EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 197 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

So leave means leave... but what that actually mean?

Strategically - Leave won’t manage to achieve their ultimate objective until they are able to unite on a shared vision of Brexit.

To date, the PM has found herself trying to satisfy all the different interpretations of what Brexit is. No wonder many of her speeches are full of cringeworthy slogans like “Brexit means Brexit” rather than real content.

Paradoxically, I think Leavers are making Brexit less likely.

I don’t see any chance of Leavers reaching a consensus amongst themselves which is one of the reasons why I don’t think Brexit will ever happen.

Genuinely interested if any Leavers share the some thought/concern.

Anyone watching 'Uncivil War' ?
Laughable!
Haha. You surprise me! Bit uncomfortable was it, to see how the 'Leave' lies were created and sowed distrust and division across the country.
Perfect backstory for the concerns about the rising levels of hate and aggression shown around Westminster as reported today.

Reccomended viewing for anyone who might be interested in the levels of influence a smart manipulator and some targetted macros might have on your future in a digital age.

Is that an absolute fact? Really?

For chaos look closer to home. Inept government and yet may well get in again if the polls are remotely an indication. We'll leave and be run by dunces. Grayling for PM anyone?
Or worse still that idiot Boris.

May will lose the vote next week and the exit date will be pushed back. Neither May nor the majority of MPs and business could countenance a no-deal outcome. Delaying the date will mean a chance to negotiate something workable and we'll still have a say in things. That situation is likely to bring about a general election because if May fails on such a fundamental issue she cannot claim to have proper authority to run the country.

Gillsbluenose, glad to see you justifying the actions of people who, on another day, thought it was quite alright to block an ambulance with its blues and twos going. Says it all really.

Gillsbluenose, glad to see you justifying the actions of people who, on another day, thought it was quite alright to block an ambulance with its blues and twos going. Says it all really.

What other day? You know where exactly the same people were in another place of another day and the exact circumstances? Or does it just suit your purpose to imply that?

As for this constant reference to thugs, you may have your own definition but I define thugs as properly violent people, which was not true of yesterday's barrackers. I didn't even hear any swearing.

Why do you think that the police were taking their time as they were not sure any laws have been broken? The best they have come up with possible "harrassment" but they are even struggling with that.

Perhaps they can introduce new legislation about that although as I pointed out that will also incriminate most of the Tory Front Bench.

What other day? You know where exactly the same people were in another place of another day and the exact circumstances? Or does it just suit your purpose to imply that?

As for this constant reference to thugs, you may have your own definition but I define thugs as properly violent people, which was not true of yesterday's barrackers. I didn't even hear any swearing.

Why do you think that the police were taking their time as they were not sure any laws have been broken? The best they have come up with possible "harrassment" but they are even struggling with that.

Perhaps they can introduce new legislation about that although as I pointed out that will also incriminate most of the Tory Front Bench.
So this is OK is it?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/20/anna-soubry-accosted-pro-brexit-supporters-hitler

Gillsbluenose, the same yellow jackets were prominent at both. Perhaps people who wear a ‘uniform’ should think who they are associating themselves with

This BBC article highlights the issue I raised:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46784840

If you still don't know why Raab resigned in disgust, the following part is very revealing: "prime minister's CHIEF EU negotiator Olly Robbins"

If you don't know who Olly/Oliver Robbins is or who he works for or where his loyalties lie, just Google him. Sir Humphrey incarnate.

Make a political point of a tragic act by a terrorist, why don't you?

I think you will find being a Tory puts Soubry on the right wing of politics herself.

The murder of Jo cox by a man fed by hate and lies of the right wing is very apt when we're talking about the right wing shouting abuse at current MPs. He wasn't a terrorist, he was a mentally ill person that had his hate stoked by lies that led to him comitting the heinous crime.

This is the climate we're in, this is what Britain has become - I'm not surprised Soubry is making this point, which has been backed up by a number of MPs cross party and brexit view wise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jo_Cox

Also as a point of order, tories range from right of centre (Jo Johnson), through right hand side (May) and up to right wing (JRM). When I say right wing, I do mean the wing.

According to the Independent online:

Theresa May is facing a fresh revolt over her Brexit strategy as MPs launched a parliamentary bid to limit tax powers in the event of a chaotic exit from the EU.

Labour has signalled it would back the cross-party amendment to the Finance Bill today, tabled by ex-ministers Yvette Cooper and Nicky Morgan, which seeks to force the government to take a no-deal Brexit off the table.