European super league, | Page 7 | Vital Football

European super league,

We were just punished for the actions of our owners and we thought it was unfair on us fans as we suffered when it wasn't our doing.

We could argue that punishing the big 6 now would be unfairly hurting the fans for something they didn't do in the same way.

Also punishing the fans after they helped pressure their clubs to scrap the idea could turn them against the rest of football when they are currently on the same side.

I think you are right that this won't be the end of the big 6 scheming and I'd love to see their owners punished. But I think punishing them will punish the fans as collateral damage and I think that could be detrimental under the circumstances at this time.

I agree some action should certainly come as a result from this but I think you have to be careful to keep the fans on side. Not sure what the best approach is but I think it needs to be carefully planned to impact the owners rather than the clubs who are being dragged into this mess by them.

Get what ur saying KDZ but very very few fans came out in support of us & our predicament. I said when we went in to Admin that had this happened to a big 6 club it would have been a whole different ball game, not to mention a totally different outcome.
As to big fines..City owners will just turn up production on their oil wells, Utd's Glaziers will just pump up prices across their networks & Abramovitic will sell more shares so in essence fines will do very little at all.
Liverpool have apparently lost / potential loss of 2 major sponsors....nowt to do with fan pressure that they've binned the ESL....no doubt sponsors of the other clubs have had a major part to play in their decisions.

Now I only wish fans from all backgrounds and the four home countries and R.O.I would turn against The Champions League ( return to knockout, champions only) and The Premier League.
Both these competitions are equally as disgusting as the doomed ESL which will eventually form from the Champions League. Elitist crap all of it.

Now I only wish fans from all backgrounds and the four home countries and R.O.I would turn against The Champions League ( return to knockout, champions only) and The Premier League.
Both these competitions are equally as disgusting as the doomed ESL which will eventually form from the Champions League. Elitist crap all of it.
The landscape has changed dramatically (literally!) since it was last a straight knockout tournament.
No more Soviet Union and No more Yugoslavia, meaning the competition would be longer than the days of the original European Cup, and more diluted.
The other option would be to make a knockout tournament with a seeding system, but the downside to that is you would have the Champions from the same countries in the last 8 every year.

Points deduction, monetary fine, kicked out the league...dunno not my area of expertise but because its the big clubs fuck all will happen.
It's like the person being caught with their hand in the till....I was only checking to see how much money was in there, I wasn't going to take any, honest, believe me.
Cue big bullshit platitudes from these clubs of how they care for their fans, the community & the grass roots level of football & didn't mean to cause any upset or worries. #bigsixbullshit

As soon as a club goes into Admin - a mandatory points deduction is issued.
They now need to change the rule book:
As soon as any individual clubs are involved in any independant discussions into creating a separate League - a mandatory points deduction is immediately issued.
We need to protect the English footballing pyramid system.

ESL is reminiscent of a group of lads organising a jolly boys outing before actually asking the wife or girlfriend !

It's all about money and control. UEFA saw their's reducing but if you look at what they are now proposing with the enlarged Champions League I really don't see the difference. The rich will get richer under all options and this is no great victory.

The Intent was there It now appears the Powers that be, are "Killing The Fatted Calf" for these 6 clubs.. Would they have reneged on this if the fans hadn't protested so much??? John Barnes said it correctly on TV this morning The top clubs still have the monopoly on English Football Nearly 30 years of this PREMIER LEAGUE and only 2 teams out of the top 5 have won it. Lets have a Salary Cap and put the league on a level playing field. They should have let them go It would make our Football a lot more competitive.and when in all goes TITS UP in a few years when they want to come back make them start off at the bottom of the Football League Structure. I dont really undrstand were people were coming from when yhey say they are doing away with promotion and relegation ?? If these clubs left the Premier league, What would change??? We would still have the same promotion relegation structure and entrance to the European Competitions??? Am I missing something?

The PL Managers of Clubs who will qualify for this NCL format,
will be complaining they are playing Too many matches,
obviously it won't be the NCL, it will be the domestic Cup Matches.

Then if the Club reaches the Final of the FA Cup, 'hey presto' the First Team
turn up to take all the glory, it's an insult to the younger players of these Clubs
who have played in the early rounds and the Lower League Clubs and
Non-League Clubs to make some money by their fans turning up to see the
Star Players of these Clubs wallowing in the mud at Grounds
like Bacup Borough (LoL).

Not sure there should be punishments, unless it’s monetary. It’s the rogue owners that are the issue and punishment such as points deductions, tournament bans just hurts the players, fans, manager. I get we were shafted and that wasn’t right. I’m not sure there is a precedent for their behaviour and so a new set of regulations to cover this is needed.

