Evans to Stevenage... | Page 12 | Vital Football

Evans to Stevenage...

If it's when starting a new thread, I think that problem's been around for a while, hasn't it? There are two different ways to post a new thread:

1) Just above the pinned threads, there's your avatar, and a text box that says "Thread title", or
2) A little bit above that and to the right, there's an orange "Post new thread" button

The problem always used to occur for people using method 1, I think, if you use method 2 it shouldn't be a problem.

If it's replies to an existing thread that are the problem, then that may be a new issue. Not been having any problems myself.

If it's when starting a new thread, I think that problem's been around for a while, hasn't it? There are two different ways to post a new thread:
1) Just above the pinned threads, there's your avatar, and a text box that says "Thread title", or
2) A little bit above that and to the right, there's an orange "Post new thread" button

I have that problem, only when posting a new thread, and I find the way to solve it is to post just the title in to the "new thread" box, then click on a box below that says "more options" which opens a larger box which then allows you plenty of time to type the whole initial post. Hope that works for you guys.

The problem always used to occur for people using method 1, I think, if you use method 2 it shouldn't be a problem.

If it's replies to an existing thread that are the problem, then that may be a new issue. Not been having any problems myself.

Agree with Madrid. Never had a problem with Option 2 👍

Good. Imo our best chance of staying up is wirh Evans

I did think that for a long time but that was more his ability to get some new heads in during January but time will tell if we can do that.

He's a fortunate manager in the sense that the crowd are still with him. I think most can see that it's not down to Evans that we find ourself in this mess.

I did think that for a long time but that was more his ability to get some new heads in during January but time will tell if we can do that.

He's a fortunate manager in the sense that the crowd are still with him. I think most can see that it's not down to Evans that we find ourself in this mess.

Surely some of it is down to Evans and his poor recruitment decisions. He hasn't used the budget wisely , recruiting a raft of midfielders and no forwards. He put all his eggs in Olivets basket!!

Good. Imo our best chance of staying up is wirh Evans
We will now i’m confident of that. Gonna be a torrid time for the next few weeks and expect a sale or two in January which we’ll all hate but have to put up with.
New face in charge at the end of the season and ..you never know !

Surely some of it is down to Evans and his poor recruitment decisions. He hasn't used the budget wisely , recruiting a raft of midfielders and no forwards. He put all his eggs in Olivets basket!!

he does love a midfielder, that’s for sure.

you could argue that a midfielder is the most versatile of the positions and could fill it across the breadth of the pitch and also RB/LB.

handy if you have a small squad

he does love a midfielder, that’s for sure.

you could argue that a midfielder is the most versatile of the positions and could fill it across the breadth of the pitch and also RB/LB.
A midfielder is a player that doesn't want the responsibility of scoring goals or stopping them

A midfielder is a player that doesn't want the responsibility of scoring goals or stopping them
I am not sure that every midfield player would come into that category. I am sure there are some midfielders who do as you say a little.I do think that recruitment could have had a better balance. I also wonder with so many players on short term deals if some are looking our for themselves a little bit more than it is ideal. For me this embargo is very damaging for the short term building of the club .It is certainly not helpful.

You have described the player who realises he has realised he has reached the pinnacle of his career and intends to stay there. be it the pub team or Premier League team.

Speaking of midfielders, Josh Wright (bet he wished he knew his way around a penalty) has signed for billericay

Exactly. Injuries have killed us. Can’t see many other reasons we’re not comfortably in mid-table and dreaming of a small play-off push in the new year 👍

Speaking of midfielders, Josh Wright (bet he wished he knew his way around a penalty) has signed for billericay
In other ex-Gills news Darren Oldaker joins Barry Fuller at Dorking Wanderers, of the National League South, having left Hythe Town, so a step up from that level.

Exactly. Injuries have killed us. Can’t see many other reasons we’re not comfortably in mid-table and dreaming of a small play-off push in the new year 👍

Injuries have had a major impact.

Our inability to have more depth to the squad would be another. It will be interesting to see what happens in the January window.

It would have been interesting to see where a fully fit squad would have placed us in the league. League one is tougher than ever this season season and I'm not sure we've have enough goals in the team even with Oliver to push for the playoffs. I'd like to think we wouldn't be in a relegation battle though. That said all season we've always been one of the favourites with the bookies to drop. They aren't often far wrong.