EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 475 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

If the referendum had been held in 2014 , I'm pretty sure remain would have won.
Then Merkel steps in and opens the floodgates in 2015.
Brexit could be blamed on Angela !
I'm not sure the muslim issue was a topic by anyone in the Leave campaign except some scare mongering by Farridge on Turkey and what went on in your tiny little mind.

I wasn't aware that we had started any wars with Turkey, Syria or Iran ?

I must have been asleep that day.
N o not with Turkey but Iran going back to the Iran/Iraq conflict in which we were fully behind Sadam. Syria is a fall out after the Gulf wars with Iraq.

If you had an ounce of working grey matter then you would know that Turkey is unlikely ever to join. Until the country makes sea change after sea change in its policies, it cannot comply with almost none of the EU requirements for joining. Not sure what the significance of Albania is in terms of joining the EU.

If we leave with a no-deal than there will be a hard border in Ireland that will break the terms of the Good Friday Agreement.

I doubt that there is any unity but Boris does not want to break up the Tory because it is likely to be permanent.

Remainers are at one; now, if you think that they are split somehow it's only because some want the referendum result reversed, some want a peoples' vote and some want a General Election but there is no equivalent of a soft, hard or no-deal remain.

So, what part of my post was inaccurate ?

WK !
Quick!
There's a straw !
Clutch it !

You are very good at saying what will not happen but use the last remnants of your old, withered, addled brain, to tell everyone what you think will happen.

N o not with Turkey but Iran going back to the Iran/Iraq conflict in which we were fully behind Sadam. Syria is a fall out after the Gulf wars with Iraq.

You are just making yourself look more stupid with every comment.

The UK started the Iran/Iraq war now ?

Syria is a fall out of a war decades before, that we started ?

My recollection was that Sadam started it by invading his neighbour.

Why not rewrite all history while you're at it ?

You are just making yourself look more stupid with every comment.

FFS, you are going to start him off again! It was either the middle ages, world war 2, or Tony Blair / George Bush Jr when the West caused the problems in the Middle East (he's argued for all 3 scenarios in the past). It's definitely whites that are to blame though, coloured folk can't make their own decisions and aren't responsible for their actions.

And the effect on you or anyone else is what? Just racist/religious hatred rhetoric.

People don't know as much about Islam as you, and equate Muslim immigration with negatives (terrorism, crime, homophobia, misogyny, intolerance, grooming gangs, sexual assaults etc), rather than all of the positives. You have said that Leave voters are racist, I'm just agreeing with you TBH.

FFS, you are going to start him off again! It was either the middle ages, world war 2, or Tony Blair / George Bush Jr when the West caused the problems in the Middle East (he's argued for all 3 scenarios in the past). It's definitely whites that are to blame though, coloured folk can't make their own decisions and aren't responsible for their actions.

I blame the Knights Templar myself.

I did not write that
Syria is a fall out of a war decades before, that we started ?
That's irrelevant because it depends on what happened post Gulf wars and the problems that spread into Syria [backed by Iran - Alawite rulers are shi'ites] and ledt the caliphate set up by IS, which gave the ruler an excuse to go after all his enemies, primarily sunnis, which led to millions being displaced and sought refuge elsewhere.
My recollection was that Sadam started it by invading his neighbour.
He did indeed but with full support by the West - anything to have a pop at the Ayatollah's Iran. I was down the road in the Easter Province of Saudi Arabia while it was happening

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...labour-has-cost-blue-collar-Britain-dear.html

Article is a few years old but the principle remains the same.

site work , not your jobbing builder mates, is totally price driven.
cheapest quite gets the gig.

Source re the 7 months...

https://www.fmb.org.uk/about-the-fm...7-months-ahead-for-home-improvement-projects/

Same website's views on the immigration standpoint - not in favour of the white paper.

https://www.fmb.org.uk/about-the-fm...white-paper-shows-government-isn-t-listening/

Then I have also found this, which shows that there is a wage deflation effect on those in lower paid jobs, and jobs requiring fewer skills.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/the-labour-market-effects-of-immigration/

Basically, it's as clear as mud. Construction will all but stop if the white paper on immigration goes through, but immigration has led to some wage deflation, however it's not as damning as some would make out.

Also the 6 to a house cliche needs to die a death. The plural of anecdote is not data, and we should never forget that.

Basically, it's as clear as mud. Construction will all but stop if the white paper on immigration goes through.

If only they could guarantee that! The concrete jungle is gaining pace all around in every, originally small, village near me. 90-95% are 4 and 5 bed executive houses with no garden that they are struggling to sell when completed. Average price about £600k. If built by Persimmon bits will drop off within a few months.

That report says "Research suggests that immigration has small impacts on average wages of UK workers and that the impacts differ along the wage distribution: low-waged workers lose while medium and high-paid workers gain "

How can that be? I thought it was the poor low-waged workers that were going to lose out when Brexit curbs immigration?

If only they could guarantee that! The concrete jungle is gaining pace all around in every, originally small, village near me. 90-95% are 4 and 5 bed executive houses with no garden that they are struggling to sell when completed. Average price about £600k. If built by Persimmon bits will drop off within a few months.
The rate of housebuilding has nothing to do with the EU unless, of course, you consider the success of the South East is due to our membership. It's due to demand, not by immigrants but just the rate of childbirth - you should be grateful it's relatively low these days. Where will you house all these people if housebuilding slows down?
That report says "Research suggests that immigration has small impacts on average wages of UK workers and that the impacts differ along the wage distribution: low-waged workers lose while medium and high-paid workers gain "
Wee've seen two such reports today.
How can that be? I thought it was the poor low-waged workers that were going to lose out when Brexit curbs immigration?
Why did you think that?

Now it's all a load of rubbish. Just been watching the news and we may not be able to export our rubbish to Europe in the event of a no-deal Brexit. It goes to countries like Holland that use it in waste-to-energy plants. It is anticipated that the rubbish will attract tariffs and therefore not be viable. So, until we build waste-to-energy plants, so hated by nimbys, the garbage is destined for landfill.

The rate of housebuilding has nothing to do with the EU unless, of course, you consider the success of the South East is due to our membership. It's due to demand, not by immigrants but just the rate of childbirth - you should be grateful it's relatively low these days. Where will you house all these people if housebuilding slows down?

I didn't say it had anything to do with EU rules but I was commenting on the point that MM made about the effect of less immigration on the construction industry. IMO there could be a good side to that.

If the housing part of that industry was addressing the need for first time buyer housing due to your point about childbirth rates then I would have some sympathy for housebuilders. As it is, they build Stepford Wives Monstrosities well out of the reach of the young and people in low paid jobs, while not investing in the infrastructure to support it.

I didn't say it had anything to do with EU rules but I was commenting on the point that MM made about the effect of less immigration on the construction industry. IMO there could be a good side to that.
I never mentioned EU rules just wealth created by EU membership
If the housing part of that industry was addressing the need for first time buyer housing due to your point about childbirth rates then I would have some sympathy for housebuilders. As it is, they build Stepford Wives Monstrosities well out of the reach of the young and people in low paid jobs, while not investing in the infrastructure to support it.
It's not just first time buyers, that this and previous Administrations have largely ignored, but people upsizing as families grow or moving away from London with cash to spend. The world doesn't stand still.