To be honest they’ve all been humiliated and their relationship with numerous footballing organisations, clubs and their peer employees will be significantly affected. A period of calm reflection from all parties is needed and then level headed talks can occur and compromise found. The thing that irritates me most is the entitlement they can compete in the CL without earning the right and this needs dropping if it’s a proposal.

Let's face it, the "Champions League" is and always has been a misnomer.

If they want a ESL to replace the current premier European club trophy, (but with some kind of qualification criteria - otherwise, what's the bloody point?), then let's be honest, it'll probably come ... coupled with a reversion to the European Cup purely for the teams winning their domestic titles.

I just think it's been quite funny seeing the speed of the U-turns, and of course, the David Brent-ish apology from Henry to the Liverpool fans ... who he didn't deem sufficiently important to consult before initially signing up to the whole shitshow!

Barnsley will be fuming they weren't asked.

And the FA CUP. WI’ll go further down the pecking order for these clubs.
When the FA Cup was taken seriously by the Big Clubs.

Northampton Town 2 v Man Utd 8. February 7, 1970.

Manchester United:
Alex Stepney, Paul Edwards, Tony Dunne, Paddy Crerand, Ian Ure, David Sadler,
Willie Morgan, Carlo Sartori, Bobby Charlton, Brian Kidd, George Best, Francis Burns.

The Intent was there It now appears the Powers that be, are "Killing The Fatted Calf" for these 6 clubs.. Would they have reneged on this if the fans hadn't protested so much??? John Barnes said it correctly on TV this morning The top clubs still have the monopoly on English Football Nearly 30 years of this PREMIER LEAGUE and only 2 teams out of the top 5 have won it. Lets have a Salary Cap and put the league on a level playing field. They should have let them go It would make our Football a lot more competitive.and when in all goes TITS UP in a few years when they want to come back make them start off at the bottom of the Football League Structure. I dont really undrstand were people were coming from when yhey say they are doing away with promotion and relegation ?? If these clubs left the Premier league, What would change??? We would still have the same promotion relegation structure and entrance to the European Competitions??? Am I missing something?

I think the point was that these clubs think that the size of their crowds, followings worldwide, spending power & income they undoubtedly bring in to the game gives them the right to demand that they should automatically be in the continents premier trophy regardless of how they've performed in their domestic leagues.
And no matter how badly they may perform in the ESL they would be in it the year after & have access to the £325m money from the tournament which would in turn give them a continued & unending spending advantage over the rest of their respective domestic leagues regardless of whether they had earned that advantage on the field
The comments about doing away with relegation & promotion were to do with the fact that any club knows that it "could" go from non-league to the champions league if it earnt it on the pitch - unlikely I know but the dream is there & with the right circumstances, masses of good fortune & even more cash it is possible. This ESL would have meant that it would no longer be possible for that to happen & that certain clubs would always be dining at the top table with those same clubs deciding which 5 clubs it would honour (& on what terms) with an invite to their tournament. Yes the European Cup & UEFA Cup (showing my age) would still likely exist in some format but would become the European equivalent of the Checkatrade Trophy

This arrogant buffoon Perez is still banging on about his failed coup.

With absolutely no self awareness whatsoever he now openly states to the world ...”we can’t be signing M’Bappe or Haaland without the ESL”

Well that’s just too bad, you odious little shit

These two are out in front now as the outstanding world striking talents and Real Madrid are absolutely entitled to be signing them, but you know what, they just can’t afford it ....it’s an outrage!...how dare the rest of football refuse to be browbeaten and devalued to the point their existence would in doubt ....We are all standing in the way of Real Madrid’s God given right to everyone and everything.
I only hope we are all suitably ashamed

Rumour government would like a British league
We already have two foreign clubs in the efl why not let more foreign clubs in from Scotland
As long as they start from the bottom I don't mind

Rumour government would like a British league
We already have two foreign clubs in the efl why not let more foreign clubs in from Scotland
As long as they start from the bottom I don't mind

If there's a "British" league, then we'll have to switch to a "British" national team.

It's interesting though Bicky that you consider Wales and Scotland foreign.

United Kingdom, Great Britain (& NI), England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, ... such a strange set up we have isn't it. We want to be either together or apart as it suits us.

Oh, and by the way, it's 3 (Newport).
;)

If there's a "British" league, then we'll have to switch to a "British" national team.

It's interesting though Bicky that you consider Wales and Scotland foreign.

United Kingdom, Great Britain (& NI), England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, ... such a strange set up we have isn't it. We want to be either together or apart as it suits us.

Oh, and by the way, it's 3 (Newport).
;)
Yea a team I've not heard of for while my mistake
I think the snp know what they want
And in Northern Ireland getting very close to a majority in favour of 🇮🇪