European super league, | Page 5 | Vital Football

European super league,

What happens when a USA team is co-opted into the ESL.
How would it be renamed?
Would our friends on the M62 corridor with their own Super League have something to say about it?

Maybe this one will be moved off thread.

Is there not something comparable about this ESL business, and a country abandoning its membership of a body at the behest of a load of rich financiers, who only see it as a chance to enrich themselves, with the effect that the majority are impoverished.

2 of the so-called Big 6 are already reconsidering.
I'm guessing those 2 are Citeh & Chelsea, who, along with Real Madrid, are expected to be kicked out of the Champions League this coming Friday.

It's rampant greed and self interest &, as an executive at one of the "6" in England said anonymously to Sky yesterday, the wider concerns of the game are secondary. When you see some Chinese bloke on TV this morning sat in his house in Beijing with his Inter Milan kit on, sat polishing all his Inter Milan memorabilia, saying what a great idea it is coz he'll get to see the biggest clubs play his team all the team then you see exactly who their target market is for this idea whilst the "legacy" fans can be treated like crud

It stinks to high heaven but it also reeks of complete hypocrisy on behalf of the EPL that was set up for the very reason of getting the big clubs a bigger share of the pie.

That said, I did fine the meme doing the rounds on social media today that says "Spurs joining the European Super League is akin to me walking in to the Crucible & putting 50p down on the table" quite funny. Small things & all that

It's rampant greed and self interest &, as an executive at one of the "6" in England said anonymously to Sky yesterday, the wider concerns of the game are secondary. When you see some Chinese bloke on TV this morning sat in his house in Beijing with his Inter Milan kit on, sat polishing all his Inter Milan memorabilia, saying what a great idea it is coz he'll get to see the biggest clubs play his team all the team then you see exactly who their target market is for this idea whilst the "legacy" fans can be treated like crud

It stinks to high heaven but it also reeks of complete hypocrisy on behalf of the EPL that was set up for the very reason of getting the big clubs a bigger share of the pie.

That said, I did fine the meme doing the rounds on social media today that says "Spurs joining the European Super League is akin to me walking in to the Crucible & putting 50p down on the table" quite funny. Small things & all that

Games played regularly, in the Americas and Asia, ESL clubs will need 2 squads.

Agree that this is just an extension to the greed that was manifest when the Premier League was set up

So greed and capitalism was good to get us the vaccine.
Yet greed and capitalism is bad when it comes to the ESL

Am I wrong to see hypocrisy here?

So greed and capitalism was good to get us the vaccine.
Yet greed and capitalism is bad when it comes to the ESL

Am I wrong to see hypocrisy here?
I saw a lovely quote from Michael Heseltine on Johnson, and quite fitting in this context:

"Boris Johnson is the kind of politician who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front, shouting 'follow me' ”.

Without those 'big' clubs there should be fairer competition amongst the remaining 86 clubs which should lead to more competitive matches... as long as the game's finances can be distributed more fairly. As it stands, the existing oligopoly will intensify and lead to more sterile gam!es where who wins the league is almost an inevitable stitch up between the richest clubs. I would much rather see a competitive game between, say, Fulham and Palace than Chelsea and Burnley.

Let's politely show them the door!

Saw a funny quote suggesting Spurs joining the esl was the equivalent of Bananaman being asked to join the Avengers.

Is there not something comparable about this ESL business, and a country abandoning its membership of a body at the behest of a load of rich financiers, who only see it as a chance to enrich themselves, with the effect that the majority are impoverished.
Or it may be a bonding of Europeans in a new centralised structure

Might want to check what side rich financiers JP Morgan were on in both instances for your analogy.

And City too now.

Why is it well done......they still entered into it knowing full well the implications, they're just squirming due to the public backlash. Make no mistakes if it doesn't go ahead now it'll come soon enough & no doubt whatsoever the usual clubs will still be there only they'll have their PR sorted out by then. They've all signalled their intent so as far as I'm concerned I'd fuck them all off but no doubt the Associations will welcome them back with open arms cos it won't affect their cash flow...#corrupt&greed

Hang on Jock, the greedy fuckin owners signed up for the ESL, they should be given the shit not the club, managers, players or fans, none of the latter 3 wanted it!

Hang on Jock, the greedy fuckin owners signed up for the ESL, they should be given the shit not the club, managers, players or fans, none of the latter 3 wanted it!

Hang on T&C, similar thing happened to us when the Hong Kong Twin C@@@s put us in Admin. We suffered like fuck, still are & put us back years....wasn't the club or fans fault but we ARE paying for it. So as the EFL said to us, 'rules are rules' then punishment should be handed out to them otherwise there's ZERO threat to them next time they decide it's time for the ESL, only this time they'll be better prepared...will have greased enough palms for it to be given the green light.