FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27 | Page 7 | Vital Football

FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27

There’s a comment further up by garygaryshaw, he’s paid £63 for the wolves game, no chance would I without the season ticket. It’s on tv as well.
No neither would I mate I'm on a quarter of the wages as an OAP I was on when working £63 to me now much as I love the Villa and they are my main hobby is almost a 1/3 of the week's pension, I can't see anyone on here paying a 30% of a weeks salary to watch a football game. It's turning into a sport for the Ruperts.

No neither would I mate I'm on a quarter of the wages as an OAP I was on when working £63 to me now much as I love the Villa and they are my main hobby is almost a 1/3 of the week's pension, I can't see anyone on here paying a 30% of a weeks salary to watch a football game. It's turning into a sport for the Ruperts.

It’s probably a much bigger percentage of what you have left once you take all your monthly expenses away. It’s a hobby and I like going but there’ll come a point where I think this just isn’t worth the cost anymore (Not so much about affordability).

It’s probably a much bigger percentage of what you have left once you take all your monthly expenses away. It’s a hobby and I like going but there’ll come a point where I think this just isn’t worth the cost anymore (Not so much about affordability).
I don't tell my Mrs how much my season ticket is that is for sure. When I was working, the last 20 years since the kids left home have been easy but before that, it was hard, Since retiring it's getting more and more difficult to justify it. We cut down to the bare bones now, one 13-year-old car from two newer cars ditched the static caravan, don't go out for meals very often, and don't go on holiday now. I don't drink or smoke anyway, so Villa is my only vice. My main priority which I'd kill for is my Grandchildren.

Some people have had much bigger increases as the rezoning hammered those in the lowest pricing zones.
The point about Villa following what others do is also spot on. I think they will be watching others applying 6% and will do the same or they'll do 5% and spin it as them doing us a favour.
Concession erosion has also started as you cant get kids or OAP tickets (or armed forces) in Zone 1 areas already.

Sorry, i need to continue the rant. My season ticket is now almost £900.
2 years ago it was less than £600. Cat A games by me are £68 a go, in a stand where its nigh on impossible to get any food or drink or take a piss . And if you do make it into the WC's after the queues you will be wading through piss and soggy soiled bog roll. We are treated worse than animals.
The KO times are all over the place and getting worse . Fair enough its for TV i get it. But then when i can't make a game i have to sell my ticket back to Villa and take a 20% haircut on a ticket they go on to re-sell at full price . Pure Greed.
I won't be renewing.

ticket revenue is less than 10% of our total revenue -
so whatever increase they come up with adds little overall
(10% increase would add 1% to our total revenue) - doesn't strike me as the most important area to go at to improve our overall revenue.
I'm sure there'll be a very good reason for whatever increase they've planned.

Sorry, i need to continue the rant. My season ticket is now almost £900.
2 years ago it was less than £600. Cat A games by me are £68 a go, in a stand where its nigh on impossible to get any food or drink or take a piss . And if you do make it into the WC's after the queues you will be wading through piss and soggy soiled bog roll. We are treated worse than animals.
The KO times are all over the place and getting worse . Fair enough its for TV i get it. But then when i can't make a game i have to sell my ticket back to Villa and take a 20% haircut on a ticket they go on to re-sell at full price . Pure Greed.
I won't be renewing.
Luckily you can afford food and drink at that price!

ticket revenue is less than 10% of our total revenue -
so whatever increase they come up with adds little overall
(10% increase would add 1% to our total revenue) - doesn't strike me as the most important area to go at to improve our overall revenue.
I'm sure there'll be a very good reason for whatever increase they've planned.
Yep Heck, and his team will keep their highly-paid jobs.

Yep Heck, and his team will keep their highly-paid jobs.
What I will say is that after last year a lot of the FAB memebers are up for a fight. Whether that will achieve anything we will se , but at least they are giving us the chance to state our collective case this year .

The meeting has been moved back a week to the 27th now as well.

