FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27 | Page 4 | Vital Football

FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27

I don’t believe this consultation is to make tickets more affordable, the club wants to make more money so this to me stinks of the club trying to understand how far they can push things and / or for ways to pass on price rises by stealth.

In terms of pricing ideas, I think the concept of GA+ (general admission plus benefits eg lower grounds, terrace view) makes a lot of sense but it shouldn’t come at the expense of “regular” fans either by severely reducing existing facilities or turfing out existing fans to make room.

I don’t believe this consultation is to make tickets more affordable, the club wants to make more money so this to me stinks of the club trying to understand how far they can push things and / or for ways to pass on price rises by stealth.

In terms of pricing ideas, I think the concept of GA+ (general admission plus benefits eg lower grounds, terrace view) makes a lot of sense but it shouldn’t come at the expense of “regular” fans either by severely reducing existing facilities or turfing out existing fans to make room.
How else will they make more GA+ areas though if corporate is already full ? I'm amazed the demand is there , guess the times have changed

Yes it’ll be more of a ‘do you prefer option A: 10% rise or B: 15% rise?’ Insert various bits into both options to make one more appealing than the other. It’s a consultation not negotiation after all.

Yes it’ll be more of a ‘do you prefer option A: 10% rise or B: 15% rise?’ Insert various bits into both options to make one more appealing than the other. It’s a consultation not negotiation after all.
They'll spin it like that yeah, like they're doing us all a favour

Sorry that is absolutely disgraceful. The OAP,s are probably long time fans and also not earning. That really is a new low for modern PL football. Yes I do have a vested interest.
Be typical for me i hit 66 last December, still have to pay full whack and next season will get the concession only to lose it before I even get it after 56 seasons of loyalty to the club

the pitiful thing about these rises etc is that a half decent commercial deal raises far more.
If the people paid to strike great deals for the club actually did a bit more of that then the marginal gains from ticket price rises would pale into insignificance - the on field success of Unai should make that a whole lot easier.

the pitiful thing about these rises etc is that a half decent commercial deal raises far more.
If the people paid to strike great deals for the club actually did a bit more of that then the marginal gains from ticket price rises would pale into insignificance - the on field success of Unai should make that a whole lot easier.
Yep we were or are constantly being told money through the turnstiles pales into insignificance compared to TV money etc yet we have the dearest ticket prices in Europe I believe, we being the PL

Can we raise the point that ticket prices are supposed to be small fry compared to big commercial deals? The end-of-the-day match-going fans spend enough already compared to the armchair fan. Without the atmosphere created by the match day fans, you have the COVID-19 situation of 20/21

How is a junior supposed to afford that? (Unless they’ve a rich mommy and daddy paying for it). I had to do a paper round to afford mine years ago.
I remember my Mom giving me the coach fair and admission money when I was 11 all 25p in today's money. 2s/6d to get in and the same for the coach oh and 6d for the programme. I can imagine a kid asking their Mom for £30+ to go to the Villa these days or even being allowed to go on their own