Enough is Enough | Page 3 | Vital Football

Enough is Enough

The problem is we only have 4 players worth keeping. Chester, McGinn, Hourihane and Grealish.

Chances are 2 of them will be tempted by big money moves in the summer.

So we're left with Chester, Hourihane and a HUGE rebuilding job.

In my humble Chester is our most overrated player.
He’s to short & slow to be a centre back & cant pass the ball which is a must for modern day defenders.

Chester has been awful since the blues game, but he's been playing through injury since the international break just before that game. Now he's not our only centre half we shouldn't be risking him making his injury worse.

The defence is as bad if not worse than when Jedinak played at CB. Speaking of which where on Earth is Jedi he's been out for months now

Chester has been awful since the blues game, but he's been playing through injury since the international break just before that game. Now he's not our only centre half we shouldn't be risking him making his injury worse.

Chester was carried by Terry last year which made him look half decent now he’s showing he’s really not very good.
Don’t think he should be rested think he should be dropped & we should be playing Elphick & Hause.
I know a few wolves fans & they rated Hause very highly & think he could become a top defender. Don’t think he should be written off after one game.

Deano you genuinely feel Hourihane is worth keeping?

Surely only as a squad player?

Yes, I rate him highly. Most underrated player I can ever remember in a Villa shirt.

The number of assists and goals he's produced in the past 2 years must be the highest of any player in the division? Certainly top 5.

Chester is a great player in an organised defence.

But he's not good enough to carry a defence.

John Terry in his hey day would look poor alongside Elphick, Taylor and Bree, add to that a joke of a keeper and it's just disaster. (Nyland not Kalinic)

Chester is a great player in an organised defence.

But he's not good enough to carry a defence.

John Terry in his hey day would look poor alongside Elphick, Taylor and Bree, add to that a joke of a keeper and it's just disaster. (Nyland not Kalinic)

Chester has done fine playing for Wales. But he has reasonably good players around him. And he plays right side not left. One problem we have is that other clubs have become adept at working out players' weaknesses and targetting them.

If Heuse turns out OK when he's up to speed, he can be left CB and let Elphick/Chester/Bree fight it out for right CB. But it may take time. Think we'll have to hope that we just somehow play better in the immediate future.

Chester is a donkey being asked to run the derby , watching him trying to play out of defence yesterday was painful. All Wigan had to do was run towards him and he'd lose it time after time.
He's a no-nonsense hoof it away CB not John Stones

Give Mr Smith this window and next summer to dump the waste and get his own team together then we can start judging.

Enough is enough and Brexit means Brexit.
A few weeks ago, we were all purring with pleasure.

I suppose being immersed in the trials and tribulations of the good ship Villa does help protect one from all the horrors going on on the Brexit front :innocent:

Reactions: BBJ
OK, this is a provocative question, what's the difference between Dean Smith and Tim Sherwood?

now its Monday and we have all calmed down a touch, just wondering if we could cancel the loan deals of our 2 wonder wingers who many including myself, wonder what they bring or have done that makes us want them?
There must be cheaper longterm better options from the Lowe leagues to blood than these 2.
why play a player from Everton that will only benefit them long term in terms of his fitness than us bloodying one of our own even.

The 2 loan deals that have come off are baham and Axel...if you don't mention hisinjury record!
The others can go back from whence they came for me, in fact after saturday I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of any of them, but realise no other club would want players lacking energy, skill, ball control and even caring about the club they play for.