Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM | Page 11 | Vital Football

Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM

4 points off the playoffs, 7 off the automatics, a positive goal difference. What not to like?

But most of all, the sort of performance which has Villa stamped all over it. No grinding out a victory by a lucky goal. We should have scored more. If Dean can sort out the misfires up front we'll be a hell of a side.

Wonder what Sawaris and Edens are thinking. Probably pretty happy.

Sawaris and Edens are, without a doubt thinking, "Why the fuck did we wait so long".

I think they have acted in a calm and considered manner. Credit to them.

Early days yet , but it looks like they have got their first major decision spot on.

Surprised there's not a thread for this yet... maybe we're all dreading it a little?

Can't honestly see us getting anything from this. Friday night was a definite improvement, but Bolton were piss poor and still had their chances. Derby are unlikely to be so wasteful and we're yet to get a point on the road under Smith. Can't see that changing here. 3-1 Derby.

Would you be happy to backtrack on this now Deano :lol:

I don’t give a shit how we beat the blues, 1-0, 5-4 or 8-0 as long as we win.

But if we can stick a couple past Forest and do Boro away that’ll send a few shock waves through the leagues and we won’t be 22/1 for much longer
Already on us at double carpet

I think they have acted in a calm and considered manner. Credit to them.

Early days yet , but it looks like they have got their first major decision spot on.

Absolutely

Im not sure what world people live in where they think that having been allowed to sign a load of players that Bruce was going to be sacked within a short time.

They acted at exactly the right time . In fact it was slightly earlier than I expected and they haven't shown themselves to be knee jerk reaction type people. I would have been worried about the owners judgement going forward had they booted Bruce too soon having backed him so well
Bruce was given time for all the signings to play and .....
Well we know the rest.

What the hell just happened? I've just woken up in San Diego and can't believe my eyes!

Could be alien abduction or possibly a worm hole, no idea how you'll get back without a passport, maybe get one of the family to send it over, I doubt the embassy will believe you, good luck(y)

And the supposed best side in the league this season just got tanked :toot:
Last season we gave the best team in the league a good hiding but then went on a terrible run that probably cost us promotion.

I cannot see Dean Smith letting the standards fall from here and he will expect more after this. Same players as SB but what a difference some coaching and player management brings.

The rest of the league will be sitting up and taking notice of the players in this team.

And Jack didn't get booked, so will be playing against the scum - he will be fired up and will hopefully rip them a new arsehole!!!

UTV
VTID
HEITS

Dean smith has talked about being able to control your emotions during a game, as the season progessis this will be vital because expectation levels will rise very quickly.

I was expecting 3-0, but not to the good guys. In the end, should have been 10!
How good is tuanzebe getting? Smith had words with him about that ball down the middle but Chez had already watched it bounce over his head.
Let’s hope this is the beginning of something special and not a one-off.

Oh, and a quote from “rams talk”:
‘I thought Villa were very beatable tbh, thought they showed almost nothing’.
How are the grapes tasting pal, bit sour?

Saw the goals late last night.

Hourihane's free kick was a bit special wasn't it? Let's hope this is just the start not another false dawn.

Come on You Lions!