#COVID19 | Page 598 | Vital Football

#COVID19

So basically it's largely just a list of ages. As you're not happy with where teachers are on the list (not that I can see anywhere where the government has told anyone to "go swing" ) where exactly should the government have put them, should they be a special case, and what do you think is wrong with the list that you are so critical of ?
Hold on

Where have I made an argument that I'm not happy with where teachers are on the list? Teachers are not on the list and never were. The conversation started with Apollyon saying he had heard differently, which surprised me.

So where on this thread have I actually made the argument that teachers should be specially favoured?

It would be common courtesy to ask me my opinion rather than just making it up on my behalf

Is this a joke?

Only needs saying once and let's be clear, a successful healthy society and economy needs both a public and private sector. One does what the other cannot do (well). As measured by life expectancy, income, educational attainment and levels of reported satisfaction, i.e. thats not an opinion

The worlds most successful economy (the US) has 16% of its workforce employed by the state; Germany 12.9%

The UK, by comparison has 21.5%

In the G7 only France employs more than the UK with a quite laughable 25%

A bunch of Tory MP backbencher are apparently starting a revolt, thank god. Not that it’ll do anything to impact the laws imposed by the dictator Boris Johnson.

I've said it before, but Labour might have won the last election if half the Labour supporters on here had noticed that we had a democratic election less than 12 months ago. Anyone who thinks BJ is a dictator should try standing in Moscow or Beijing with a Putin out/Xi Jinping out banner and see what happens. There's a lot wrong with politics, but at least we get the chance to change things every few years.

The worlds most successful economy (the US) has 16% of its workforce employed by the state; Germany 12.9%

The UK, by comparison has 21.5%

In the G7 only France employs more than the UK with a quite laughable 25%

The French figure is so high because Public Transport is State owned in France; you will be more than aware that travelling by Train, for example, is an altogether better experience in France than it is in this Country.

The fares are generally cheaper and the rolling stock far more modern and comfortable.

Their Health Service is also World Class, most probably because it is not starved of money and is run by competent people and not the fucking wives of politicians.

Our understanding was that teachers could go swing with the rest of the population.

We'll have to see

Ok. I obviously misunderstood. So what does this mean, as it implies teachers shouldn't be treated like the rest of the population. "Go swing" also implies you aren't too happy with the way the government is allocating the vaccine.

I've said it before, but Labour might have won the last election if half the Labour supporters on here had noticed that we had a democratic election less than 12 months ago. Anyone who thinks BJ is a dictator should try standing in Moscow or Beijing with a Putin out/Xi Jinping out banner and see what happens. There's a lot wrong with politics, but at least we get the chance to change things every few years.

Every few years is far too late to save the country from what Boris has done.

It’s easy to dismiss him as being draconian as the others you’ve referenced, but actually, you aren’t allowed to do anything other than work... literally nothing. Your rights to live your life has been removed and will have been for a whole year when this is intended to go on for.

The French figure is so high because Public Transport is State owned in France; you will be more than aware that travelling by Train, for example, is an altogether better experience in France than it is in this Country.

The fares are generally cheaper and the rolling stock far more modern and comfortable.

Their Health Service is also World Class, most probably because it is not starved of money and is run by competent people and not the fucking wives of politicians.

I'm a Francophile as you know and yes, I believe it is the best place to live, I'll have a retirement home there :-)

The health service is work class because it's not got this taboo shrouding it, which wagons circle around when any modernisation is mentioned.

Is this a joke?

Only needs saying once and let's be clear, a successful healthy society and economy needs both a public and private sector. One does what the other cannot do (well). As measured by life expectancy, income, educational attainment and levels of reported satisfaction, i.e. thats not an opinion

No this is a joke chap

Why did Jesus give up on the crossword?

Because he go stuck on 2 across

That's not true and you know it. We're now facing a no deal brexit. because the establishment wanted to stop policies that would of improved people's lives.

It is true, he implored the Irish to vote against in their referendum, I also posted quotes by him and his voting history on the EU. Did you read it?

R0 down to 0.9-1.0, seems logical to impose tighter restrictions than when it was higher.

Wales is closing pubs for xmas, after they've had a circuit breaker to avoid closing pubs for xmas.

Am I dreaming this fuckwittery?