Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM | Page 12 | Vital Football

Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM

I was expecting 3-0, but not to the good guys. In the end, should have been 10!
How good is tuanzebe getting? Smith had words with him about that ball down the middle but Chez had already watched it bounce over his head.
Let’s hope this is the beginning of something special and not a one-off.

Yes. Saw that defensive mix up with Chester on the highlights . Still worries me our defence which is strange as we have 2 clean sheets in a row . Just seems there is a clanger in us every game. Whether GK or defence .

Yes. Saw that defensive mix up with Chester on the highlights . Still worries me our defence which is strange as we have 2 clean sheets in a row . Just seems there is a clanger in us every game. Whether GK or defence .

Know what you mean mate but I think we now have a manager who thinks like you and me. He'll be happy with the good bits but will focus on the bad bits and put them right. He certainly won't be dining out on the win he'll have them back training hard tomorrow and focusing on what we can do even better. I'd like to thinks so anyway

Glad I gave you access to Vital Villa now!!!

Me too. Decent and deserved victory.

5 shots on target to your 1 from roughly 50/50 possession 1st half should have seen us 1, maybe 2, up at HT. At this point I wasn't worried as we have a tendency to be better 2nd half and really dangerous in the last quarter of an hour. I should have been. 2nd half Villa came out and dominated most of the half. The goal when it came was far from unexpected. We lost Bennett to a hamstring, Forsyth knee injury that looks bad and Huddelstone was little more than a passenger with an ankle problem. That shouldn't diminish your performance though. Since we got the "Lampard message" about 5 or 6 games into the campain, we have not been outplayed by anyone, including Man U and Chelsea. That speaks volumes for the Villa 2nd half performance.

Where did that performance come from though? Probably the same place as our omprovement did. With us the players finally got the Lamps ideas and wishes. The Villa players now appear to have got the Smith/Terry message and, arguably for the first time this season, we saw the Villa team rather than a collection of 11 more than capable individual players. If that is the case then you, along with us and more than half a dozen other very good sides in this League will be up there fighting for promotion.

Just one more word from me....... congratulations.

You outplayed us yesterday. You did to us what we have been doing to other sides in the last month or so. We didn't close down and we defended too deep and eventually received what we deserved.

Can see you going on a decent run now, just hope our injury problems and form comes back after the International break.

Anyway a well-deserved winrams v villa.jpg

Attachments

• rams v villa.jpg
    rams v villa.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
Had a fantastic day yesterday my girlfriend who is a Newcastle fan wanted to do an away day with me and what a great one to pick and she absolutely loved it and was really impressed with the Villa. Suppose it was hard to argue with that second half performance it was simply brilliant got talking to some Derby fans in the pub after the game and fair play to em they were truly magnanimous in defeat. But what a difference it is play 90 minutes on the front foot we never once looked in trouble. Also thought Nyland actually looked like a goal keeper yesterday and come off his line and claimed a few balls out of the air. McGinn fucking awesome again we need to go up this season to keep him because he's prem class no doubt about it.

Yes, fair play. I've always liked Derby and it's good to see that Frank has started well and got you playing some good stuff. I would be happy to see you finishing second behind us for automatic promotion..!

Lots of derby fans now developing a narrative where they were better than us first half. Load of swallocks - we were at least evenly matched but in fairness they had chances toward h/t when we could have already been 3 or 4 up.
21 shots and three goals is all they need to know

Lots of derby fans now developing a narrative where they were better than us first half. Load of swallocks - we were at least evenly matched but in fairness they had chances toward h/t when we could have already been 3 or 4 up.
21 shots and three goals is all they need to know

Possession 1st half was something like 48%-52% in Villa's favour. Villa 6 shots and 1 on target. Derby 8 shots and 5 on target. I'm not developing a narrative merely stating what I saw. Open play was even stevens 1st half but we could (maybe should) have been up by 1 or 2 come half time as we did more with the ball and created better chances than you did. 2nd half, only one team in it and it wasn't Derby..........

Not sure how you get 3 or 4 up by HT with just one shot on target though. Another day, another game, you would have more shots on target than you did first half but shots wide and/or over are simply bad shots and get what they deserve. Nothing.

Yesterday was horrible! 21 attempts at goal, continually going forward, players in their proper positions, recognisable shape and tactics. Garbage! What the f is going on? What happened to sideways and backwards? Why is Tuanzebe not playing full back? Constant crosses into their box - what’s that all about?? Any more of this, I might start enjoying myself! Wibble, wibble, - Nurse! Think my injection is wearing off......... Smith Out!!......wibble....

MadAmster, I wasn’t particularly referring to you although you’re doing it a bit too now you mention it. We had a lot of first half attacks that were ruined by poor finishing. A couple of yours in that half were at least on target but same end result. We’ll all see things differently and that’s one of the joys of the beautiful game. But the idea that derby edged first half I’d disagree with, very much honours even for me. Anyway, all history now. Will expect another rip roarer when we host derby and who knows which way it’ll go.

Stats are sometimes very misleading, ie you can have 3 powderpuff 30 yarders that trickle through to the keeper on target or you can rattle the woodwork from 6 yards 3 times with the keeper beaten and they are off target. I know which are closer to going in.

You've been doing pretty well. Like us I think you'll keep on improving and will be right up there at the end of the season.

The return match at our place will be interesting; think you'll be up for it!

Blessing in disguise, I can't for the life of me see Taylor as even an average fullback .

Well the delivery from Elmo is better than the other full backs so I would be tempted to play him and Hutton.

To be fair Taylor was looking good as well yesterday. It's amazing what a bit of coaching can do.

MadAmster, I wasn’t particularly referring to you although you’re doing it a bit too now you mention it. We had a lot of first half attacks that were ruined by poor finishing. A couple of yours in that half were at least on target but same end result. We’ll all see things differently and that’s one of the joys of the beautiful game. But the idea that derby edged first half I’d disagree with, very much honours even for me. Anyway, all history now. Will expect another rip roarer when we host derby and who knows which way it’ll go.
I do ?