Ex-Millers on the move | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ex-Millers on the move

Think he was bogged down with injury problems last season . We did well to sign him when he had a relatively injury-free run. Appeared as sub on 80 mins for Plymouth yesterday.

Last edited:
Perhaps you are right about Agard, Mike.

Yes, Sixpence I saw that too! Maybe they like 'keepers who wander around the box taking their time even when their team is losing!

So out of our five loan players from last season in the Championship , two have now dropped down to L1 on new loans, two have left the UK altogether after being released by their clubs! Only Ryan Giles is still playing in the Championship, on a new loan to Cardiff City. Leads me to the conclusion that the RUFC recruitment team didn't do a very good job last season regarding the standard of player that was needed. Let's hope that they have got it right this time around, although it's a bit too late in a way.

Watched the football highlights of L1/L2 yesterday . I was amazed that even the most lowly club seemed to have great players on loan from the Premier League. I'm not sure what it is about RUFC that makes it so difficult for us to attract that kind of talent. It can't just be money, as a lot of those clubs will be able to afford far less than us.

Last edited:
I actually think our recruitment this time will prove to be good. Already Rathbone has proved his weight in in gold and Bola seems to be coming good now we've got him up to speed. And I actually think once Will Grigg finds his scoring boots he will be a big asset. Then again, I have been wrong before.

One that we misseed over the summer ...
Anthony Wordsworth - Barnet to Waterford (Rep. Ireland)
(In July he joined the club that Greg Halford is now with)

Last edited:
06/11/21
Don't know where he is moving to (if anywhere), but Neil Warnock has just stepped down as manager at Midlesboro' by "mutual consent". Rumours that he could be replaced by another ex-Miller, Chris Wilder.

07/11/21
TalkSport Radio - Chris Wilder has been appointed as the new Middlesboro' manager

Last edited:
10/11/21

Ryan Cresswell has moved from his role at Parkgate FC (player/coach) to a new job as first team manager at Sheffield FC. He has just been interviewed on Radio Sheffield. Ex-Miller Jamie Yates is also still on the books of Sheffield FC as player/coach. Think Jamie Green, Marc Newsham and ex-Millers Academy player Jacques Etia are there too.

Last edited:
Ryan also said the he had been at the NYS several times over the last few months, and was impressed by the Millers team and management. Maybe there will be closer links in future between the two clubs ?

Update 13/11/21
Sheffield F.C. 0 Ossett U. 0
Jamie Yates and Marc Newsham were in the Sheffield F.C. team

Last edited:
I've seen him eating a pukka a couple of times in the Family Stand lately. And he was the co-commentator on the Sunderland game.

13/11/21

BBC Radio Wales commentator has just said that Alan Knill, currently a member of the Wales national team coaching staff, will shortly be moving to join Chris Wilder at Middlesboro'.

05/01/21

Kyle Vassell , currently with Cheltenham Town, is planning to move to San Diego Loyal (USA tier 2) during the January transfer window. He was originally going to move over the summer, but his registration was held up due to visa problems.

Last edited:
12/01/22

BBC Radio Sheffield - Kieran Agard has moved from Plymouth Argyle (out of contract) to Doncaster Rovers on an 18-month deal.

Last edited:
17/01/22

San Diego Loyal (USA) Official website has announced that the transfer of Kyle Vassell, from Cheltenham Town, has now finally been completed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25/01/22

TalkSport Radio - AFC Bournemouth are in negotiations to sign Kieffer Moore from Cardiff City (nothing official announced yet)

Last edited:
27/01/22
He was only with us on loan (6 appearances, no goals), but Tom Elliott has moved from Salford City to Bradford City on loan.

Last edited: