Ex-Millers on the move | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ex-Millers on the move

06/08/21

Aidy White - Hearts to Rochdale (free)
Hasn't played much at any club since leaving us. He has been mainly playing at left back. Last scored a league goal in the 2011/2 season.

Last edited:
Oh wow. Thanks for that info Mike - if I'd heard his name connected to Newport I'd have thought I'd have gone potty! (mind you .....)

42-and-a-half years young, ladies and gentlemen... He was released by Newport, but then they changed their minds after his performances in pre-season trials!

10/08/21

Scott Wooton - Plymouth A. to Morcambe (free)
That's a fair old distance. Didn't think he was particulary great for us, vaguely ok at best.

Only a couple of examples so far have involved a transfer to a club as high ranking as the Championship ... and one of those is already injured!

Last edited:
Missed one from a few weeks ago - Alex Wiles, elder brother of Ben, and previously a fellow Millers youth team player, has moved from Gainsboro' to Matlock Town. There is a clip on YouTube of the brothers combining to score a goal in a game at Parkgate (I think that's the venue- it's a bit dark!).
...So he will be playing alongside Jerome Greaves for the Gladiators.

Last edited:
24/08/21

Alan Knill - has moved from being one of backroom staff at Sheffield U . to a new coaching job with Welsh national team. Thought he was quite a good player, and later decent manager (in difficult circumstances) , for the Millers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/09/21

Florian Jozefzoon - Derby County to Quevilly-Rouen (France Lge. 2). See other thread.

Last edited: