Current Season vs Past Seasons | Page 3 | Vital Football

Current Season vs Past Seasons

Not that I care a jot about what the snerts & their AGENDA have to say as many are still in the pay of previous regimes & that shitehawk Percy but aren’t we pretty much exactly where we are now as we were under Psycho?

14/15:
POS: 5th
Wins: 5
Draws: 6
Loses: 1
GF: 20
GA: 11

At this point we had won 33% of our total wins for the season which is the same as last year.

A few mentions of us being in a similar position under SP. I think the difference is that already at this point performances and results had started to get worse and we were never able to turn it around.

Right now it feels to me that performances are gradually improving (bar Millwall) and this isn't a team who relies on just 2 or 3 players to get results.

A few mentions of us being in a similar position under SP. I think the difference is that already at this point performances and results had started to get worse and we were never able to turn it around.

Right now it feels to me that performances are gradually improving (bar Millwall) and this isn't a team who relies on just 2 or 3 players to get results.

Hadn't we also lost Britt, Cohen & Reid to injury.

Cracking read that AC, fair play for taking the time ??
In summary we are looking well placed, it’s so refreshing to have a season that inspires some genuine optimism. Also, I am happy to say I have been proven wrong by big Dazza Murphy, he looks so effective when he’s on the pitch. If he is used to supplement Grabban (as seemingly demonstrated to date) I think he is a cracking player to have on board.

I know a cracking owl sanctuary.....

We lost Cohen and Reid in the Derby game at home which was 6th game in; we managed to pick up good points with some pretty bad performances prior to that.

A very poor Bolton side out classed us second game in but we managed to get a draw and we were woeful against Bournemouth in the next game and somehow managed to win.

By this time promotion was a formality for some; not for anyone who went to those games.

If I remember correctly the wheels came off around this time during that season; we had a horrific run of games right up to the Derby game, the only game that sticks in the memory for the right reasons during that bad run was Wolves away in November.

The wheels truly fell off in that game Mao. Not only Reid and Cohen out for the rest of the season but also Hobbs. All in one game. They didn't return the till the next season but for all three their career was over (Hobbs has done OK at Bolton this season but is an injury waiting to happen). It got worse later that season when Assombolga got injured leaving us very threadbare. They were all missing for the following season. Just shows how things can change very quickly.

The wheels truly fell off in that game Mao. Not only Reid and Cohen out for the rest of the season but also Hobbs. All in one game. They didn't return the till the next season but for all three their career was over (Hobbs has done OK at Bolton this season but is an injury waiting to happen). It got worse later that season when Assombolga got injured leaving us very threadbare. They were all missing for the following season. Just shows how things can change very quickly.

That's the difference tho- deeper squad and quick action when things go wrong (thinking west ham kid). It's easy to bash SP but it might have been different with this owner. Ak takes much credit but at the heart of our turn around has been big m. Gave lots of cash to the kids ward in nottm and is busy rescuing the best club in the world. Says very little but is just getting on with it.

Very happy so far

That's the difference tho- deeper squad and quick action when things go wrong (thinking west ham kid). It's easy to bash SP but it might have been different with this owner. Ak takes much credit but at the heart of our turn around has been big m. Gave lots of cash to the kids ward in nottm and is busy rescuing the best club in the world. Says very little but is just getting on with it.

Very happy so far
:agree:

Murphy seems to have rediscovered his mojo this season and Grabban is finding the net on a regular basis.

Still think we are a left back and another striker away from being a top line squad in this division but we aren’t far away and at least look like being at the right end of the table for a change.

On a game by game basis I will still say my piece if players and/or the team don’t perform but in terms of the bigger picture I am more than happy with where we are at and the direction we seem to be heading.

If he is and he can stay fit then he may be the solution. Can’t be that simple though can it?

His operation to fix his fractured tibia was done in April, he should be nearing fitness