Everton ticket Information | Page 5 | Vital Football

Everton ticket Information

Football administration exam.

Q1. You are a Lincoln City supporter. The CEO asks you to decide how to distribute 5521 FA Cup tickets for a high profile fixture. You are tasked with divising the fairest method, whilst also taking into account the CEO job description which includes maximising revenue and increase the fan base.

Additional information -

You know there are at least 27,000 people are interested in attending high profile games.

You have around 6,500 season ticket holders, some of which have specifically purchased a ST to secure only high profile games.

You have a scheme for non season ticket holders, which gives second priority on tickets, for those who did n’t want or could not afford to pay for a season ticket up front. It is estimated 2,000 of these £10 Myimps tickets were sold at the time the match was announced.

If the other 18,500 interested people paid £10 each, you would earn an extra 185,000 for the club.

The manager has expressed an interest in a player, which in his opinion would secure promotion at the end of the season, but extra funds would be needed to secure this player in January.

Produce a simple plan, which will suit all the people wanting a ticket and also satisfies the CEO’s job remit and creates extra funds for the manager.
Nice test. But, I very much doubt any of the 6500 season ticket purchasers spent £300 purely on the off chance that they could get a ticket for an away day at a PL game, even if you are speaking hypothetically!
Simple way to raise more money from this would be to speak with Everton about a slightly higher ticket price. I'm sure everyone wanting to go would happily pay an extra fiver. If the Everton fans wouldn't then the other 18500 interested probably would!

Still get the feeling not all season ticket holders will want to go.
Making it so cheap will however encourage people to go.
Going to cost more on the coaches than the match tickets lol! !

Some clubs do a season ticket plus system. For example at Man City you can join 'cup schemes' whereby your home ticket for all cup ties in the different competitions that you voluntarily opt into is guaranteed provided you agree to buy a ticket for every round the club is drawn at home. On top of that there is the aforementioned points system which is what qualifies for away tickets. So going forward Imps could use a combination of the above or a single system depending on the technology and what best suits the club. The reality is still going to be some loyal customers/supporters will still miss out for big away games.

If the other 18,500 interested people paid £10 each, you would earn an extra 185,000 for the club.
I don't think earning money for the club is the motivation behind the Myimps scheme. As a member gets £2 off each home ticket, £5 voucher for the club shop and discount on the bar. It's more about affiliating non-ST holders with the club a bit more and providing that secondary priority window for away games and home cup ties.

So when these go on sale, it's a case of fastest finger/internet? Couldn't there be a day or two to register at each stage and then a ballot, to really give everyone a fair crack, or is that too complex?

Being pedantic about it, they haven't actually given us 15% (15% would have been 5,935). I'm sure they will say that is down to stadium limitations.

Three years ago there would have been barely 1,000 of us.

Even 3years ago we'd took a lot more than 1000

Nice test. But, I very much doubt any of the 6500 season ticket purchasers spent £300 purely on the off chance that they could get a ticket for an away day at a PL game, even if you are speaking hypothetically!
Simple way to raise more money from this would be to speak with Everton about a slightly higher ticket price. I'm sure everyone wanting to go would happily pay an extra fiver. If the Everton fans wouldn't then the other 18500 interested probably would!

I do n’t imagine there are many with a season ticket bought intending only to attend a couple of matches. However, there are people who have season tickets that rarely attend matches. 2 seats away from me is a seat I have only seen filled twice (by the same person) and looking through the season ticket thread one ST holder can only attend on weekday matches and another Seaon ticket holder lives so far away they only get to 5/6 matches. Are these people more or less deserving than a supporter that can only afford to come every other match?

If prices went up I’m sure someone would be unhappy - or - Why not add a fiver and also ask £10 fee for non members for the privilege of having a chance at these very reasonably priced tickets?

Also stopping the casual supporter from have a chance of coming is n’t the way to grow attendances.

I remember in the 80’s we played West Ham in the League Cup. My next door neighbour and his son went having never been to a Lincoln game before. They then attended every home match for the rest of the season.
If they had n’t been attracted by the glamour match , they would n’t have paid to watch Rochdale the following week.

I do n’t know what the right answers necessarily are but I do know they are n’t simple to get right. What might suit me or you might not seem so fair to someone else.

Last edited:
I don't think earning money for the club is the motivation behind the Myimps scheme. As a member gets £2 off each home ticket, £5 voucher for the club shop and discount on the bar. It's more about affiliating non-ST holders with the club a bit more and providing that secondary priority window for away games and home cup ties.
Its to attract people to come more often. If more people come more often the club earn more money.

But they do charge a fee. If you never attend a game it costs you £10.

So for every 1,000 new people who pay £10 to get the shot at an Everton ticket the club earns £10,000.

The only way those 1,000 people can get their £10 worth of saving is to spend another £100 (5x£20 ticket) = £100,000 extra to the club per 1,000 people.

So it is about money.

.... and creating an up to date customer database.

Unfortunately there will never be a fair system to suit all. As long as i get a ticket thats all that matters and i havent been to a game in 3 yrs. Seriously whoever gets a ticket i hope they enjoy the day out with hopefully a win to top it off.

Unfortunately there will never be a fair system to suit all. As long as i get a ticket thats all that matters and i havent been to a game in 3 yrs. Seriously whoever gets a ticket i hope they enjoy the day out with hopefully a win to top it off.

Ah that’s ok Brisimp it’s Liam’s job to make sure you, your friends and family can still buy your way into a ‘priority’ position at existing ‘priority’ members expense. (I’m referring to the character you’re playing here obviously).

In the prem most grounds give 3000 max to away fans and most of them have 10 times if not more who will be season ticket holders to fight over them.
So they have a points system so those that regularly get first dibs, something for us to look at maybe?

Its to attract people to come more often. If more people come more often the club earn more money.

But they do charge a fee. If you never attend a game it costs you £10.

So for every 1,000 new people who pay £10 to get the shot at an Everton ticket the club earns £10,000.

The only way those 1,000 people can get their £10 worth of saving is to spend another £100 (5x£20 ticket) = £100,000 extra to the club per 1,000 people.

So it is about money.
On the surface, yes, provided that they wouldn't have attended otherwise.

It is, however, about sustaining the income, encouraging the repeat attendence.

But, without attendence, income is less which isn't good for any business.

Conversely, the positive is that regularly attending, non-ST holders can secure a better chance of getting tickets for all games and of saving a bit of money thus rewarding their loyalty....

In all, I suspect it's a healthy mixture of both...

Come on you Imps!!!!! ©