FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27 | Page 5 | Vital Football

FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27

Just amn aside, in the Villa shop on Tuesday.. Bought full Villa kit for Number 5 Grandson.. Presented S/T at Till to be told S/T discount is no more. Really makes one feel valued. Only been going to Villa Park since the 50s.
I think the ST discount in the shop went a few years ago now .

Just amn aside, in the Villa shop on Tuesday.. Bought full Villa kit for Number 5 Grandson.. Presented S/T at Till to be told S/T discount is no more. Really makes one feel valued. Only been going to Villa Park since the 50s.
Can’t remember when that went . Might even pre-date Wes and Nas?.

It’s poor isn’t it. Really not a big thing to offer that to ST holders at least .

Can’t remember when that went . Might even pre-date Wes and Nas?.

It’s poor isn’t it. Really not a big thing to offer that to ST holders at least .
Yes went several seasons ago, they have some sort of rewards system now that is more trouble than it is worth and more complicated than the FFP.

The only advantage to being a season ticket holder now is you get your seat every game, oh and you only have to pay £70 extra for the Lower Grounds :throw:

Yes went several seasons ago, they have some sort of rewards system now that is more trouble than it is worth and more complicated than the FFP.

The only advantage to being a season ticket holder now is you get your seat every game, oh and you only have to pay £70 extra for the Lower Grounds :throw:
Can't remember the last time I bought official merch direct from the club tbh. So it's not really an issue for me directly but wider its absolutely the least perk that could be introduced.

Can't remember the last time I bought official merch direct from the club tbh. So it's not really an issue for me directly but wider its absolutely the least perk that could be introduced.
I only buy a shirt when it's a tenner at the end of the season, so no it doesn't bother me that much. Plus I get given kit by the foundation for walking football. That will probably stop though with Heck in charge, they have already increased the subs we pay to play.

I only buy a shirt when it's a tenner at the end of the season, so no it doesn't bother me that much. Plus I get given kit by the foundation for walking football. That will probably stop though with Heck in charge, they have already increased the subs we pay to play.
Well the new soulless lego stadium where we can watch NFL aswell won't pay for itself mate. You need to do your bit

Well the new soulless lego stadium where we can watch NFL aswell won't pay for itself mate. You need to do your bit
I'm happy with the old Villa Park with its red bricks and mosaics, I'm not that fussed on half and half-scarf wearers who disappear as soon as the team aren't doing as well.

On another note, I think we shoud release another 5k Season Tickets to those who have attended x number of games over the last 3 seasons, not to those who have had their names on a list for the longest. If those sell out fast we can then look at increasing capacity and stabilising ticket prices.

I remember my Mom giving me the coach fair and admission money when I was 11 all 25p in today's money. 2s/6d to get in and the same for the coach oh and 6d for the programme. I can imagine a kid asking their Mom for £30+ to go to the Villa these days or even being allowed to go on their own

I first got a season ticket when they were £95 for juniors so naturally a few of us got them in the upper Holte, think it was 2002 so would’ve been 13/14. Had to save up the paper round money to do it though and the lads I went with were a couple of years older so my mom had no issues with it. She was a bit more concerned with me going to blues away as it was the first one in a long time that season.

I first got a season ticket when they were £95 for juniors so naturally a few of us got them in the upper Holte, think it was 2002 so would’ve been 13/14. Had to save up the paper round money to do it though and the lads I went with were a couple of years older so my mom had no issues with it. She was a bit more concerned with me going to blues away as it was the first one in a long time that season.
At 60 years of age I still get worried about going to Blues away.

I used to get my kids those , and mine was only £150 , Witton Upper block next to the away fans . This would be Lambert / McLeish era.
Very cheap then again the fayre on offer was dire

I'm happy with the old Villa Park with its red bricks and mosaics, I'm not that fussed on half and half-scarf wearers who disappear as soon as the team aren't doing as well.

On another note, I think we shoud release another 5k Season Tickets to those who have attended x number of games over the last 3 seasons, not to those who have had their names on a list for the longest. If those sell out fast we can then look at increasing capacity and stabilising ticket prices.
Stop this common sense Malarkey, Villan57.

It's also worth remembering that last years rise was presented to the meeting as a done deal by Purslow with no room for discussion. They went public with it 2 days later I think. Complete disrespect for the process by him , so the fact that we have got some room for discussion this time is progress (not saying they'll listen and it may be just paying lip service) but it's still a chance to offer some thoughts and feelings.

Yes, it was presented, not consulted.

And the year before the same, and then the swarmy git was telling all and sundry about the consultation group and that they had fully consulted. Obviously flack then started flying 'who are these idiots' etc. I made sure last year the same didn't happen and was clear, if it did I would be using my press contacts to correct them.

Can we ask the question of how many season tickets we can release? Is 30k the limit by the club or by some sort of FA/PL regulation? Surely the more ST holders we have makes it easier is to plan finances for the season or seasons ahead?

I don’t think we can sell any more. You need to keep a certain percentage of tickets available to people who can’t have a season ticket.

I'm going to ask the question though.
Thanks mate , it would be nice to know the real reason we have 30k on a list and only 30k ST holders. If we could release a few thousand more we might be able to gauge if the 30k are serious or just on a list so they can moan they can't get one.

think it's 3k min for away fans and guidance that you should have 5% for general sales - so max would be ~37K.
don't think they want more season ticket holders tbh - £40 a pop or sell em for £60+ on general sale ? and they can easily sell those for a lot of the games
The old days of season ticket money being important and thus rewarding holders seem long gone hence any perks disappearing.
30K @ £700 is £21 mill - barely buy you a fullback

Another 6% increase at Arsenal next season too I’ve read in the FSA email.
Same as Spurs then . I'm sure there's a bit of collusion between Prem clubs about what they can get away with and if they'd all do 5-7% then nobody is out of kilter. Robbing Wankers .