Enough is Enough | Vital Football

Enough is Enough

Wurzel

Vital Football Legend
Right time to look at the strategy for the remainder of the season. First of all promotion or playoffs is a pipe dream. Not another penny spent in the window, save it for the summer, we are going to need it. Tell the manager and all the players they are playing for their future and they have till the end of the season to prove they deserve to be at the club. Come the end of season first assess the management and see how they have coped with the squad. If they haven't performed get rid and appointment a new management team asap. Clear out, release any and all players not required. Do not spend premiership money or wages on any new signings. They want premiership money, get us in the premiership. Time for this club to get real and sort things out, enough is enough.

Whelan, Bjarnason, Taylor, Elmo, Adomah, Lansbury, Elphick, Jedinak, Hogan need binning. Grealish will almost certainly go and likely for a big fee. The loan players will all go back. Most likely Kodjia will go as well, possibly we might get a decent fee for him.

Thats up to 16 players who have been used as squad regulars all going. Obviously some will be harder to get rid of than others (lansbury, Hogan) but hopefully we can offload them.

That would leave us with

Kalinic, Steer, Nyland, Bree, Hutton, Chester, McGinn, Hourihane, Davis that are currently in the squad.

Added to this the loaned out players.

Clark, Green, RHM who might be given a go.

Tshibola, mccormack, Gardner, de laet who more likely will go.

Then you've got the youngsters who are currently with us.

Bedeau, Revan, JDH, O'Hare, Blackett-Taylor

Thats a hell of a lot of work to do for Smith and the recruitment/scouting team to do. The fact is this summer we need big changes.

Hutton & Steer won't get another contract, stuck with McGateface, possibly Tshibola (depending on his wage). Scum can't buy Gardner. Whelan has another year I think as does Lansbury.

Big opportunity this summer, but still can't get rid of all the shite. I'm looking at the last 3 seasons as a wasted opportunity already.

Gardeners had a decent season for then so I think someone will have him. Surely we can't have given whelan a 3 year deal, surely.

So if DS hasn't turned this shower of shite into diamonds by the summer, get rid?

Might as well get rid of him now then.
No I didn't say that did I? DS is supposed to be coach and I would like to see some style of play being employed by the team before the end of the season. If we are still getting spanked by relegation candidates in the remaining games then why would anybody trust him to spend large sums of cash?

As I said enough is enough, we have had the best part of a decade of chancers taking the piss and bleeding the club dry and short changing the fans. It has to stop.

Too many overhyped players on ridiculous wages at this club who basically have no hunger or desire to be a success football wise for themselves or more importantly this club. Success to them is the bank balance . I don't like singling players out but even this morning Kodija injured or not is pictured beaming at the airport going off on a jolly rather than being at the game supporting the lads .
We've had this before with Bent out shopping at HMV on a matchday.
This club is a soft touch and has been for a long long time now.
What we must stop is spending good money on the wrong players and start developing the academy lads and stop giving them away for peanuts.

Agreed, we need to stop acting like a Premiership fat cat and start running the club as a hungry wannabe. Make the players want it, not expect it.

Agreed, we need to stop acting like a Premiership fat cat and start running the club as a hungry wannabe. Make the players want it, not expect it.

Yep. I've said for years we need to change up how we recruit. All we've done is throw money around signing loads of players instead of even trying to develop our own. We should be spending our money wisely on a few high quality players, use our scouts to get us a few bargains and develop our own academy lads.

Come the end of season first assess the management and see how they have coped with the squad. If they haven't performed get rid and appointment a new management team asap.

Maybe I read that wrong then.

But yeah, I don't disagree. As I mentioned in the match thread, only a month or so ago we were talking about how great the football was under Dean. It's all gone tits up since the Albion robbery, and losing Grealish has been a huge blow.

Smith already came with a reputation for having a style, and we've seen a bit of that but if we're not going to bring in players in this window, I think it would be harsh to judge him come the summer. He needs the summer and next season. Otherwise we're starting over again.

I do agree things at the club have to change fundamentally. It seems too many of them think they're social media stars and gangsta rappers rather than footballers. Most of them annoy the shit out of me.

No I didn't say that did I? DS is supposed to be coach and I would like to see some style of play being employed by the team before the end of the season. If we are still getting spanked by relegation candidates in the remaining games then why would anybody trust him to spend large sums of cash?

