Enough is Enough | Page 2 | Vital Football

Enough is Enough

Time for Deano to earn his corn.We will soon see if he can handle this job. It is true that he has inherited some dross and in my opinion ALL of the defence needs changing. They are Sunday League standard at best. He is beginning to look old already! A common trait for Villa managers in recent years. Of course he needs time to mould a team, but phrases like ' I didn't see that coming' after each defeat make him sound nieve. I hold out some hope for him until he says ' we go again'.
UTV.
Les

Villan - the problem is far deeper than jjust missing Jack. SOmeone else mentioned on the game thread that Jack and Axel seem to be getting better players with every game they don't play.

People forget - when Steve Bruce was sacked we were 16th in the league, were suffering farces against Preston and were having cabbages thrown - both Jack and Axel played virtually every game.

And even under Smith, the good is remembered and the rest conveniently forgotten about.

Yes, we played well v Derby and Boro (I will point out teams that have suffered pumellings from a number of the bigger sides) , but you forget, with Jack and Axel and SMith - we lost to Norwich, Ipswich, conceded 5 v Forest ,and defended like absolute idiots in every game.

Something is wrong down there, what I don't know, but it is deeper than Jack Grealish and Axel Tuanzebe

And if it is them - then the problems are MUCH worse than we all think because, wake up to this fact, neither of them will be here next season, and maybe not even next month !

Villan - the problem is far deeper than jjust missing Jack. SOmeone else mentioned on the game thread that Jack and Axel seem to be getting better players with every game they don't play.

People forget - when Steve Bruce was sacked we were 16th in the league, were suffering farces against Preston and were having cabbages thrown - both Jack and Axel played virtually every game.

And even under Smith, the good is remembered and the rest conveniently forgotten about.

Yes, we played well v Derby and Boro (I will point out teams that have suffered pumellings from a number of the bigger sides) , but you forget, with Jack and Axel and SMith - we lost to Norwich, Ipswich, conceded 5 v Forest ,and defended like absolute idiots in every game.

Something is wrong down there, what I don't know, but it is deeper than Jack Grealish and Axel Tuanzebe

And if it is them - then the problems are MUCH worse than we all think because, wake up to this fact, neither of them will be here next season, and maybe not even next month !

Nope we haven't played Ipswich under DS. He lost to Norwich and QPR in his second and third games (but played a lot better). Then only mighty Leeds and lowly Wigan. The rest were mainly pretty good, except in December the players started to look whacked.

Don't think you can complain about last year. This year so far has been rubbish. It happens. I think his subs have been OK until today, when the three changes were ineffective; he said so himself. Was crying out for Davis to come on; he could have been the extra support which Tammy needed.

Nope we haven't played Ipswich under DS. He lost to Norwich and QPR in his second and third games (but played a lot better). Then only mighty Leeds and lowly Wigan. The rest were mainly pretty good, except in December the players started to look whacked.

Don't think you can complain about last year. This year so far has been rubbish. It happens. I think his subs have been OK until today, when the three changes were ineffective; he said so himself. Was crying out for Davis to come on; he could have been the extra support which Tammy needed.

I’m a big fan of Davis but we could have played four up front and wouldn’t have helped, the ball was stuck in our half like it was on a string

A night’s sleep hasn’t helped, that was truly a horror show. Not quite sure how we come back from this.

I'm pissing myself about the DS out of his depth, not good enough.
Another Classic on here, the playoffs have gone, plan for next season.
we are 2 wins from a playoff spot in which every team has lost 2 lge games on the trot.
Let the man build his squad before we panic, well some on here have hit panic already.
We all wanted this player or that player to have a go as Bruce didnt play them.
perhaps Bruce was right, half the squad is cack.
Cant Blame Smith for that.
it could click again next game or next season, who knows but give the guy a break.
We can all see his choice of line up is limited , even worse after we lost our 2 best performers, how would he know losing these 2 would expose how poor we are.
Ever thought our youth set up under the last few years of none expert guidance and failing club is resulting in poor players coming through?
in Smith we Trust.

Let's see where we come May, does anyone want to bet we are not in the top 6 if so get down the bookies and bet against it.

All the team above us are so superior to us, i doubt that and you ask their fans they are all like us , they win some they lose some and there really isn't a wolves or Cardiff this season , there are however a fair few who could do a Fulham including us

The problem is we only have 4 players worth keeping. Chester, McGinn, Hourihane and Grealish.

Chances are 2 of them will be tempted by big money moves in the summer.

So we're left with Chester, Hourihane and a HUGE rebuilding job.

When Dean arrived he got them playing a positive, high intensity game with Jack running midfield and Axel bringing the ball out of defence and Tammy knocking in a fair few of the chances the positive approach provided him with. The others raised their game a fair bit as well. A couple of iffy performances and the loss of two players has seen a lowering of positivity. The likes of Hourihane, Bjarnarsson and Whelan can't keep up that intensity of play so they've reverted to type. They've gone back to safety first sideways and backwards passing that doesn't require them to make gut busting forward runs. A midfield with that trio isn't going to worry opposition teams prepared to have a go. McGinn is the only one with any life in him.
The fact that the defence is a gift that keeps giving isn't helping.

When Dean arrived he got them playing a positive, high intensity game with Jack running midfield and Axel bringing the ball out of defence and Tammy knocking in a fair few of the chances the positive approach provided him with. The others raised their game a fair bit as well. A couple of iffy performances and the loss of two players has seen a lowering of positivity. The likes of Hourihane, Bjarnarsson and Whelan can't keep up that intensity of play so they've reverted to type. They've gone back to safety first sideways and backwards passing that doesn't require them to make gut busting forward runs. A midfield with that trio isn't going to worry opposition teams prepared to have a go. McGinn is the only one with any life in him.
The fact that the defence is a gift that keeps giving isn't helping.

This analysis is the best I’ve seen on here for years. They are reverting to type and in the process trying to get a second manager sacked.

The lack of pace and energy across the whole team is noticeable. Seem to have completely lost our zip. Has some bluenose got a job in the bodymoor heath kitchen?

How have Leeds, Wolves and Fulham turned it around so quickly ? Having such a disruptive summer has taken its toll.

A revolutionary tactic whereby when a bloke passes the ball to a team mate instead of just standing still admiring what a lovely pass they'd just made they move, sometimes even running the cheats, into space so as to give the player they just passed to another option. Not sure if anyone at villa bar Jack Grealish is familiar with this new fangled idea though.

A revolutionary tactic whereby when a bloke passes the ball to a team mate instead of just standing still admiring what a lovely pass they'd just made they move, sometimes even running the cheats, into space so as to give the player they just passed to another option. Not sure if anyone at villa bar Jack Grealish is familiar with this new fangled idea though.

Exactly. Grealish is a natural for this sort of play. We saw enough in DS's early games to know that with him pulling the strings the other players WILL do the moves and fit in. Trouble is with him out "Fit in" is not enough; players have to start showing initiative, leadership. We went off the boil a bit towards the end of December and out it down to tiredness, but maybe it was just Jack no being there.

Having said that, in those December matches we were nowhere near as bad as over the last two, so we ARE capable of playing without Jack. We have to get back to that.

As far ditching nearly all the squad, get real. This is the Championship. The players individually are no worse than other teams and maybe better than most. What we have to do is build a balanced TEAM, which is how other Championship sides do it. We're the odd player short, particularly with Jack out.