s demanded, some of us have had even bigger stealth rises than others.

What am expecting to see more and more in the future is the concessions being removed like at Spurs, once clubs see a club like that getting away with it they’ll all be at it. I feel Villa don’t seem to set the trend when it comes to this stuff, they follow what’s others do, hence all the benchmarking bollox they’ve come out with before. The Covid ticket refunds being another example, they were slow and appeared to wait to see what others did first.

Last edited:
No, it's been mentioned in the media many times and by various clubs. There is also the German way of selling them cheap and stacking them high.
I don't know but £135 million from Sky a season and 30m in match day income suggests there is more money in TV rights than, tickets Increased ticket prices might bring in 5m extra, same shirt sponsorship, it probably doesn't even cover Coutihos wages. Getting money into the club I get but why it always has to be through the rank-and-file fans is short-sighted. Everyone has a figure in their heads they won't pay, If I didn't have a season ticket I'd bulk at £50 a game, even if I was working as that would be more than I earned for the time the game is on.

There’s a comment further up by garygaryshaw, he’s paid £63 for the wolves game, no chance would I without the season ticket. It’s on tv as well.