Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM | Page 10 | Vital Football

Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM

And the supposed best side in the league this season just got tanked :toot:

Yeah. Watching that tonight I kept thinking how some on here were giving Leeds the league in September and their manager was the best thing ever. It's a long long season........

I thought Leeds were poor. Wasteful in possession, misplaced passes. Was Bruce in charge of them tonight ?

I remember the last we won 3-0 at Derby [Baseball Ground - 27Dec77], that was a magic game to be at, Christmas time, Deehan, Gray & Little. It's just so damned good to see this happening:guiness::guiness::guiness:

Just got back that was quite superb.

I t wasn't that we won it was the manner of the victory , we took the game to Derby and if honest should have been out of sight well before we scored.

The first half was a very open game with both teams having good chances and credit to Nyland for an absolute worldie to tip one over the bar , but the second half , we absolutley battered them and never gave them a sniff , fast , slick high tempo football with fantastic movement off the ball , we always weemed to have a man spare and picked up virtually every second ball and were relentless in going forward . None of this sit back and try and nick a goal on the break and defend it malarkey.

One of the best away days for years and the key is now is to replicate that level of performance time and time again , but I am confident we will as the players look so much improved that they are virtually unrecognisable from 6 weeks ago.

As the bloke sitting next to me said "If Smith was manager last season we would have gone up automatically" and I couldn't argue with that after what I saw today.

Not long back........that Vital Villans was one of the most complete 90 mins of AVFC away day football I've seen for a very very long time! My away day blues are well and truly over! I was at Derby last season and the difference today was startling. Taking the game to the opposition, working hard all over the pitch, creating chances galore and other than a dodgy ten minutes towards the end of the first half, disciplined in defence. McGinn outstanding again and thought Abraham despite missing a few chances, led the line really well throughout. Quick shout for Nyland as well. Didn't put a foot wrong today and whilst having nothing much to do second half he had an excellent first half with one outstanding save tipping a shot over the bar when it was seemingly heading for the top corner....! Absolutely bloody brilliant away day! Utv! :utv:

Just got back that was quite superb.

I t wasn't that we won it was the manner of the victory , we took the game to Derby and if honest should have been out of sight well before we scored.

The first half was a very open game with both teams having good chances and credit to Nyland for an absolute worldie to tip one over the bar , but the second half , we absolutley battered them and never gave them a sniff , fast , slick high tempo football with fantastic movement off the ball , we always weemed to have a man spare and picked up virtually every second ball and were relentless in going forward . None of this sit back and try and nick a goal on the break and defend it malarkey.

One of the best away days for years and the key is now is to replicate that level of performance time and time again , but I am confident we will as the players look so much improved that they are virtually unrecognisable from 6 weeks ago.

As the bloke sitting next to me said "If Smith was manager last season we would have gone up automatically" and I couldn't argue with that after what I saw today.
Can't argue with any of that Sir Dennis. It was so refreshing to see us continue to bomb forwards even when we were 3 up! Second half was just pure joy from start to finish!

Yes Axel gets better as each game goes by but I'd like to see him back at right back for the Blues game with Jedinak at centre half.....we all know it makes sense.....:grinning:

Just seen Lampards reaction to the loss, he comes across with a lot of class, you wouldn't think he's only been in the job for 2mins.

It's funny how you can see that he is cut out for management. I don't know what it is about the modern game but it's like a crash course and you can tell within a short space of time these days if a manager can do the job or not. Derby is not an easy job either so fair play to him.

Isn't it just so bloody great to finally hope the tide has turned, this result will get noticed by everyone in this league - dare we start to sing "Villa are Back" to the tune of you know what