F@@@ The Disabled | Page 35 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

Nice one Kef.

JF - you might remember me joking years ago about writing something about my nan's death - left in a corridor after a hip op with questionable anesthetics etc before IC - and the small paper I wrote for at the point, the Ed said 'that's one for the Sun - they have the money to fight the legals'.

One of the points in they argued at the coroner's hearing was she could walk from the house to the local cinema. 500 yards tops, she hadn't done it in years either but she forced herself despite the pain.

In later years she persisted in walking 300 yards to our house and was fucked for the first 30 minutes but she refused the lift back until the final year when it was too much.

I helped walk her back before she accepted the lifts, I was always gone for more than an hour - 300 yards.

It's why I don't watch stuff like that or even Question Time now - it'll put me in an early grave or on death row, one of the two.

Yes, I remember it well mate.

As you know, I push this knackered body to the limits as well, I annoy my mom something rotten as she just worries as she's seen me in my falling over, not able to get up worst, but feck it, I will push until the day I die, it's just my nature.

If I wasn't 'lucky' enough to have been able to slot into this company, I would still want to be pushing myself, I'd then not fit the narrow view they have of what is disabled despite my very long medical record and I have no idea what I would do.

It is a frightening thought, going out 9-5 would be impossible for me, no job could fit around how my health is up and down, how my memory is there one minute, gone the next (read the same for energy, read the same for neurophathic pain, same for confusion etc)

Basically they are killing/stressing/breaking the hearts people for no gain

Yup, the vast majority will push one way or another won't they - whatever that push might be on them.

The tiny % who won't and are scroungers in life one way or another are blown up by the media, when the truth is far less newsworthy.

But in the search for for the 2% they are hitting a good 50% (even being nice to them!) in the process and actually pissing on the very idea of a safety net.

The idea of individual assessments I agree with, but they should be individual not tick box bureaucratic bullshit and there should be a balance 'to help' not force.

With that should be stronger punishments for those taking the piss, but when MP's can get off with fraud effectively what hope is there.

It is fun looking back though on us two isn't it, you didn't want sympathy, I wasn't going to give any - job done - it worked lol

If two twats like us can work out that approach, why can't others who are supposedly clever, and then find that balance that allows those who want to push to have the chance to - but without the BS orders etc.

As you say you can't do 9-5, plenty can't, so help them find something that suits, that boosts them personally in the process.

It would probably cost less in my humble than the BS we currently have, but it needs somebody from 'letter/meeting one' to do more than try and check boxes and get the meeting over with as quick as they can.

Most disabilities aren't visable I don't think JPA. Here's another for you and my favourite. Yes I have responded with this. You should have seen the look on their face. It was priceless :15:

Attachments

• I dont look disabled.jpg
    I dont look disabled.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
I've seen a similar one before. One of my son's has Asperger's, and the one I saw was along the lines of "Your son doesn't look autistic." "Well, you don't look like an idiot, but here we are...." :17:

JuanPabloAngel - 17/5/2016 16:06

I've seen a similar one before. One of my son's has Asperger's, and the one I saw was along the lines of "Your son doesn't look autistic." "Well, you don't look like an idiot, but here we are...." :17:

LOL love it JPA :1: :1: :1:

Please can you sign this. The government will respond if we can get over 10 k signatures. At a 100k it goes to consideration for debate it parliament. Every signature counts. Oh and please share on on any social media sites you frequent and to anyone who you think will sign it

Petition

To examine the DWP, ATOS & Maximus's culpability for deaths of benefit claimants

There's been a marked increase in the number of deaths & suicides of claimants recently found "fit for work" by work capability assessments, possibly implying those benefits entitlements were removed hastily and that the DWP, ATOS & Maximus failed in its duty of care to vulnerable benefit claimants.

Cont: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114744

Here is a dissection of the much awaited report that the DWP didn't want to release and at first denied existed. Many legal challenges lay ahead.

Here is 1 of the reports on it so far. BTW no still no word from the DWP on my PIPS assessment.

