Cowley and Dons? | Vital Football

Cowley and Dons?

tinnionsrightfoot

Vital Reserves Team
Danny is favourite for the Wimbledon job. I don't know what it's like behind the scenes, but I could see it. He was there as a youngster, they have a lot going on in the community, and they wouldn't mind his style of football.

Location and position are the reasons I can see it not happening. They’ll want to do their best to not uproot their family I would have thought and also want to take an underperforming team to their level, which with all respect to Wimbledon arguably they’re not right now - although history says otherwise.

That said, they have both said they’re desperate to return to managing and the emotional draw back to their first club might be enough in which Wimbledon would be very lucky.

I think Wimbledon may have a few financial issues regarding the new stadium, Not sure how they would go there unless they can bring in acouple of players out of contract pretty cheap for this season , Then readdress also i guess they would want to get the academy up and running like they did here unless wimbledon already have one and just needs tweaking, massive gamble but rewards are there to be taken with any club and you can be rest assured they would put there heart and soul in it,

I can understand the emotional appeal but can't see them joining a club which the chairman describes as having a 'relegation budget'.

There are probably only a handful of clubs outside of the Championship that DC would be interested in managing. AFC Wimbledon won't be one of them.

Last edited:
I think the timing will put him off, he cant affect any squad change until the summer so will be stuck with the players they have, after doing that for half a season at huddersfield he won't want it again. I think he is holding out for the Ipswich job at the end of this season

In some circles DC isn’t that highly regarded due to the perceived style of football. However, his results are second to none. Huddersfield have hardly improved since his departure.

In hindsight suspect there will be a tinge of regret leaving Lincoln. Given the fact he may have to take a lesser proposition to revitalise his career.

There are better jobs than Wimbledon, and the likes of Ipswich, Portsmouth, Birmingham maybe available sooner rather than later.

In some circles DC isn’t that highly regarded due to the perceived style of football. However, his results are second to none. Huddersfield have hardly improved since his departure.

In hindsight suspect there will be a tinge of regret leaving Lincoln. Given the fact he may have to take a lesser proposition to revitalise his career.

There are better jobs than Wimbledon, and the likes of Ipswich, Portsmouth, Birmingham maybe available sooner rather than later.
Think Ipswich will be the draw, Lambert probably saved himself for another week yesterday.

Birmingham wouldbe a huge mistake in my opinion asset stripping and academy closed. Cant see that one happening

Birmingham wouldbe a huge mistake in my opinion asset stripping and academy closed. Cant see that one happening

Birmingham signed some very decent players this season, including San Jose and Sanchez from Spain, the latter of whom I would have preferred to see stay at Elche. As well as Etheridge, Friend, Clayton, Toral, Hogan.

I would have thought Birmingham would be a good option for him as they'll put up with some pragmatism to get out of trouble and compared with Karanka it will still probably look like attacking football.

I don’t think Wimbledon are a very good run club. Look at how they screwed Tranmere last year. Hope they pass each other at the end of the season.