Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM | Page 9 | Vital Football

Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM

My 2-1 defeat prediction was absolutely shite......at least I got he number of goals right!!!
You know what, we might just have a decent football team here!
UTV

Some great crosses for the goals and 3 villa players in the box when one of them came in. The template, is being set for how we play and move forward, let's not get carried away and stay focused and keep improving, get in that top 6 as soon as possible then it's anyone's.

So different from the 4-5-1 shit we used to play where we’d have one player in the box at times, occasionally two.

It’s the small increments that make all this difference - 5 more minutes of fitness, another player in the box, being half a yard closer with marking, playing the ball one touch quicker.

Just seen the goals, what a free kick from Connor. See exactly what you mean PVB about more players in the box

Can't underestimate 2 weeks worth of training with Smith et al after the whirlwind of games that greeted them straight after the international break.

And we could chuffing well do without another one now aswell .

For a 50 something man I feel like a child again, total overreaction probably but it just smells so right

We’re 9 points off norwich, which is nothing. No team is as strong as wolves last season, and I don’t see any team being as solid and consistent as Cardiff we’re so we’re still very much in the race for automatic with 29 games left of the season (29!)

Usually I’d be mad at the fact that there’s an international break after such a beautiful performance but all it does is give DS more time with our players on the training ground. Their lot are already banging on about the next game lol, I’ll just milk today’s win thanks.

DS comes across as a manager where time to prepare is a good thing, he comes across as a meticulous planner and researching the oppo - I’ve nothing to base that on really just a hunch.

Whereas the previous gaffer having games closer together worked because thrashing out the same formula Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday was better because the odds are you manage to win something.

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it, what with the next being what it is :grinning:

Great result, yet to see the highlights but 0-3 tells me it must’ve been a great performance! From what I read in his interview DS likes to play a high pressing game (Must’ve today to win away 0-3) and takes inspiration from Pep and his Barcelona team a few years back (And probably now with City), he wants us to defend like teams such as Napoli, Chelsea etc. If we can play anything like those teams at this level, and we have the players to do so, then I can’t wait to get down to VP every other week as it’ll be very exciting! I watch a lot of European football and I’ve longed to see Villa play like some of these clubs. Forza Dean Smith!

4 points off the playoffs, 7 off the automatics, a positive goal difference. What not to like?

But most of all, the sort of performance which has Villa stamped all over it. No grinding out a victory by a lucky goal. We should have scored more. If Dean can sort out the misfires up front we'll be a hell of a side.

Wonder what Sawaris and Edens are thinking. Probably pretty happy.