Evans to Stevenage... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Evans to Stevenage...

As others have said i think SE wants to go and PS wants him to go. Leaving this way saves GFC some of his wages and get PS a small pay out - compo from Stevenage.

I do wonder if we are screwed this season. already

Worried me as soon as a) other manager in crowd b) PS and SE sniping and 3) not filling the bench as if to make a point. Is there a reson that we dont have enough u18s to fill the bench.

Worried me as soon as a) other manager in crowd b) PS and SE sniping and 3) not filling the bench as if to make a point. Is there a reson that we dont have enough u18s to fill the bench.
He just says they are not ready to play so what’s the point.

He just says they are not ready to play so what’s the point.

the point is that being part of the first team squad and being on the bench is according to most managers a vital part of a youngsters development. Just because a youth player is on the bench does not mean he has to be used.

more likely to be part of the exit strategy. Look at me, could not even fill a bench, etc.

We're averaging a point a game so far which is pretty much relegation form and most of those came before the injuries began to bite.

Not sure about that, Herr. Injury crisis or not, we're unbeaten in 4 in the league (beat Doncaster, drew with Accrington, Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday)

I'd like to think this is just an instance of the great dance which has been played out between Chairmen and Managers since the dawn of time, but it sounds like both parties are ready for Mr. Evans to walk. If so, just keep it civilized, Gents. You've managed so far.

I'd like to add that I am available to run the show until the end of the season. I'm proficient at Zoom and Canvas, can handle breakouts, and am sure I could adjust to Microsoft Teams pretty quickly too. I'd need all kick offs after 6 pm GMT, however.
Sorry Jokerman, my choice is the Binman, he knows how to run things. He'll have plenty of expert help from the "Scally Out" protesters too; so, sorted.

In spite of being a fanatical Gills supporter over 6 decades, for some strange reason I don't think I know best how to run the club, so count me out.

Played 17 got 17 points.

Current league form is a bit better thanks to the Donny win.

Not disputing the point a game average. But Herr seemed to be suggesting that our form has been worse as a result of the injury situation, when in fact, despite the injuries, the current run of 6 points from our last 4 games is our best run of form all season.

Given how many players we are likely to have out for the next 3 games at least, (Crewe away, Cheltenham at home, Portsmouth at home) in the next 10 days, it's hard to see how our PPG average will improve.
Just hope the likes of Carayol are close to returning.

Not disputing the point a game average. But Herr seemed to be suggesting that our form has been worse as a result of the injury situation, when in fact, despite the injuries, the current run of 6 points from our last 4 games is our best run of form all season.

I was looking at one win in 11 and zero wins from the last six which covers the period where the injuries have been running at nearly two a game.

Sorry Jokerman, my choice is the Binman, he knows how to run things. He'll have plenty of expert help from the "Scally Out" protesters too; so, sorted.

In spite of being a fanatical Gills supporter over 6 decades, for some strange reason I don't think I know best how to run the club, so count me out.

I yield. Only the true future manager of the Gills would say he was not worthy to be the manager of Gills. Just think of the squad as fourth formers and you'll not go far wrong.

I was looking at one win in 11 and zero wins from the last six which covers the period where the injuries have been running at nearly two a game.

Fair enough if you're counting the cup games as well. I'd say the figure of 0 wins in 6 doesn't tell the full story though. We should've beaten Bolton, got a very credible draw at Sheffield Wednesday against all the odds. And the West Ham game is a tournament we clearly didn't care about (and they cheated too :whist:). 0 wins in 6 is one way of looking at it, I'd prefer to say only 2 defeats in 7.

Not that I disagree with the general point you were making, mind you. But I do think we're performing admirably in the last month or so given the situation. How much longer we can keep that up when every game we play seems to be adding to our problems is another matter entirely.

Given how many players we are likely to have out for the next 3 games at least, (Crewe away, Cheltenham at home, Portsmouth at home) in the next 10 days, it's hard to see how our PPG average will improve.
Just hope the likes of Carayol are close to returning.

Not so sure about that. I think it's pretty certain that Dempsey, Oliver and Cummings will be back and Evans said Carayol was close for Cheltenham and I believe Lloyd only went off for a knock, so should be in contention, so we should be a lot stronger for those games. Crewe are seemingly pants we've seen Cheltenham twice at Priestfield now and they are no great shakes and Pompey are a big club, but mid table at the moment, and we'll be up for a match against a big team with a good away following. There can be no excuses as I doubt we'll have an on paper better run of three games for the rest of the season. Time for Evans and the team to show that we're more than just relegation battlers and turn our season around.