>.........................................................

Why claimants died - the 49 peer reviews

The DWP finally released very heavily redacted versions of the 49 peer reviews into claimant deaths last week. They show that the DWP repeatedly failed to act on warnings that vulnerable claimants were not being identified or supported. They also show that the six point plan for claimants at risk of suicide was not being followed. The inescapable conclusion is that the DWP was putting targets before lives in the rush to push claimants off incapacity benefit (IB) and onto employment and support allowance (ESA).

Cont: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3508-why-claimants-died-the-49-peer-reviews

Arseholes! Layer after layer of hoops to jump through and endless forms, followed by endless appeals, followed by months of waiting on/below the breadline while faceless suits decide if you can afford to pay your bills or eat for the foreseeable future, they produce an anger in me that I have spent a lifetime controlling, the I'm alright Jack society is running riot, rant over, for now

I know Juan, oh I know. I have to keep an eye on my anger, as it is no good for me and those faceless b*stards don't know and don't care how much they p*ss me off so my way of dealing is helping others with the forms and paraphernalia that comes with having having to be involved in a system that stinks.

I am pleased to announce though that the 1st appeal submission for PIPS I have done was won yesterday by the person I did it for.

The only way I channel my anger with them is to help others with the problems who I believe need help. No way I would help anyone who I believe is swinging it though those are few and far between, contrary to what the government propaganda spiels out to the media who love to fill there slots with sensationalist rubbish

Well it's took nearly five years but finally I have been awarded my PIP must admit the guy who did my assessment from Atos this time was actually a medical professional unlike the young lad who had to be chaperoned by two women who assessed me last time.

gator - 8/6/2016 09:33

Well it's took nearly five years but finally I have been awarded my PIP must admit the guy who did my assessment from Atos this time was actually a medical professional unlike the young lad who had to be chaperoned by two women who assessed me last time.

Well done Gator. Glad to hear it. 62% of PIPS appeals are overturned at appeal which is a heck of alot of fcuking up the DWP do

Yeah cheers KK amazing when I think it took 18 months to knock me back last time then another 3 months for my appeal be turned down by one point but this time the whole process has only took just over three months just all bollocks aint it.
Oh and good luck with yours.

‘Wake up!’ Baroness Campbell’s plea to disabled people over EU referendum apathy

.................................................................................................................

A leading peer has told disabled people to “wake up” to the reality that they could lose many of their hard-won rights if the UK votes to leave the European Union (EU) later this month.

In an impassioned plea, Baroness [Jane] Campbell begged other disabled people not to abandon the EU, which she said acted as a “double lock” on disability rights.

She told Disability News Service (DNS): “At the moment, our rights are double-locked. If we leave the EU we can kiss goodbye to all the progress we have made on independent living, employment rights and access to information.”

She was speaking after a seminar

Cont: http://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2016/06/wake-up-baroness-campbells-plea-to-disabled-people-over-eu-referendum-apathy/?utm

I have had my reply from The DWP about my transfer from DLA to PIPS. I am relieved to say I have been transferred and whilst 1 of my rates has gone down I am not as down as I was afraid I was going to be. The amount I am down is manageable. I am looking at the law side of it to see if it is worth appealing.

It is one area of the law that The DWP/PIPS seems to be making mistakes in alot and that is to do with toilet needs. I think the area is to do with them removing the night rate from PIPS and removing the problems with going to the toilet with issues of mobility.

A thorough look at in law this week regarding toilet needs is what I will be looking at. Toilet needs is the only area I am unhappy with. I am not going to appeal unless I am absolutely sure in law they are wrong. I dont want a just maybe/maybe not.

I am not putting myself through that. On the whole I am happy enough. Just the 1 area I want to address.

Remember all reading that 62% of appeals are awarded in the claimant favour so it is always worth appealing if you get no award

Juan and co: this will be useful for you to fill in re your experiences with PIPS for a second independent review

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/536899/pip-second-independent-review-call-for-evidence.pdf