#COVID19 | Page 600 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Go on then tell me. I haven't seen a working teacher in 20 years, so why would I die next week if I don't see one ? I've lived 60 years without needing a fireman . Nowhere have I said they aren't important, but if you can't understand the relative importance of the various jobs short term, it's not me who has an addled brain.

I'm not decrying any of the professions, it's just a fact. My grandad was a policeman, my sister was a teacher, my son works in the NHS, my daughter effectively works in the NHS (self employed) , but if we have to choose what we have to survive, I will stick with the food and water , thanks.

And btw pretty sure no one was suggesting we eat key workers instead of food and water.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ar-scientist-reportedly-shot-dead-near-tehran

Iran has vowed retaliation after the architect of its nuclear programme was assassinated on a highway near Tehran, in a major escalation of tensions that risks placing the Middle East on a new war footing...There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but the Iranian foreign minister said Israel was likely to blame.

Fakhrizadeh, on a US sanctions list, was regarded as the main keeper of Iranian knowledge of its nuclear programme. A brigadier general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, and a professor of physics at the Guard’s Imam Hussein University, he was cloaked in mystery.

Until April 2018, no photograph of him was publicly available, and after the killing of several other nuclear scientists, a further shield of secrecy and security had been thrown around him, in an effort to protect him against Israeli assassins.

Don't see many Labour party members daring to suggest Israel had anything to do with it...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ar-scientist-reportedly-shot-dead-near-tehran

Iran has vowed retaliation after the architect of its nuclear programme was assassinated on a highway near Tehran, in a major escalation of tensions that risks placing the Middle East on a new war footing...There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but the Iranian foreign minister said Israel was likely to blame.

Fakhrizadeh, on a US sanctions list, was regarded as the main keeper of Iranian knowledge of its nuclear programme. A brigadier general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, and a professor of physics at the Guard’s Imam Hussein University, he was cloaked in mystery.

Until April 2018, no photograph of him was publicly available, and after the killing of several other nuclear scientists, a further shield of secrecy and security had been thrown around him, in an effort to protect him against Israeli assassins.

Don't see many Labour party members daring to suggest Israel had anything to do with it...

I know a might be in the minority here, but I don't really see how being against a number of Israeli government policies is anti-Semitic, although I'm sure the papers would say otherwise.

I'm all for attacking the right, which Netanyahu is. Attacking Israel and Jews because of this idiot is like saying all brits are ***** because of Boris though.

People are not their governments.

But I think most people fail to understand this. If someone comes from a country whose government are complete *****, they should probably get more sympathy and leeway and not be attacked.

Now I'm confused.

I quote articles which use the word 'Israel' to mean the state of Israel: the Netanyahu government as well as state apparatus like the army and the secret services.

Why should anyone confuse this with 'Jewish people worldwide'?

But there have been deliberate attempts to brainwash us into thinking they're the same thing. Hence the phony Labour anti-semitism scandal.

Now I'm confused.

I quote articles which use the word 'Israel' to mean the state of Israel: the Netanyahu government as well as state apparatus like the army and the secret services.

But there have been deliberate attempts to brainwash us into thinking they're the same thing. Hence the phony Labour anti-semitism scandal.

Exactly. What percentage of the world's Jews even live in Israel?

I'd be surprised if it was even close to half.

Now I'm confused.

What was that epiphany like for you chap?

The blindingly obvious answer is everybody needs a teacher before they can do something. Without teachers there would be no lorry drivers or nurses or anything else, we'd be living in caves. Everything u take for granted is based on education and learning.

Without teachers, there is no modern world chap.

There might be no modern world, but we'd still be alive. Read Maslow's hierarchy of wants, or study history, where hunter gatherers existed years before farmers, farmers existed years before police/ firemen etc. Anyhow, you will be pleased to know that's my last post on this matter.

So one Politician equals one Policeman, Nurse and Teacher; something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Kind of reinforces my personal view that the only person to go to the Houses of Parliament with good intentions was Guy Fawkes

yes but it also demonstrates to the fucking idiots on here who think the public sector is all pinko communists sipping champagne, like wot they’ve read in the daily mail or that Farage has told them.