European super league, | Page 6 | Vital Football

European super league,

Dont talk shite Jock, even those greedy bastard owners wouldnt dare try this again.

Dont talk shite ......that's your department

We'll see....We'll see....once they get their PR in order they'll be back sooner than Grip taking his dog out for a long walk.....😉

As predicted City and Chelsea would be the first to see sense. They probably get out of it without too much reputational damage, but as for the others...

It’s a spectacular failure though, dead within 48 hours and the protests had barely begun. I suspect Woodward won’t be the only senior casualty. Levy I suspect will be one. Can’t wait to hear what that clown Perez has to say now. This idiot was on about shortening games last night. It’s a massive humiliation for him.

As predicted City and Chelsea would be the first to see sense. They probably get out of it without too much reputational damage, but as for the others...

It’s a spectacular failure though, dead within 48 hours and the protests had barely begun. I suspect Woodward won’t be the only senior casualty. Levy I suspect will be one. Can’t wait to hear what that clown Perez has to say now. This idiot was on about shortening games last night. It’s a massive humiliation for him.

As I said earlier in the thread this is the first salvo, the money men will regroup, get their strategy & PR in place then will go again tho this time there will be brown paper bags stuffed with £€$'s for whoever they need to bribe. I mean years ago we all laughed at the prospect of playing a world Cup in the desert.....now look where we are. Money talks I'm afraid. Now the big 6 should be punished but I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen...oh no, the FA, PL, EFL etc will be breathing a big sigh of relief as their money well won't be drying up anytime soon.

Those six clubs have fans as well, loyal bloody fans! Is it fair they should be punished? And i'll say again.......Managers, players, fans have come out and publicly shown their disgust, players and managers have condemned the idea speaking up against the people that pay their wages.

And who the fuck are the one's accepting brown paper bags Jock?

I do wonder if this is part of a tactical play. They've asked for the earth and must've known there was no way it would happen - but the threat of it will likely make FIFA, UEFA, Sky, the FA etc willing to give them more in negotiations than if they didn't make it.

We already know from the Champions League changes and 'Operation Big Picture' that they are pushing for changes that will give them even more money and power, but they haven't been able to get as much as they want.

I think these people running these clubs are too clever to get this 'launch' so wrong - i think they are very possibly just trying to strengthen their negotiating position.

Those six clubs have fans as well, loyal bloody fans! Is it fair they should be punished? And i'll say again.......Managers, players, fans have come out and publicly shown their disgust, players and managers have condemned the idea speaking up against the people that pay their wages.

And who the fuck are the one's accepting brown paper bags Jock?

You really need the brown paper bags explaining..really - Sepp Blatter n Michael Platini to name only 2. Oh n no doubt the Qatar WC bid was won on merit....🤔

What the fuck did we Latics fans, players, manager & backroom staff do to deserve what we got....fuck all but we still got punished. I'm tired of saying it till it happens to a big club nobody gives a fuck...now it's poor old city / Liverpool / Utd etc....oh it's a shame, not their fault....didn't see Carrager / Nevile banging the drum of unfairness for us.

Hang on Jock, the greedy fuckin owners signed up for the ESL, they should be given the shit not the club, managers, players or fans, none of the latter 3 wanted it!

This.
Greedy 'kin overseas owners (especially NA) are the primary ones who have driven this.

This.
Greedy 'kin overseas owners (especially NA) are the primary ones who have driven this.

Immaterial whose driven this those clubs with all their vast knowledge, history & experience still signed up for it so should be punished for their actions...please don't think this ESL is faltering because of the clubs love & thoughts of the fans, they're looking to ditch it because of the negative publicity.

Immaterial whose driven this those clubs with all their vast knowledge, history & experience still signed up for it so should be punished for their actions...please don't think this ESL is faltering because of the clubs love & thoughts of the fans, they're looking to ditch it because of the negative publicity.

I agree , they should be punished but not sure what would be appropriate.

I agree , they should be punished but not sure what would be appropriate.
If the PL / FA have their way the punishment will likely be an arm around the big 6 clubs shoulders n asking them if they're ok & what can we do to make you feel better......mid season breaks perhaps so u can pop off over the far east / America for a few exhibition matches????

From who?

In recent days, the club has received representations from various key stakeholders, both internally and externally, and we would like to thank them for their valuable contributions.

The above is a statement from LFC re their pulling out of the ESL......pressure from big sponsors who have no doubt told them it ain't a good image for the club to be associated with the ESL.....money talks

http://www.skysports.com/share/12282080

Read that slowly Jock, then please tell us what punishment you would dole out.

Points deduction, monetary fine, kicked out the league...dunno not my area of expertise but because its the big clubs fuck all will happen.
It's like the person being caught with their hand in the till....I was only checking to see how much money was in there, I wasn't going to take any, honest, believe me.
Cue big bullshit platitudes from these clubs of how they care for their fans, the community & the grass roots level of football & didn't mean to cause any upset or worries. #bigsixbullshit

Points deduction, monetary fine, kicked out the league...dunno not my area of expertise but because its the big clubs fuck all will happen.
It's like the person being caught with their hand in the till....I was only checking to see how much money was in there, I wasn't going to take any, honest, believe me.
Cue big bullshit platitudes from these clubs of how they care for their fans, the community & the grass roots level of football & didn't mean to cause any upset or worries. #bigsixbullshit

We were just punished for the actions of our owners and we thought it was unfair on us fans as we suffered when it wasn't our doing.

We could argue that punishing the big 6 now would be unfairly hurting the fans for something they didn't do in the same way.

Also punishing the fans after they helped pressure their clubs to scrap the idea could turn them against the rest of football when they are currently on the same side.

I think you are right that this won't be the end of the big 6 scheming and I'd love to see their owners punished. But I think punishing them will punish the fans as collateral damage and I think that could be detrimental under the circumstances at this time.

I agree some action should certainly come as a result from this but I think you have to be careful to keep the fans on side. Not sure what the best approach is but I think it needs to be carefully planned to impact the owners rather than the clubs who are being dragged into this mess by them.