Enough is Enough | Page 5 | Vital Football

Enough is Enough

Agreed. Ken McNaught would be getting pelters on here as when he first joined he struggled for form , but when he paired up with Allan Evans it all gelled.

They made the perfect partnership.
They also had Jimmy Rimmer behind them. Many a time he bailed out the defense but also with him in goal you were kept on your toes. Imagine him in goal with the current defense, we'd concede fewer goals sure but it could be carnage.

Come the end of season first assess the management and see how they have coped with the squad. If they haven't performed get rid and appointment a new management team asap. Clear out, release any and all players not required.

Time for this club to get real and sort things out, enough is enough.

So let me see if I've got this right, we have a new manager who has been in the job about three and a half months, he's inherited Steve Bruces team, we are almost at the end of the Jan transfer window and if there is no improvement by the end of the season you want to get rid of him? Without him even having the chance to build his own squad? You want to enter into the manager merry go round, again?

Not so long ago he was praised for the immediate impact he had on the playing style, we went from sitting deep hoofball to an entertaining team to watch, even so you don't want to give this lifetime Villan a chance to build his own team and lead the club he loves with a passion, because of a few bad performances and a lot of draws, do you need reminding that it wasn't that long ago that if we went behind by even one goal is was pretty much game over?

I think it's time for some fans to get real and sort themselves out, enough is enough.

PS UTV!:utv:

Apparently it was Ken McNaught's suggestion to move Alan Evans back to centre back. Saunders was always open to ideas and gave it a try.
I recently read The Odd Man Out. A very informative read.

So let me see if I've got this right, we have a new manager who has been in the job about three and a half months, he's inherited Steve Bruces team, we are almost at the end of the Jan transfer window and if there is no improvement by the end of the season you want to get rid of him? Without him even having the chance to build his own squad? You want to enter into the manager merry go round, again?

Not so long ago he was praised for the immediate impact he had on the playing style, we went from sitting deep hoofball to an entertaining team to watch, even so you don't want to give this lifetime Villan a chance to build his own team and lead the club he loves with a passion, because of a few bad performances and a lot of draws, do you need reminding that it wasn't that long ago that if we went behind by even one goal is was pretty much game over?

I think it's time for some fans to get real and sort themselves out, enough is enough.

I say give him three games tops. SMITH OUT

Contentious but Ken was arguably Ron's poorest signing. Looked a bloody liability for quite a while after joining
Yes,ken MC naught did stuggle initially it thankfully became a villa legend.but Chris nicholl was similar.he was a disaster in his first few games.l met Chris at a villa old boys charity game at rubery he said he found life very difficult at villa.he talked of a huge,I knocked stadium a d big crowds.chris remembered his debut at millmoor where he played like a donkey.but Vic crowe stuck with him and he was a diamond for the Villa.he left us to enjoy an excellent career at the saints.ke mcnaught and Chris nicholl,how we could do with this pair now

Blimey Burridge - blast from the past. He was still playing somewhere when I first started getting into football properly - was years before I knew he played for us.

Sort of, but as usual taken completely out of context so let me outline my key points again.

First of all I was never a fan of appointing DS in the first place, for me it's an appointment that lacks imagination, but as for all Villa managers I hope he is successful.
It is fairly clear that promotion this season is an outside bet especially as injuries have robbed us of our best players , and as you rarely get bargains in January my argument is why spend big money now on a failed campaign when you could possibly get better value for money in the summer. And let's not forget we are going to have to have a major squad rebuild in the summer as well. So if you accept that argument then why not see how DS coaches this squad until the summer to see how the team progresses and if DS is that man to be trusted with what could be the most important summer transfer period for the foreseeable future? Not saying he won't be but surely the intelligent thing to do is to see how the season has gone with the players at the club.

Personally I don't care or think it's important that DS is a Villa fan, I just want a manager to succeed, and that is what we all want. The other point of this thread was to say that surely we have to stop spending large tranfer fees and wages and start cutting our cloth accordingly. It is true that quite a few high earners leave the club in the summer, and this is a perfect opportunity to get our house in order financially at least. I hope this clears a few points up.

Sort of, but as usual taken completely out of context so let me outline my key points again.

First of all I was never a fan of appointing DS in the first place, for me it's an appointment that lacks imagination, but as for all Villa managers I hope he is successful.
It is fairly clear that promotion this season is an outside bet especially as injuries have robbed us of our best players , and as you rarely get bargains in January my argument is why spend big money now on a failed campaign when you could possibly get better value for money in the summer. And let's not forget we are going to have to have a major squad rebuild in the summer as well. So if you accept that argument then why not see how DS coaches this squad until the summer to see how the team progresses and if DS is that man to be trusted with what could be the most important summer transfer period for the foreseeable future? Not saying he won't be but surely the intelligent thing to do is to see how the season has gone with the players at the club.

Personally I don't care or think it's important that DS is a Villa fan, I just want a manager to succeed, and that is what we all want. The other point of this thread was to say that surely we have to stop spending large tranfer fees and wages and start cutting our cloth accordingly. It is true that quite a few high earners leave the club in the summer, and this is a perfect opportunity to get our house in order financially at least. I hope this clears a few points up.

Doubt if we're spending big money now. If they can find the odd player who genuinely improves the squad then I can't see we've anything to lose.

All managers are under scrutiny, including DS. What I think the club will be asking is he the manager who can take this club forwards (rather than will he get us promoted this summer). They obviously thought he was when they appointed him. Unless major doubts creep in I think they'll back him.

Get a good player who fits in now has advantages, if you can do it at a sensible fee, because anything which improves the performance of the team has a knock on effect.

Yes, its that sensible fee bit this time of year is the problem, although I agree if you can find a bargain why not. I suppose I feel this is a rare opportunity for the club to take stock and really plan for the next campaign.