FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27 | Vital Football

FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Right folks

Next FAB meeting is specifically about ticket prices.

I would welcome your feedback, comments, feel free to say (if it is the case, as some said in previous threads) if you have a) been tipped over the brink and had to stop going due to money (no other reason) b) are close to being tipped over.

NOT a thread for chat, banter, etc. Serious issue this one.

I fed back for the last two years, that prices shouldn't increase, as cost of living, problems after covid etc but they were forced on us - with little to no consultation (although Purslow WRONGLY used the FCG in the first years rises saying he had consulted. I made sure that didn't happen again, it was totally and utterly wrong)

So, they are now at least wanting to consult. Cynic in me says they've done this before. I don't want to consult, I want us to be listened to. We shall see.

I would imagine sirdennis will go in my place, as health is still meh.

The club have promised to consult on the ticket prices for next year as opposed to them being imposed on us by Purslow . They want ideas and suggestions (sensible of course) and the next informal meeting will be used solely to discuss pricing . The next meeting is on 20th March.

I'm not naive to think that there would be a drop across the board in prices. But after the recent increases we really shouldn't expect to see any price increase.

A way to 'stealth' decrease though would be an early bird discount maybe (Probably won't be favoured as when they did it that was very much we ain't gonna max out ST holders next season we need to make it an attractive thing. And we have shut half a stand aswell. We now evidently have a waiting list).

Maybe a longevity linked discount. Certain discount depending on years as a ST holder type thing.

Last edited:
Can we have reduced Child prices again in Zone 1 ? Why should a child pay full adult price for a match ticket !
Also when re-selling a ST back to the club why the exorbitant 20% cream off by the club , this should be removed or vastly reduced

The last two seasons rises have been a hell of a lot in a short space of time, more or less doubled for me as they got rid of the cheaper zones and early bird discount on top of the prices themselves. I wish the rises had been a bit more gradual over a few more seasons, I don’t think anyone would have been bothered by that. They don’t do the early bird discount anymore as they don’t need to encourage anyone to buy one but they could offer something like a loyalty discount, especially to those who’ve had them years… 5 years 5% and so on up to say a max of 10%. I used to like it in L8, it was cheap, it had a good bunch of people in there and the view was alright for what it cost. When they got rid of the cheaper zones it suddenly didn’t seem such good value so I moved to try and justify the extra cost. Such areas like that should be cheaper to reflect the lesser view, I have a much better view in L7 but the cost is the same and that’s not right.

I think it’s incredibly sad there’s fans who’ve been going many years and have been priced out because of such sharp rises, whatever success may or may not come will be a bit hollow if the ones who’ve been around for years aren’t there to witness it.

With regard to the question I’d say I’m close to being tipped over, not because I can’t afford it but I think it’s getting to the point where I just don’t think it’s worth the money, that could be applied to football generally. I don’t expect to see a decrease (Although would be great however small especially given latest TV deal) but I just hope they reign it in and stop being greedy, we’re not a London club and shouldn’t be charging anywhere them but we’re starting to get a bit too close (Although west ham do sell a £310 season ticket).

There must be many 100s in my position of being an OAP halfway through a season and having to pay full price for the whole of that season. I don't think this is right and tickets after your birthday should be at a reduced rate.
Getting an answer by email would also be nice, or even a reply.

I did point out about the last two increase last night and the general cost of living issues.

To be fair (and I know it's only words at the moment) there seemed a will to properly consult and listen , unlike Purslow who presented the previous prices as a fait accompli .

Discount based on length of time held is a good point and certainly the kind of initiative the club were asking us to come up with last night.

There must be many 100s in my position of being an OAP halfway through a season and having to pay full price for the whole of that season. I don't think this is right and tickets after your birthday should be at a reduced rate.
Getting an answer by email would also be nice, or even a reply.
Who did you e-mail ?

The last two seasons rises have been a hell of a lot in a short space of time, more or less doubled for me as they got rid of the cheaper zones and early bird discount on top of the prices themselves. I wish the rises had been a bit more gradual over a few more seasons, I don’t think anyone would have been bothered by that. They don’t do the early bird discount anymore as they don’t need to encourage anyone to buy one but they could offer something like a loyalty discount, especially to those who’ve had them years… 5 years 5% and so on up to say a max of 10%. I used to like it in L8, it was cheap, it had a good bunch of people in there and the view was alright for what it cost. When they got rid of the cheaper zones it suddenly didn’t seem such good value so I moved to try and justify the extra cost. Such areas like that should be cheaper to reflect the lesser view, I have a much better view in L7 but the cost is the same and that’s not right.

I think it’s incredibly sad there’s fans who’ve been going many years and have been priced out because of such sharp rises, whatever success may or may not come will be a bit hollow if the ones who’ve been around for years aren’t there to witness it.

