Cowley and Dons? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cowley and Dons?

I agree, something along the 'Crewe model' years ago where young players are developed and sold for a biggish profit, whilst hopefully maintaining Tier 2 status. If we happen to dip back to Tier 3, we bounce back quickly.

I just hope we get to see Appleton's Imps at our present best in the flesh, before he is snapped up by West Brom or whoever, which is inevitable.

Yep...WBA is the worry

Danny is waiting for the right opportunity, and AFCW is not it for a dozen reasons. Never forget that he is an intelligent man; as collingham says, he is better versed in the ways of football chairmen and their machinations than when he left us, so the likes of Sheffield Wednesday should be off his agenda. Ipswich and Charlton must be very high on his list of targets.

I mean everyone said hudd seemed like a bad idea and he did it and it was a bad idea? I wouldn't totally write stuff off on that's basis

Not that it makes any real difference but DC has literally just sold his house in Essex
Jason Euall (spelling) seems to be linked with AFCW

Can't see Danny and Nick going to Wimbledon. To much of a step down i think from where they hope to be.
I honestly think they might struggle to get the sort of job they are looking for , there style of play will not suit a lot of the clubs in the championship.
I cannot see them changing to the type of football that the Imps are playing now. For that reason I would not want them back here if Mapp leaves. To me it would be a backwards step.
Don't get me wrong the club and fans will always being indebted to them for giving us the kiss of life and pushing us to the glory days we had. But they did it in the necessary way with the style and players needed to do it. But we have now moved on to another level under Mapp and if he leaves ( not for a long time I hope) his successor needs to continue with the style of football we have now.

Right now? Appleton, without a doubt. Best league position in 38 years and best football...., well, ever.

Actually, it is the best league position since 17th August 2019 when we were top under the Cowleys.

Both options have taken us to the same highest position in the league.

The quality of football under MA has, however, been off the charts

Yep reading Ipswich’s Twitter I think the natives are mildly grumbling! Worth a read. Some very clear in wanting the Cowleys