As I said enough is enough, we have had the best part of a decade of chancers taking the piss and bleeding the club dry and short changing the fans. It has to stop.
I think that very rich men have done most of the bleeding financially, but I get you point that the average supporter pays with more than just money - a small part of his/her sole is given.

Corrected

Come on lads, steady on. Calm down. Don't panic. We just started 2019 with two shit matches. That's all. Deeply disappointing yes; if only we'd won we'd be nicely placed in 7th, not slumming it down in 12th. But we're not done yet.

Look at DS's record so far:
1) One win then two losses in October, not unexpected considering what he'd inherited. But signs of improvement.
2) Very good November, three wins and draw. Including beating Real Derby away. The defence looked not so rocky and we looked pretty good going forwards.
3) Reasonable December, won one lost one (Leeds) drew three. The month we'd been dreading, wasn't great but not at all bad in the end, in spite of Jack then Alex getting injured.
4) One loss (in the league) January. Poor performance. Plus one poor cup loss.

I reckon he's done pretty well so far, up to this month. This month is a wake up call; it shows we can't guarantee good performances. Especially with Jack and Alex out. We need that sorted.

So, an open question where we go to next. We're still only 5 points away from the playoffs. Can we recover from these last two shit performances? If we get Jack and Alex back yes, but we need to do that sooner. Not sure how, but I think we can. Hope DS has some ideas.

When I looked at the team sheet I thought we were missing something in the middle of the pitch. We were, and it was critical. Think DS has to solve that. Think he also has to start playing a regular formation. Players need to confidence of playing together.

I still live in hope.

Also Smith needs to go back to his gung ho style and ditch the sitting deep. No one up top either.
That would be nice, but I can't see it with JG & AT out. I'd like to see James Bree & Axel T as central defenders, fullbacks ... anybody's guess. Shame Grealish is out but if he came back he'd just be kicked to shit again anyway.

I'm not impressed, they've had a full week since the fa cup debacle some who didn't feature have had longer, then they deliver that excuse for a performance. Taking the piss is what it is . I've stopped doing Away games largely as I won't be taken for a fool .

There must be some massive disconnect between DS and the players, musn't there? Surely he doesn't send them out to produce a shambles like that? What is going on during the game? Hey boss .. shouldn't we have a shot on target yet? It's all so piss poor.

Personally I would now set a target that the starting 11 will be players that are

a) Under 28 years old
b) Actually belong to Aston Villa (or loan with a view to permenant)

and anyone who doesn't fit in to that, if they are to get in, must be playing like Lionel Messi

It's time to start putting this club right, and it will take time, but as long as I can see what they are trying to do, I will give them that time, and although losses will be disappointing, I will understand that they may be needed for the long term good - , but sorry, if the likes of Taylor, Bolassie and co continue to get picked and fail - I will not support the manager.

On Taylor, I actually feel very sorry for him, he seems a very good honest professional, and he used to be a very good full back at this level and possibly higher, but it is abundantly clear that the Coleman tackle has taken something from him, he is not the same player, and it baffles me how two very experienced and very well paid managers have failed to see it

Last edited:
Come on lads, steady on. Calm down. Don't panic. We just started 2019 with two shit matches. That's all. Deeply disappointing yes; if only we'd won we'd be nicely placed in 7th, not slumming it down in 12th. But we're not done yet.

Look at DS's record so far:
1) One win then two losses in October, not unexpected considering what he'd inherited. But signs of improvement.
2) Very good November, three wins and draw. Including beating Real Derby away. The defence looked not so rocky and we looked pretty good going forwards.
3) Reasonable December, won one lost one (Leeds) drew three. The month we'd been dreading, wasn't great but not at all bad in the end, in spite of Jack then Alex getting injured.
4) One loss (in the league) January. Poor performance. Plus one poor cup loss.

I reckon he's done pretty well so far, up to this month. This month is a wake up call; it shows we can't guarantee good performances. Especially with Jack and Alex out. We need that sorted.

So, an open question where we go to next. We're still only 5 points away from the playoffs. Can we recover from these last two shit performances? If we get Jack and Alex back yes, but we need to do that sooner. Not sure how, but I think we can. Hope DS has some ideas.

When I looked at the team sheet I thought we were missing something in the middle of the pitch. We were, and it was critical. Think DS has to solve that. Think he also has to start playing a regular formation. Players need to confidence of playing together.

I still live in hope.

The players need a Fukin rocket, they need dropping, they need being left out, they need told they can leave, they need their wages ££££££££ stopping. Sell them all