F@@@ The Disabled | Page 37 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

In the end I decided to appeal the nil award on my toilet needs. I thought right you want to know all my toilet needs and the gross nitty gritty of them you will get them. Two and a half A4 pages on them to appeal it, as mandatory reconsideration didn't work, which I knew it wouldn't. Today I have the whole package of my assessment through with about a 100 and odd pages, of everything the assessor wrote down.

I am yet to go through it. The mere thought is giving me a stress attack. I won't be looking at it until after Tuesday when we have been to Jimmy' with Mr KK and know what is happening with treatment. I can't face this paperwork at the moment.

I at least did get an award of PIPS, so in comparison to Juan I did O.K.

And it continues

Sheila Holt: Woman ordered to find work while lying in coma dies aged 48

Sheila, described by her sister as “beautiful, gentle and kind-hearted”, ad been in a coma following a heart attack she suffered at a psychiatric unit

Last Monday, a woman called Sheila Holt died.

I first wrote about Sheila over a year ago. Since December 17 she had been in a coma following a heart attack she suffered at a psychiatric unit.

Sheila, described by her sister as “beautiful, gentle and kind-hearted”, had severe bipolar depression following childhood trauma.

She hadn’t worked for 27 years. But she was admitted to the unit after being pushed into the Government’s Work Programme – terrified that her benefits would be cut.

Sheila held on for these last 15 months, with her father Ken and sister Linda at her bedside.

But last week, the brain injury she sustained during her heart attack took her life. She was 48.

Cont: http://linkis.com/www.mirror.co.uk/new/ClQmz

:21: :21: :21: :21:

this country really is a miserable *****ing place these days. Too many bigots, too many people who don't care a jot about the old and the ill.

Glad there are still some of us good people around to try to fight the good fight though!

This is the problem at the moment. I hear many people want benefit cheats off esa and back at work. So many are taking the p out of us and I agree with that side of things. However the difficult part is coming up with a solution that can weed these people out without harming the genuine cases who really need the benefits. I don't have the answer.

Sasquatch - 3/11/2016 06:57

This is the problem at the moment. I hear many people want benefit cheats off esa and back at work. So many are taking the p out of us and I agree with that side of things. However the difficult part is coming up with a solution that can weed these people out without harming the genuine cases who really need the benefits. I don't have the answer.

Do you realise Sasquatch how many people are what you call benefit cheats? Do you know the numbers? Let me tell you it is approximately 0.07 % Yes you read that right. Less than 1%. The government know it and so do the media.

IBS (deliberate Freudian slip) and co. used the disabled and sick to further their agenda of cuts by feeding the media bullsh*t which the media were happy to oblige too, because of the sensational headlines they could make.

You see Sasquatch the government seen the disabled as an easy target, to claw back cash that their rich banker friends had fraudulently made, squandered and got away with.

Yes ofcourse there are some benefit cheat. 0.07% says how few. There are cheats in every walk of life from the bankers to the cowboys, those who scam people and more.

No that does not make it right, nor do I condone them. I will tell you this those of us who claim, or could some form of benefit hate the cheaters more than those who don't claim anything, because they give us all a bad name.

The majority of the benefit cheats are BTW single parents who claim to be living alone and aren't. People forget it isn't just disability: it is those who are single parents, on job seekers or/and income support who are the main culprits.

Technology has made it very difficult now for multiple claims by career criminals so that isn't a massive issues anymore.

The other problem is these idiots who go on shows like Benefit street. They are all so stereo-type and it makes people think that all on benefits are the same. Also these programs are about a few, not the majority. People forget that and perceive all the same

This subject is far more complex than just about wheedling a few benefit cheats out

Consent was manufactured for the war on the old and the disabled just like it was for Iraq and Libya. The MI5 guy came out saying that Putin was a direct threat to the UK the other day. It's madness and you should be able to able to see through their lies at this point but the majority reelected these ***** despite knowing what utter ***** they are.

The class war on society's most vulnerable is party and parcel of Tory policy. If you don't like it, don't vote for them.

Yup, I'd love to agree on that BB but unfortunately Labour started the process with ATOSSERS

The Fear - 4/11/2016 00:32

Yup, I'd love to agree on that BB but unfortunately Labour started the process with ATOSSERS

That's the thing, isn't it? Like Clinton and Trump, you get to choose between a rock and a hard place.

I'm not sure what the solution is but continually reelecting the blue liars and the red liars isn't it.

Ministers set to force work-related activity on everyone in ESA support group

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/ministers-set-to-force-work-related-activity-on-everyone-in-esa-support-group/

I would urge everyone who has a chronic illness or disability to respond to the government consultation:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/work-health-and-disability-improving-lives

They may well ignore the vast majority again, as they did with PIP, but if I don't respond then I can't really complain later.

Some of the accompanying rhetoric from Damian Green is concerning. I would support an expanded voluntary scheme for those in the ESA Support Group for those who feel able, but a mandatory scheme would be yet another low, imo, bearing in mind just how ill/disabled you have to be to get into this group.

In other related news, SNP MP Neil Gray (supported by MP's from several parties, including 4 Tories) has now secured a debate on the vicious, counter-productive ESA WRAG (for new claimants, post 4/17) cuts before the Autumn statement (confirmed on his twitter account) to try and delay this policy. This may be held on 17th Nov. I can't see the government changing their mind but, even if they do press ahead, hopefully it will create more publicity and embarrassment.

The world has gone to hell in a handcart: Have a read of this. Apart from the fact it is so ridiculous it just shows how crazy our politicians are getting. How many more people do they want to kill? It's scary and frightening as we know what this government is like. Support group exists for a reason

Government plans to make many ESA support group claimants undertake work-related activities

The government has launched a consultation on changes to the work capability assessment which they say is aimed at putting “an end to the binary ‘can work/can’t work’ groups.” One of the aims of the green paper appears to be to oblige many claimants in the support group to undertake work-related activities.

