Evans to Stevenage... | Page 10 | Vital Football

Evans to Stevenage...

Will be interesting to see if any future potential managers are in attendance in the box with PS tonight,

Neil Smith, Kedwell, Lovegod, OGS, Peter Taylor, Paul Ince, etc

Must have been. The hatred for PS runs deep in a lot of you, that you’d sing the name of someone who tried very hard to ruin our club.

Whatever floats your boat.

Pulis turned around our fortunes on the pitch was was a nasty piece of work.
I was at the social event at the golf club when the car keys incident occurred, leaving Scally and his party needing to get a taxi back to Sevenoaks.
Pulis almost gloated that he’d thrown the keys after Scally left.
Clearly not a nice person.

Will be interesting to see if any future potential managers are in attendance in the box with PS tonight,

Neil Smith, Kedwell, Lovegod, OGS, Peter Taylor, Paul Ince, etc
Not sure about Danny K he is having a nightmare season at Cray couple places off bottom

I doubt that Scally would find that many decent takers to be honest. I am starting to think that someone with potential is the best we can hope for.
Only managers with experience that are past their sell by date.Or inexperienced up and coming hopefuls will touch us at present.

I remember the peacock one as well.

In terms of pulis it's worth remembering most fans were focused on what he did on the field. Most would have no knowledge of any off field issues.

To be fair to Scally, both Pulis and McCammon brought legal action against the club, and both of them only effectively received payments that they were clearly entitled to under their contracts, definitely much less than they were originally asking for. The Russo brothers thing was a bit weird - getting a loan from a salad supplier?

The Russo brothers are CAKED (I know one of their sons). They were involved with Watford FC at one point so that's how they would have known each other.

It's not unusual for loans to happen like that (eg outside of a bank).

Pulis turned around our fortunes on the pitch was was a nasty piece of work.
I was at the social event at the golf club when the car keys incident occurred, leaving Scally and his party needing to get a taxi back to Sevenoaks.
Pulis almost gloated that he’d thrown the keys after Scally left.
Clearly not a nice person.

You've got to be some sort of prick to chuck someone's (especially your boss) car keys away.

The Russo brothers are CAKED (I know one of their sons). They were involved with Watford FC at one point so that's how they would have known each other.

It's not unusual for loans to happen like that (eg outside of a bank).

Quite right. I've posted before about these loans and football's lenders of last resort. Loan durations are short, terms harsh and penalties severe and unavoidable in the event of payments not being met. Leeds were actually brought down by just one such loan of £15M though they had a mountain of other debt. Arrangements like this make it very hard to assess how near the edge a club might be and explain how some clubs have turned turtle suddenly. HMRC debts and deadlines are often reported on but almost never force clubs to the wall because the revenue negotiates.

Funny `ol game innit. Apparently SE is wanted at Stevenage. If he goes, will he hang on to their top scorer ? Will he loan him back to the Gills ? You know, the striker "goal scoring machine who might just keep Stevenage FC in the EFL". Didn`t SE let that man leave GFC in late 2019 ? An undisclosed fee ?
I was very disappointed that we let List go - but i`m really pleased for young Elliott and hope he`s enjoying his success - 12 goals in the last 11 games and playing super football....

Must have been. The hatred for PS runs deep in a lot of you, that you’d sing the name of someone who tried very hard to ruin our club.

Whatever floats your boat.
When I think about Pulis the word that I found so offensive on another thread comes to mind.

Great manager for us up until just before the playoff final. As a person, an utter ####. If he hadn't repeated such behaviour at other clubs I wouldn't be so condemnatory, but he has serious form.

Funny `ol game innit. Apparently SE is wanted at Stevenage. If he goes, will he hang on to their top scorer ? Will he loan him back to the Gills ? You know, the striker "goal scoring machine who might just keep Stevenage FC in the EFL". Didn`t SE let that man leave GFC in late 2019 ? An undisclosed fee ?
I was very disappointed that we let List go - but i`m really pleased for young Elliott and hope he`s enjoying his success - 12 goals in the last 11 games and playing super football....

was a stupid mistake to let him go.