What I will say is that after last year a lot of the FAB memebers are up for a fight. Whether that will achieve anything we will se , but at least they are giving us the chance to state our collective case this year .

The meeting has been moved back a week to the 27th now as well.
My Son said on Sunday I wonder why we haven't been told about season tickets yet, I said because they've not decided the price yet. I bet they have but are trying to blame it on FAB hence another week to come back with a way of telling you.
Its not a good look putting up prices because the team are doing well but they can get away with it more than they could when we have been struggling. They know they can sell out, They just don't know how much they can charge before the 30k says thanks but no thanks

I think this thread when it first started caused me to have a think about it going forward. It’s never going to go down in price unless the club’s progress does a total U turn in the next few years and prices have to drop to encourage people to keep going. I took a look down the road at WBA where it’s max £470 for an adult and an U17 can get a season ticket for £23! Parent and child for less than £500 is very, very good so fair play to them for that. 17-19 and 20-25 prices are pretty good too and encourage the younger, next generation of fans to attend. Now I know we’re in completely different places on the pitch but we weren’t a few years ago, just trying to highlight how football can be affordable rather than trying to fleece fans for what appears to be a tiny percentage of overall revenue.

What keeps you coming back is the FOMO, I know the year I drop the season ticket we’ll win the FA Cup or something and I won’t be there to see it, there’s also the potential champions league football next season. But I’ve been going alone for some time now and it’s starting to feel like more of a job than the nice, enjoyable social occasion it used to be. Literally go the game then go home. At the old prices that, the facilities (Which I never use anyway bar the toilets), the kick off times all over place didn’t bother me but when they’re (ST prices) going up at the rate they are and probably again in a couple of months it’s starts to make me think of whether it’s worth the cost. There’s also the waiting list, once you stop you won’t be getting one again any time soon.

Not that I'll be getting one anyway, unless I finally win the lottery, but I think they may be holding back on announcing season ticket prices for next season until they have a good idea of whether we'll be getting champions league football or not

So a bit of homework for anyone who is interested. If people are happy to put down the price increases they have suffered over the last two seasons and their category , then it will help us have a cross section of the rates they went up by to take with us to the meeting.

Thank you.

So a bit of homework for anyone who is interested. If people are happy to put down the price increases they have suffered over the last two seasons and their category , then it will help us have a cross section of the rates they went up by to take with us to the meeting.

Thank you.
Mine has gone from £615 to £667 to £775 so £160 in two seasons M2 cat2

edit 26% in two seasons

Last edited:
I’ll start from 2019 for some context…

2019 early bird price: £322 (Zone 6)
2021: £370 (Zone 6)
2022: £531 (Zone 4, zones 5 & 6 removed to ‘simplify’)
2023: £610 (Zone 4)

An almost £300 rise in just a few years discounting 2020. So I think roughly a 90% increase if I’ve got the maths right, madness.

2021 was sold to us as a price freeze when in fact it was still an increase for most of us renewing in March 2019 during the early bird window, I think that early bird window opened up before the 10 game winning run that lead to promotion. In other words I and many others bought the season ticket regardless of what division we would be in. It’s a shame this sort of loyalty isn’t noticed and appreciated.

Last edited:
Man City announced a rise yesterday, average of 5%, some will be more than that though. They do have some well priced tickets at £425 although limited, if I’ve read right they have something called ‘value gold’ where the club allocate a seat for you after renewal period, sounds a bit like hotel on arrival for a cheap holiday when I was young. If you’ve no preference where you sit and just want the best value it sounds like a good idea although I don’t think it’s anywhere in the stadium so not necessarily a lottery. Have also noted how many different prices and zones they appear to have, the Villa ‘simplifying’ the zones 2 years ago was just a load of bollox to extract more money out of us. On one hand I look at their prices and think they’re getting good value given they’ve won everything recently but on the other hand they’ve announced record profit/turnover recently too as well as the new tv deal so it’s a bit of a pointless increase.