#COVID19 | Page 595 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Have you seen the unemployment figures/projections?

The private sector, especially hospitality will take the biggest hit. A freeze in public sector pay shows the solidarity in society the left have long championed.

To their credit, the lowest paid and nhs are exempt. This will not mask their appalling mismanagement. We need the big corporations to start paying their fair share. Particularly the internet giants.

It’s been illegal for someone in Leicester to have a meal at somebody’s house for 255 days - absolutely disgusting.

Nottingham placed in tier 3 despite cases coming down massively and now below the national average, and yet where is the challenge to this parasite at the top?

It’s just accepted like everything else has been this year. For a country that prides itself on standing up to government, I’m baffled by how accepting people are of the decisions without rationale. Liberties taken away to this extent should be scrutinized to the nth degree, but it hasn’t been.. I honestly can’t believe it.

One things for sure, Woanz’s nickname for Boris is the most accurate thing I’ve ever heard - an absolute butcher.

Wasnt it DF who came up with that?

Tier fucking three.

Seriously, I haven't been this angry since the Cummings affair. The devastation this is going to reap on businesses here is incalculable. Northern and midland areas that are already down on their arses.

And yet London is in tier 2.

I didn't mind tier 3 when you could at least go to a cafe or restaurant. All I want is a meal out with Mrs Pope every now and then, with or without the kids.

Yet this fucking government says Londoners can eat out all they want but people in Nottingham don't get the freedom to visit a cafe or restaurant.

A lot of guff has been talked about liberty by people who could barely spell it

But I do think we have a problem when we are not all in it together and when a government is saying that people in one area can't even have a meal out while others (incidentally, in London where the politicians are based) can do so to their hearts content.

And nottingham doesn't even have a big Covid problem anymore.

Absolutely fuming.
Maybe because of this

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/concerns-raised-over-not-enough-4741154

What is Jeremy doing to support the leader then? Oh wait...
What like Starmer helped Corbyn?

This is Starmer fault! And will be in the public domain very soon.

All while Starmer been sitting on the fence for a month. or so. Corbyn been bringing those issues up that Starmer said yesterday at PMQ's.

I see the Oxford/AstraZeneca results are coming under scrutiny. The 90% claim was only achieved in a very small subset. The actual rate was around 70%. Also they tested only young people (nobody 55 or older) with very little diversity in gender, age or ethnicity and would likely be rejected by the FDA.

They're now describing it as 'useful.

He only harps on about it to get a reaction from you. He is a very needy man and he needs you to respond as you are one of the only few people in his life who gives him any attention. Ignore him and he will move on.

Hey chicken :) its cute you keep talking about me or replying to me posts. Thanks for helping the need.

I see the Oxford/AstraZeneca results are coming under scrutiny. The 90% claim was only achieved in a very small subset. The actual rate was around 70%. Also they tested only young people (nobody 55 or older) with very little diversity in gender, age or ethnicity and would likely be rejected by the FDA.

They're now describing it as 'useful.
Fine.

Give the expensive vaccines to the elderly then.

Everyone else can have the Oxford one. I'll take that over the "sod all" vaccine I'm expecting to be offered

And it's exactly that attitude that has led to the need to "level up"

I can, and have, lived with restrictions. Prohibition on my city compared with elsewhere is where I draw the line and the government loses my cooperation.

From Wednesday, you can go in a cafe and have lunch. I cannot. Nottingham is not a hotspot; it has a below average number of cases per 100,000 and it was blatently obvious that the original rise in Nottingham was linked to two of the biggest unis in the country starting their term

I'm not in London currently. Where I live suffers from a huge amount of rural poverty and lack of social mobility. The infection rate in Nottingham is 2.5x that of here.

To put them in tier 3 just because other areas are seems a bit unnecessary and will really hurt an already devastated local economy.

I'm not in London currently. Where I live suffers from a huge amount of rural poverty and lack of social mobility. The infection rate in Nottingham is 2.5x that of here.

To put them in tier 3 just because other areas are seems a bit unnecessary and will really hurt an already devastated local economy.
No, no, no.

Level up, not down.

You (or London) being in tier 3 in sympathy with Nottingham would not make my life better by one iota. You sharing my 'misery' would not reduce it either.

I want to be able to go for a bit of dinner with the wife and kids every now and then over Christmas. I want to be able to sit with Mrs Pope and had a coffee, maybe even a slice of cake as we put this rancid year behind us. I could live with tier 3 when shops and hospitality was open with restrictions.

Not being able to do that for an indeterminate about of time (realistically, months) and the genuine concern that it is going to be the final straw for large numbers of businesses really does make me angry. And I also think it is an economic catastrophe in the making that is unnecessary. I would like to imagine that more than 5 minutes was taken deciding Nottingham's fate, but I honestly doubt it was more than a 2 minute paper exercise; 800,000 people consigned to long term social, cultural and economic misery at a cursery glance of a graph

I don't want other areas to suffer the same unnecessarily, I just don't want my area to experience it.

Look at the East Midlands; rank is national.
Screenshot_20201126-214603_Twitter.jpg
First area of Nottingham is no.74 in the country (Mansfield) at 235/100,000

Nottingham itself is below 200/100,000 and is 121 in the country . Only three districts are above 200