EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 198 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Also as a point of order, tories range from right of centre (Jo Johnson), through right hand side (May) and up to right wing (JRM). When I say right wing, I do mean the wing.

So being anti-democracy is not extreme in your book?

Her leader May keeps referring to needing to "deliver on Brexit" whether soft, hard or no deal. Soubry has never accepted the verdict of the people and has only ever had her eyes on reversing their democratic decision.

You refer to JRM being totally right wing, so how come he has been abused and, in his case, his children too? And yet he did not badger the police to clear up a mess that he started by his actions unlike Soubry.

The level of incompetence concerning the arrangement in preparation for a no deal seems to have hit a new high/low. The BBC are now reporting that following the appointment of Seaborne Freight to run the ferry service between Ramsgate and Ostend that the mayor of Ostend has told them that Belgian port will not be ready for a new ferry line in time for Brexit.

This closely follows the reports that Ramsgate would not be ready either.

I was beginning to believe that Theresa May was trying to sabotage Brexit herself, as no one could be so incompetent, but I then remembered her past performance in previous jobs.

Whichever way you feel about Brexit, the handling could not have been worse. Strong and Stable!

The level of incompetence concerning the arrangement in preparation for a no deal seems to have hit a new high/low. The BBC are now reporting that following the appointment of Seaborne Freight to run the ferry service between Ramsgate and Ostend that the mayor of Ostend has told them that Belgian port will not be ready for a new ferry line in time for Brexit.

This closely follows the reports that Ramsgate would not be ready either.

I was beginning to believe that Theresa May was trying to sabotage Brexit herself, as no one could be so incompetent, but I then remembered her past performance in previous jobs.

Whichever way you feel about Brexit, the handling could not have been worse. Strong and Stable!
Like 80 trucks at Manston; what on earth can be extrapolated from that when Dover has 10,000 trucks passing through daily? Why now only weeks away from the deadline.

Anna Soubry has always been trying to block democracy. Did you see her looking like the mad aunt that had escaped from the attic the day after the result of the referendum?

Ever since then she has oozed the "I know better than the voters" attitude and has been trying everything to thwart Brexit.

She defends her free speech but goes crying to the Police when other people justifiably express their views about her.

And yet she is part of the braying lynch mob in the commons acting like nine year olds and ganging up on Jeremy Corbyn for something he denies he ever said and was not offensive anyway. May is a woman is she not? how else would you accurately describe her? Stupid Thing or Stupid Alien better?

Misogyny would be saying "All women are stupid" or "she is stupid because she is a woman" and they did not even accuse him of saying anything like that. Talk about double standards.

Ther are two issues with event.
1. The media is camped outside parliament and interviews MPs etc in the open. A small group of permanent remainers always march up and down with their EU flag sometimes chanting and sometimes lightly heckling therefore it was obvious that this is open to abuse plus it gives the impression that whoever is in that area with banners or chants opinion are supported more than they actually are. Surprised extreme leavers have taken this long to catch on.

2. All of these people are allowed to protest and within reason chant what they want. Why the media decided to latch onto the nazi chant I have no idea as it misses and trivialises the point.

At what point does the lawful protesting cross the line and become harrassment or likely to cause a breach of the peace. I think if you watch the complete footage of this event then it is plain that surrouding a lone person in an intimidating manner, screaming scum, scum in their face, recording it to show how good you are at bullying, in short this is intimidation.
I dont see the relevance of what peope think of the persons views (as long as they are not advocating violence towards another human) this behaviour is a step too far. If people believe in democracy then vote the MP out.
This goes for the similar treatment that Mogg received, in a democracy no matter under any political system we cannot allow people to be intimidated
If its all a pretence and the aim is to demolish the current system then join others of a likemind, at least that is honest.

I think the MPs should have access to a police cordon.
The crowds held back , should be allowed to shout what they want (within the law )
The issues are that these people ' got in her face/private space.
She wasn't hurt , or even touched.
I can understand her being flustered , lightly shaken but that's about it

The crowds held back , should be allowed to shout what they want (within the law )
But that's your way, Gel Boy's way as we see at his marches that you watch on You Tube.

It was not simply getting in her face, it was intimidation.
i dont like her or the Mogg but that was on the edge, allow it to go unchallenged then violence or terrorism could follow from either side.

It was not simply getting in her face, it was intimidation.
i dont like her or the Mogg but that was on the edge, allow it to go unchallenged then violence or terrorism could follow from either side.

Surely getting in someone's face is intimidation ?
Like I stated , the protesters should be held back.

The treatment towards her was intimidating and out of order. So was the treatment of Jacob Rees-Mogg and his family. Both were the result of actions of a minority of bellends, though I’m not attempting to play down the actions themselves. These incidences aren’t reflective of any sides, so I’m hoping the point-scoring stops.

The treatment towards her was intimidating and out of order. So was the treatment of Jacob Rees-Mogg and his family. Both were the result of actions of a minority of bellends, though I’m not attempting to play down the actions themselves. These incidences aren’t reflective of any sides, so I’m hoping the point-scoring stops.

The media are very quick to try to blame the right wing. I've heard the DFLA and Tommy Robinson dragged into it !

I care not one way or the other about Brexit, but, to see a very loud and unruly Tory MP (at least she is in the Commons with her big gob) apply pressure to bring about an increase in police presence to protect her and others from vocally "intimidating individuals", whilst happily allowing Joe Public to be ever more deprived of police resource on Friday and Saturday nights in all our towns and cities, is amazingly ironic, not to mention, arrogant. ...... If I was the Commissioner I`d tell her and Mr Speaker to get stuffed.

Soubry is a traitor.
May has had the decency to insist the vote for Brexit would be implemented .
Soubry has persistently defied her PM , and the will of the people.
Teresa May has brexit in her hands.
We are leaving in 79 days time and she has full control. Nobody can challenge her , and it needs her permission to reverse any decision. She seems determined to leave , so unless she changes her mind in the coming weeks

Not getting into the Brexit thing, Valencia, I just think that Soubry is a big gob hypocrite, like so many MP`s, of all colours and all stances on Brexit. I`ll leave you guys to carry on with your Brexit stuff.....

Soubry is a traitor.
May has had the decency to insist the vote for Brexit would be implemented .
Soubry has persistently defied her PM , and the will of the people.
Teresa May has brexit in her hands.
We are leaving in 79 days time and she has full control. Nobody can challenge her , and it needs her permission to reverse any decision. She seems determined to leave , so unless she changes her mind in the coming weeks
We will not be departing in 79 days. Common sense will prevail and the leaving date can be pushed back to allow proper negotiations to take place without May's ridiculous red lines that have done the damage. You forget that 48%+ voted Remain - they can't be ignored.

We will not be departing in 79 days. Common sense will prevail and the leaving date can be pushed back to allow proper negotiations to take place without May's ridiculous red lines that have done the damage. You forget that 48%+ voted Remain - they can't be ignored.

And nor can the 52%, or the 85% who voted for parties that said they would honour the result of the referendum at the last election...