With regard to the question I’d say I’m close to being tipped over, not because I can’t afford it but I think it’s getting to the point where I just don’t think it’s worth the money, that could be applied to football generally. I don’t expect to see a decrease (Although would be great however small especially given latest TV deal) but I just hope they reign it in and stop being greedy, we’re not a London club and shouldn’t be charging anywhere them but we’re starting to get a bit too close (Although west ham do sell a £310 season ticket).
To be fair to the club, our indifferent form ensured that We couldn't zap prices up. Our poor performances pressured the club to hold back on heavy price increases. Such caution eventually was to result in big ST price rises. We were victims of our own failure. Chicken and egg scenario? We want to dine at the top table but treat the Missus to lunch at Wetherspoons.

Who did you e-mail ?
Lynne O'Readon and her stand-in Dan Walker 2nd January neither bothered to reply. Pure ignorance or arrogance. They know they have a captive audience plus 30k on a waiting who will pay full price so they aren't going to be bothered about me. Until the going gets tough and the 30k disappears again that is.

Last edited:
Lynne O'Readon and her stand-in Dan Walker 2nd January neither bothered to reply. Pure ignorance or arrogance. They know they have a captive audience plus 30k on a waiting who will pay full price so they aren't going to be bothered about me. Until the going gets tough and the 30k disappears again that is.
Try Lee. He is the supporter liaison officer and deals with such queries and is a goodun.

Anyway fine people , we are veering away from the purpose of this thread which is to offer suggestions etc and not general talk about realated things.

Anyway fine people , we are veering away from the purpose of this thread which is to offer suggestions etc and not general talk about realated things.
We also have to be careful what we suggest mate. One "good idea "might end up with 100's of ST holders being moved for more corporate seats. I can see this happening, a bit of padding on the seats and we have another corporate area charging £100 a ticket. Those blue seats in the Trinity were empty against Chelsea in the cup but people lost those seats to these part-time business dreamers.
So lets not suggest anything that will raise costs to the ordinary fan, Nas and Wes aren't short of a few thousand quid

We also have to be careful what we suggest mate. One "good idea "might end up with 100's of ST holders being moved for more corporate seats. I can see this happening, a bit of padding on the seats and we have another corporate area charging £100 a ticket. Those blue seats in the Trinity were empty against Chelsea in the cup but people lost those seats to these part-time business dreamers.
So lets not suggest anything that will raise costs to the ordinary fan, Nas and Wes aren't short of a few thousand quid
Exactly . There is scope for some creative ideas that will minimise the increase (Ithink there will be one) and maybe reward long standing ST holders.

I think there will be more corporate areas as well (Not in the Holte) , but suggestions are also here to be discussed for viability etc.

it would be good if we did a Zone 4 again even if its just the back few rows of each stand and made the ST £300 and £100 kids . The game should be affordable to everyone. Don't Liverpool do £9 tickets , maybe not many but at least its something

it would be good if we did a Zone 4 again even if its just the back few rows of each stand and made the ST £300 and £100 kids . The game should be affordable to everyone. Don't Liverpool do £9 tickets , maybe not many but at least its something

There is a zone 4 but it’s 5 and 6 that were gotten rid of. Man City offer a £385 season ticket and Newcastle offer one around £480 I think so I don’t see why Villa can’t be somewhere close to them.

Liverpool’s offer is to locals, you have to have a certain post code. Again, something else Villa could offer.

There is a zone 4 but it’s 5 and 6 that were gotten rid of. Man City offer a £385 season ticket and Newcastle offer one around £480 I think so I don’t see why Villa can’t be somewhere close to them.

Liverpool’s offer is to locals, you have to have a certain post code. Again, something else Villa could offer.
ah i thought we only had zones 1/2/3 now , anyway a budget zone is what i was trying to say - available to anyone though

The disparity between matchday income between us and some others in the PL is a major problem in terms of turnover, so we need to bridge that gap. This shouldn't be to the detriment of the average fan who has been for years and years so where is this shortfall to be found.

Additional capacity would bring in extra income and they are already planning 3,000 new seats. Ultimately, the more corporate new seating that can be developed, the more that can be charged. It may mean that some existing punters have to move, but if you can get the package right, I'm sure the new, corporate types would be willing to shell out - this would not be to the detriment of the existing fan. 3,000 corporate tickets at £100 for 25 games equates to £7.5m (at £150 a ticket generate £11m +).

The Lower Grounds has been a right cock up from what I've heard on here, so what is happening at other clubs. Review every football club with decent matchday revenue that is a similar or bigger capacity than VP, steal the ideas that work and start to implement them.

In short, don't penalise existing fans, go after new affluent fans thereby keeping the atmosphere and the character of the club. We have 30,000 on the waiting list, I know a fair few and they're not short of a bob or two.