The government’s green paper proposes a number of measures, including:

a review of Statutory Sick Pay and GP fit notes to support workers back into their jobs faster, and for longer;
encouraging Jobcentre Plus work coaches to signpost claimants to therapy;
the launch of a consultation on Work Capability Assessment reform;
encouraging employers to work with their employees with long-term health conditions to stop them from falling out of work;
to extending fit notes from doctors to other healthcare professionals to help ensure people receive more tailored support;
developing large scale trials on how health-led services and support can help get disabled people and those with long-term conditions back into work – with a specific focus on mental health and musculoskeletal conditions;
a wide-ranging debate about recognising the value of work as a health outcome.

Cont: https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3568-government-plans-to-make-many-esa-support-group-claimants-undertake-work-related-activities

However in other news The U.N has found for the claimant and that disability rights have been broken by the government, Doubt it will make much difference as I dont know if they can enforce change. The damage done in some areas is irreversible

A UN inquiry has found that the UK government is guilty of “systematic violations” of the rights of disabled people. However, the government have already made it clear that they will not accept, or act upon, the findings.

The Committee on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities was asked by a number of UK-based disabled people’s organisations in 2013 to look at the effect of austerity and benefits cuts on disabled people.

The committee gathered written and oral evidence before writing a report and giving the UK government the opportunity to respond.

Cont: https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3570-un-accuses-uk-of-systematic-violations-of-disabled-people-s-rights?utm_

Ha, if you don't like the findings, just ignore them.

And we vote for these people!

In case anybody believes the government spin on how generous spending is, this is the latest OECD table (for 2013) for incapacity/disability spending (as a percentage of GDP). We are 19th of 33 countries and spend less than the OECD average:

https://data.oecd.org/socialexp/public-spending-on-incapacity.htm

Re the UN report, the UK signed up to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in 2007 so it is only right that we abide by its provisions. It takes into account the relative wealth of the signatory, so I am not surprised at the conclusions arrived at in the report.

I hope that the government act on the recommendations, but I have little doubt that they will not as they are too arrogant and lacking in compassion. The early signs with Damian Green (I am surprised it took the DWP so long to have a "Damian" at its helm!) are certainly not good when it comes to the welfare of chronically ill and disabled people.

On a separate note, I am happy for the Rutherfords and Carmichaels who won their cases in the Supreme Court this week re the "Bedroom Tax"/"RSRS". It is disgraceful, imo, that they were put through so much stress by the government.

Now isn't this a surprise! NOT! Wonder what they will make of Vital Villa on my list if they do look. It's only supposed to be used by fraud & error however............... fill the blanks in as you feel fit

DWP to have access to claimants internet history

The Investigatory Powers Bill, which is about to become law with virtually no opposition from MPs, gives a huge range of agencies, including the DWP, the right to see an individual’s entire internet browsing history.

Senior Executive Officers in Fraud and Error Services at the DWP will be able to see a list of every website claimants have visited in the past year, although the details will not include the individual pages that claimants have visited on a particular website.

Cont: https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3584-dwp-to-have-access-to-claimants-internet-history

Well as the headline of this says on FB, posted up by B & W:

When the UN question, states that we disagree with it's all over the news. Why isn't this?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Here is the article and link to B & W

Article first

Government refuses to accept austerity measures are breach of human rights

Exclusive: In a letter to the Equality and Human Rights Commission, Justice Minister Oliver Weald rejects UN concerns that welfare reform is worsening inequality in the UK

The Government has been accused of kicking UN concerns about its austerity policy “into the long grass” after it refused to accept the findings of a report that concluded its welfare reforms were a breach of human rights.

A letter from the Ministry of Justice to the head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), seen by The Independent, rejected the findings of a report by the UN’s Committee for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, which expressed “serious concerns” about Government policy. Ministers have refused to say what changes they plan to make in response to the criticisms.

The UNCESCR report, published in June 2016, said the regressive nature of welfare and justice reforms such as universal credit and the “bedroom tax” meant government policy was worsening inequality in the UK and that changes to the benefits system disproportionately affect women, young people, ethnic minorities and disabled people

Cont: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-accused-of-kicking-un-concerns-about-its-austerity-policy-into-the-long-grass-a7569761.html

................................................................................................................................

Benefit & Works is an independent legal firm who work for the services users and also supply services to welfare rights and agencies. Here is the link to them. You can sign up for the newsletter without paying a yearly fee which is very cheap anyway.

For those of you interested, Benefit & Works has a social media platform on Facebook and Twitter, as well as there website

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Why?

Most people don't care. They would if anything went wrong for them, but disability doesn't affect 'normal' people does it? They don't realise an awful lot of disabled people were 'normal' and developed the disability.

Just doesn't sell papers when they can ram trump and brexit on people.

Also perfectly illustrates what a weak opposition we have in Parliament.

The Fear - 16/2/2017 22:07

Also perfectly illustrates what a weak opposition we have in Parliament.

That's our biggest crisis really. Brexit? Meh, what will be will be.

But on Brexit, and everything else which affects us all, the lack of opposition to this heavily right-wing Tory government is appalling, and who knows what damage they will do.

Very scary times, more so than most people realise, especially with the Murdoch press, the Mail and the Express controlling the narrative. It's hard to keep up with the carnage being created while the mainstream media focus on Trump and Brexit.

Yet if the media used this properly it would be the type of headlines they want: You do occasionally get a headline about a soldier not getting his entitlement however as you said, they don't care. They have spent so long in the media demonising the sick and disabled they dont want to look stupid now running a campaign against it. It doesn't affect them does it, until it does affect them